Denon AVR3312ci issue/clicking and losing center sound - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 10 Old 10-30-2013, 12:51 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Hey guys,

So I am having an issue with my Denon AVR-3312Ci. It plays fine for a while then all of a sudden it starts "clicking" inside the amp and I lose the sound from the center channel. It will then "click" again and sound back and then back and forth.

The only thing I have changed is my TV stand and I added banana clips to all speaker wires. My new TV stand has about 4-5`` of clearance from the top of the receiver to the bottom of the next shelf and the sides and back are open. The only differance from the old one is the old one had likely about 8-10`` above the receiver.

Does anyone have any experience with this issue? I am thinking it might be overheating but that is just a guess. The receiver seems pretty warm.

Thanks for any help!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 10 Old 10-30-2013, 01:00 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 128 Post(s)
Liked: 126
You mentioned adding banana clips for the speaker wires..
Check closely your connections, any little wire strand can cause a short, shutting off the audio..
Check both @ the AVR and loudspeaker..

Just my $0.05... 👍😉
post #3 of 10 Old 10-30-2013, 06:37 PM - Thread Starter

Did some investigating tonight. When I wiggled the positive connection on the back of the receiver for the center channel it would click on and off. I redid the bananaclip connector but issue continued. I took the banana clip off and hooked it up without the clip and still get the clicking but have not lost center channel sound yet. It clicks off and on in a split second. Almost seems like a connection issue on that terminal in the receiver but not positive. I really hope I can fix this as there is literally nobody within a 12 hour drive that can fix this...
post #4 of 10 Old 10-30-2013, 07:32 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 58 Post(s)
Liked: 261
I have the same problem with my 2312ci. One way I have fixed it is by lifting the front of the receiver by a TINY amount and drop it. The relay will click and that has fixed it for a few months.
post #5 of 10 Old 10-30-2013, 07:34 PM

It clicks off and on in a split second. Almost seems like a connection issue on that terminal in the receiver but not positive.
post #6 of 10 Old 10-30-2013, 09:55 PM - Thread Starter

This is my guess as well. It seems when I lift up on the positive connector at the back for the center channel it clicks back on when off. Although, I have been using it the last 3 hours and no clicking at all, maybe a bad connection.

Hopefully issue resolved as I am not sure how I would get a loose connection inside fixed, I am a horrible solderer.
post #7 of 10 Old 12-04-2013, 07:12 AM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)

I am having what seems to be the exact same problem with my AVR-3312CI. I had to move my receiver slightly to check the position of a cable the other day and noticed a click. The center channel immediately stopped working. I wiggled the binding posts and the center channel started to work again. This has happened two or three times and now nothing will make the center channel work. I have removed and reset the cables, reset the microprocessor, swapped speakers and cables.

For whatever reason it seems that the magnetic contactor switch is not kicking in for the center channel. Does anyone have any idea on how to fix this? If not I will have to take the receiver to be serviced as it is now out of warranty (1 year refurbished warranty). I hate to hand it over and not have any control over how much this is going to cost to fix. Would be great to be more knowledgeable about this specific problem so as not to get hosed on the repair. Anyone else have any thoughts?

post #8 of 10 Old 08-06-2014, 12:11 AM - Thread Starter

Bump, still have not figured this out. I have the receiver completely apart now and the connectors are soldered straight to the main board. Emailed Denon and can not buy entire board as one piece, have to have component that is broken fixed/replaced.

Anyone have any thoughts I could try to fix this before finding someone to send it away to?
post #9 of 10 Old 08-06-2014, 10:43 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 58 Post(s)
Liked: 261
The relays could be bad, they don't cost much to replace so I would start there.
post #10 of 10 Old 08-17-2014, 07:14 AM

Liked: 0
same problem, same solution

Quote:
Originally Posted by jasanson View Post
I am having what seems to be the exact same problem with my AVR-3312CI. I had to move my receiver slightly to check the position of a cable the other day and noticed a click. The center channel immediately stopped working. I wiggled the binding posts and the center channel started to work again. This has happened two or three times and now nothing will make the center channel work. I have removed and reset the cables, reset the microprocessor, swapped speakers and cables.

For whatever reason it seems that the magnetic contactor switch is not kicking in for the center channel. Does anyone have any idea on how to fix this? If not I will have to take the receiver to be serviced as it is now out of warranty (1 year refurbished warranty). I hate to hand it over and not have any control over how much this is going to cost to fix. Would be great to be more knowledgeable about this specific problem so as not to get hosed on the repair. Anyone else have any thoughts?
My 3312 has been clicking for several months as well. (3-4 yr old, A4L, has worked fine so far). Then recently I noticed: no center and no rear right/left. No test tone out of these channels. Called support. Reset unsuccessful. Had also recently updated firmware and installed banana plugs, uncertain if connected or not. Then I read this thread, disconnected banana plugs for center channel, dropped the unit front slightly, and all channels are back. The clicking does sound like a magnetic trying to open or close a connection, maybe. No expert.
Summary: Drop it lightly, check again.
Thank you.
Reply Receivers, Amps, and Processors

Tags
Denon Avr3312ci Receiver , Denon Avr3312ci Integrated Network A V Surround Receiver Withmartin Logan Mlt 1 5 1 Speaker System B
Gear in this thread

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page