Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 3 Old 10-26-2013, 05:11 PM - Thread Starter
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 30 Post(s)
Liked: 41
Hi All

I bought a Buttkicker LFE Kit and addition transducer a few weeks ago. love them, but the amp sucks as far as control goes. All my gear is in the basement and I have to constantly adjust the gain on the BK amp because movies have wildly varying LFE levels (e.g. Safe House LFE seems almost non-existant, but Oblivion is outstanding). Clearly, I'm not going to keep running up and down stairs to tweak the gain on the LFE amp. I temporarily placed it in the media room next to the sub using a splitter, but really want to get it back in the basement. I'm currently using 1 sub (SVS PB Ulttra-13), so I figured I'd use SW2 output and adjust the level on that to adjust the BK transducer level.

I enabled 2 subs, but then it turns off audyssey and I get no output from sub 2. I obviously can't run audyssey having told it to measure 2 subs when I only have one. I *could* disconnect SW1 and connect to SW2 when it's measured SW1 and is moving to SW2, but not sure what it will do if I'm tricking it into thinking I have 2 subs.

Anyone got any suggestions of how I can get SW2 enabled when Audessey is configured for one (or an alternate method to vary the input to the ButtKicker LFE - for example, split the LFE at AVR out, send half to sub and half to some kind of amp that has remote control capability, and from that device to the LFE amp)?

TIA

Mark
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 Old 10-27-2013, 08:33 AM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 814 Post(s)
Liked: 528
That sub has both left and right channel inputs. I think that connecting sub1 out to the right and sub2 out to the left, then running Audyssey would cause both of the receiver's sub outputs to calibrate properly.

However, using an external Y cable on the single calibrated output should work just as well.

Selden

Marantz SR7009/7.1.4/FH+TM/DefTech PM1000/LCR+TM amped
post #3 of 3 Old 10-27-2013, 09:16 AM - Thread Starter
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 30 Post(s)
Liked: 41
Quote:
Originally Posted by Selden Ball View Post

That sub has both left and right channel inputs. I think that connecting sub1 out to the right and sub2 out to the left, then running Audyssey would cause both of the receiver's sub outputs to calibrate properly.

However, using an external Y cable on the single calibrated output should work just as well.

will give it a try
Reply Receivers, Amps, and Processors

Tags
Svs Pb13 Ultra

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page