The "Official" Sherbourn PA 7-350 Amp Discussion Thread - Page 8 - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 
 5Likes
Reply
Thread Tools
post #211 of 218 Old 09-05-2014, 10:28 AM
AVS Special Member
 
BllDo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Twin Cities
Posts: 1,155
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 109 Post(s)
Liked: 96
Oh man, I wish I could pick up another one of these brutes. I tried to get a second one during the sale, but by the time I went back they were all gone. Oh well, feel pretty lucky to have one. It's a monster. Someone's going to get a good deal.

-




Is it solipsistic in here, or is it just me?
BllDo is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #212 of 218 Old 09-05-2014, 03:16 PM
Advanced Member
 
jdlynch's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Location: Floyds Knobs, Indiana
Posts: 665
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 15 Post(s)
Liked: 23
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeff in Canada View Post
I have to go to Indiana (Kokomo) in a couple weeks for work, so I'm able to meet up with people in Indiana, Michigan and a fair bit of Ohio (Western side)
Hi Jeff.

I live in Indiana and am often in the Indianapolis area. I am seriously considering making a deal with you and meeting somewhere for a cash deal.

David

David Lynch Current Equipment: Marantz AV8801, Proceed HPA3, Parasound HCA-1206, Aerial Acoustics LR5's (LCR), Aerial Acoustics LR3's (sides), RBH in-walls (rears), Seaton Submersive, Marantz VP15s1, 106" Carada BW screen, Oppo BDP-103.
jdlynch is offline  
post #213 of 218 Old 09-19-2014, 12:10 AM
Member
 
Sam Ash's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Posts: 126
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 17 Post(s)
Liked: 11
Question 7-350 Power requirements ?

Hi Guys,

I'm wondering if someone here can kindly help me make the right decision as I am in the middle of installing my system.

My 7-350 is on a dedicated 220V/30A circuit (as required and mentioned in the PA 7-350 manual). However, I am faced with a bit of a dilemma. As I get voltage fluctuations in the power grid, I am thinking of incorporating a voltage stabilizer to get constant 220V at all times. The problem I have is that a 20A stabilizer is reasonably priced but a 30A stabilizer is proving to be far too expensive.

I know lab conditions demands proper 30A at 220V for optimal results but will a 20A stabiliser in the mix be sufficient for movies and music considering the fact that I will be using seven 4 ohm speakers ?

Any help will be appreciated.
Sam Ash is offline  
post #214 of 218 Old 09-20-2014, 10:28 AM
Advanced Member
 
Joel Solid's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: Temecula California
Posts: 606
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Liked: 13
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sam Ash View Post
Hi Guys,

I'm wondering if someone here can kindly help me make the right decision as I am in the middle of installing my system.

My 7-350 is on a dedicated 220V/30A circuit (as required and mentioned in the PA 7-350 manual). However, I am faced with a bit of a dilemma. As I get voltage fluctuations in the power grid, I am thinking of incorporating a voltage stabilizer to get constant 220V at all times. The problem I have is that a 20A stabilizer is reasonably priced but a 30A stabilizer is proving to be far too expensive.

I know lab conditions demands proper 30A at 220V for optimal results but will a 20A stabiliser in the mix be sufficient for movies and music considering the fact that I will be using seven 4 ohm speakers ?

Any help will be appreciated.
I have mine on a dedicated 20amp circuit and I have equipment to monitor what the amperage the amp pulls. I have never seen the amp pull over 10amp. My speakers are 4 ohm 87db. That is playing at reference level. The only way I can see pulling more is if you were trying to pull more amps out of it with a sine wave or if you were running your speakers all in full range. Because of my subs I have all of my speakers crossed over anywhere from 60 to 80 hz.

I hope this helps!
Joel Solid is offline  
post #215 of 218 Unread Yesterday, 08:02 PM
Senior Member
 
rms8's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: Northern IL
Posts: 471
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 95 Post(s)
Liked: 35
So are there people that do NOT get a buzz on the PA 7-350? I got mine last year and just got it all connected a few months ago after finally completing my HT. It has a distinct buzz which is being generated from the amp. I have proven this by not only disconnecting all inputs cables, but also by flipping off the breakers to all other devices in the sub panel. So the only thing getting power was the Sherbourn.

The speakers which are connected are not high efficiency speakers. I get the buzz in any of them. VERY DISAPPOINTED. I called Emotive today and spoke to Chad. Not a very courteous person. He said send it back to have them look at it and emailed me an RMA. Then I found this thread with others who have the same buzzing going on.

Did anyone ever send their back in for repair????????


## DIY Rustic ConcreteBunker HT Build w/8 x 18" IB subs & 25KW ##

Denon AVR-4520 11.2 | Sony VPL-HW55ES | Elite Screens 11' screen | Sanway FP-14000 | Sherbourn PA 7-350 | Buttkicker BKA-1000(3x) | Behringer iNuke NU1000DSP | GR Research LS-9 + LS-C | 8x IB318's | Buttkicker Original(2x), LFE(2x), MiniLFE(8x) | MinDSP 2x4 | 21'W x 27'L x 10'H | MiniSplit
Supercharged 10 second II
rms8 is online now  
post #216 of 218 Unread Yesterday, 11:22 PM
Member
 
Sam Ash's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Posts: 126
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 17 Post(s)
Liked: 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joel Solid View Post
I have mine on a dedicated 20amp circuit and I have equipment to monitor what the amperage the amp pulls. I have never seen the amp pull over 10amp. My speakers are 4 ohm 87db. That is playing at reference level. The only way I can see pulling more is if you were trying to pull more amps out of it with a sine wave or if you were running your speakers all in full range. Because of my subs I have all of my speakers crossed over anywhere from 60 to 80 hz.

I hope this helps!
Thank you very much for that information Joel, it helped a lot.
Sam Ash is offline  
post #217 of 218 Unread Yesterday, 11:27 PM
Member
 
Sam Ash's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Posts: 126
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 17 Post(s)
Liked: 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by rms8 View Post
So are there people that do NOT get a buzz on the PA 7-350? I got mine last year and just got it all connected a few months ago after finally completing my HT. It has a distinct buzz which is being generated from the amp. I have proven this by not only disconnecting all inputs cables, but also by flipping off the breakers to all other devices in the sub panel. So the only thing getting power was the Sherbourn.

The speakers which are connected are not high efficiency speakers. I get the buzz in any of them. VERY DISAPPOINTED. I called Emotive today and spoke to Chad. Not a very courteous person. He said send it back to have them look at it and emailed me an RMA. Then I found this thread with others who have the same buzzing going on.

Did anyone ever send their back in for repair????????
Sorry to hear that you're faced with that problem. Maybe you could borrow a single alternative efficient speaker and see if the problem still occurs. Hope you are able to resolve the issue.
Sam Ash is offline  
post #218 of 218 Unread Today, 05:10 AM
Senior Member
 
rms8's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: Northern IL
Posts: 471
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 95 Post(s)
Liked: 35
Unhappy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sam Ash View Post
Sorry to hear that you're faced with that problem. Maybe you could borrow a single alternative efficient speaker and see if the problem still occurs. Hope you are able to resolve the issue.

Unfortunately this is an issue with the amps power supply. I have 4 different speakers connected to it and all produce the same buzz which is VERY audible from the MLP. My HT is on the larger size so the MLP is a fair distance from the speakers.


## DIY Rustic ConcreteBunker HT Build w/8 x 18" IB subs & 25KW ##

Denon AVR-4520 11.2 | Sony VPL-HW55ES | Elite Screens 11' screen | Sanway FP-14000 | Sherbourn PA 7-350 | Buttkicker BKA-1000(3x) | Behringer iNuke NU1000DSP | GR Research LS-9 + LS-C | 8x IB318's | Buttkicker Original(2x), LFE(2x), MiniLFE(8x) | MinDSP 2x4 | 21'W x 27'L x 10'H | MiniSplit
Supercharged 10 second II
rms8 is online now  
Reply Receivers, Amps, and Processors

Tags
Sherbourn

Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page


Forum Jump: 

Posting Rules  
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off