Onkyo TX-NR 727 Setup Advice (Polk RTIa4 and CSIA6) - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 2 Old 10-27-2013, 05:40 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Hi,
I got an amazing deal on the 727 receivers, and got one for each room. I have 7.1 in the basement and 5.1 in small living room.

Does anyone have any links for sites or docs that might give a great over view for all of the settings in the rcvr? This receiver has a ton of new feature abilities over my last onkyos and i wanna make sure i reap the benefits correctly.

I guess either a step by step of a basic setup of functions (than i would go thru and tweak to my room and ear preferencs) or a step by step of clear definitions for what each setting is for and what it affects.. so i can better understand why i am adjusting a setting a certain way.

thanks all!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 2 Old 10-28-2013, 10:49 AM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 30 Post(s)
Liked: 43
Despite this being my hobby for decades, I too am looking for something similar for my Onkyo TX-NR 929. I assume you've seen or downloaded the onlilne user manual. I find it very clinical to the point of being brief, considering the myriad of options for setup let alone enjoying every last feature.

Even though the 929 was hard to come by for a while, I wonder if Onkyo is taking a sales hit because of it's recent HDMI board problems. I say this because unlike other receivers with their "Official XXXX" threads, I find this lacking at least for the 929. That's often where you turn to for tweaking that won't be in the manual.

You probably know the 828 is not the 818 replacement for 2013. The 929 is closer to the 818 but with even more features. Still the 727, 828 and the 929 need what you're talking about.

If you can check your running temperatures and they're in the high 90s or low 100s, you probably have a newer HDMI board. That's where my 929 is but my Integra DTC9.8 pre-pro without those 9 amps, ran about 30-35 degrees hotter.

I think it would behoove Onkyo to touted any such improvements considering the hits they have been taking in places like AVS.

Patrick
Reply Receivers, Amps, and Processors

Tags
Onkyo Tx Nr5009 , Onkyo Tx Nr708 , Onkyo Tx Nr808 , Onkyo Tx Nr1008 , Onkyo Tx Nr807 , Onkyo Tx Nr515 , Onkyo Tx Nr414 , Onkyo Tx Nr818 , Onkyo Tx Nr717 , Onkyo Tx Nr906
Gear in this thread - Nr5009 by PriceGrabber.com

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page