Anthem MRX Receivers - 310, 510, 710 Owners Thread & Tweaking Guide - Page 100 - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 
Reply
 
Thread Tools
post #2971 of 3204 Old 09-01-2014, 12:09 PM
Member
 
DrJazz's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Halifax, Nova Scotia
Posts: 26
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked: 12
Quote:
Originally Posted by bkeeler10 View Post
Second, the best (most accurate) way to give your bass a boost with the Anthem is to run ARC in manual mode and adjust the room gain number. Adjust it up 2-3 dB and then play your reference material again and see what happens.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Breddy View Post
Try increasing the Room Gain setting a bit, this helped me greatly. I also add somewhere between +2 and +4 on the subwoofer level to bring things up some.
You guys are geniuses! I tried increasing the room gain by 2 dB and it made all the difference - I was floored both by how easy it was to adjust (just hit calculate and re-upload) and the profound effect it had. It was EXACTLY what I was looking for - a lot more of what I call "sound energy" in the lower frequencies. 2 dB was great, though a scene or two still didn't have all the "oomph" I've become accustomed to in the Denon (such as the elevator shaft section doors opening in Tron: Legacy when the elevator is in free-fall). I then tried 3 dB, but that seems like too much. I'm confident I can find a happy middle ground in there with more experimenting.

There is now no question that the Anthem MRX-510 is a superior AVR to my old Denon 3808ci in terms of sound quality. It would appear, however, that the Anthem has more trouble with HDMI handshaking (it frequently "flips out" with alternating snow static and green/magenta screens when going back to the root menu in Tron and selecting a scene to play) but it eventually figures it out in 5 - 10 seconds.

So, a big thank you to you gentlemen for your help. VERY much appreciated.
Breddy likes this.

Anthem MRX-310 / Rotel RMB-1095 / Oppo BDP-93
Klipsch RF-7 II, RC-64 II, RS-62 II (5.1) / Paradigm Sub 15
DrJazz is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #2972 of 3204 Old 09-01-2014, 12:17 PM
Member
 
DrJazz's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Halifax, Nova Scotia
Posts: 26
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked: 12
Quote:
Originally Posted by drhankz View Post
I am a D2 owner - I would suggest the D2v if your distributor
has one or an AV50v as a backup, especially where you have
external AMPs.
Thanks for your suggestion. Yes, I've had my eye on a D2v for a while now (and a P5 for that matter to replace my Rotel amp), though at $10,000 CDN it's more than a bit out of my price range. (Even the AVM 50v is pricey for me at ~$7500.) It's also a piece of gear that I'm unable to audition before purchasing.

I truly yearn for the "holographic" sound that the D2v and the Krell Foundation are reported to project. I may have to wait a year or two (or longer) before I can make that leap.

Anthem MRX-310 / Rotel RMB-1095 / Oppo BDP-93
Klipsch RF-7 II, RC-64 II, RS-62 II (5.1) / Paradigm Sub 15
DrJazz is offline  
post #2973 of 3204 Old 09-01-2014, 04:07 PM
Senior Member
 
bkeeler10's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Utah
Posts: 468
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 114 Post(s)
Liked: 66
Glad that worked for you. I was going to say that your uneq'd sub response is very good and that ARC pulled down your peak in th low 20s Hz which might have decreased some tactile sensation. Regardless, your room gain was a bit lower than I've usually seen. Anyway glad you're happy with it now. That's a big appeal of ARC to me - you can do a fair amount of adjustment to taste. Can't do that with Audyssey unless you spend several hundred dollars going to Pro.
mazpri likes this.
bkeeler10 is offline  
post #2974 of 3204 Old 09-02-2014, 01:29 AM
Member
 
mazpri's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2013
Location: ol Europe
Posts: 122
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 19 Post(s)
Liked: 22
Quote:
Originally Posted by bkeeler10 View Post
...uneq'd sub response is very good and that ARC pulled down your peak in th low 20s Hz which might have decreased some tactile sensation.... That's a big appeal of ARC to me - you can do a fair amount of adjustment to taste...
exactly my thought - some ppl just do the auto config and think this is they way it's meant to be - or they try to get a super perfect linear spl for the whole freq range because the graphs make one think this ist the way it has to be.
IMO there is nothing wrong in a gain or cut off in case its preferred that way, the graphs should not dictate but guide that decision.
whodunnit likes this.
mazpri is offline  
post #2975 of 3204 Old 09-02-2014, 09:41 AM
Member
 
whodunnit's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Wherever you go...well there you are. Currently I'm here, but soon I'll be someplace else. But rest assured I'll be there at the time, but I'll be gone before you know it.
Posts: 148
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 40 Post(s)
Liked: 58
Quote:
Originally Posted by mazpri View Post
exactly my thought - some ppl just do the auto config and think this is they way it's meant to be - or they try to get a super perfect linear spl for the whole freq range because the graphs make one think this ist the way it has to be.
IMO there is nothing wrong in a gain or cut off in case its preferred that way, the graphs should not dictate but guide that decision.
Absolutely! Couldn't have said it better myself...so I won't try, much to the relief of each and every one of you out there I'm sure....

In memory of Buddy, the world's best pup, who passed peacefully June 28th/2014. He is sorely missed.
whodunnit is online now  
post #2976 of 3204 Old 09-02-2014, 11:33 AM
Member
 
grymok's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Posts: 98
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 7 Post(s)
Liked: 13
At last I got some time to rerun ARC, after i lost my original calcs after a reinstall of Windows.
It was needed because my 710 did go into the "Mute" mode again :S

The files are attached with the proper name of the configs.
I'm wondering why the ARC has set the crossover at 80 on all speakers this time, the first time it set fronts to 50, center to 70 and surround to 80 and the sub to 120.
Anyone got a good description why it's different(nothing has changed significantly in the room).?
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Music target calc.PNG
Views:	53
Size:	74.9 KB
ID:	242410   Click image for larger version

Name:	Music sub.png
Views:	38
Size:	56.9 KB
ID:	242418   Click image for larger version

Name:	Music front right.PNG
Views:	41
Size:	113.3 KB
ID:	242426   Click image for larger version

Name:	Movie target calc.PNG
Views:	46
Size:	62.1 KB
ID:	242434   Click image for larger version

Name:	Movie sub.png
Views:	34
Size:	55.5 KB
ID:	242442  

Click image for larger version

Name:	movie front right.PNG
Views:	37
Size:	108.8 KB
ID:	242450  
grymok is online now  
post #2977 of 3204 Old 09-02-2014, 10:32 PM
Member
 
mazpri's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2013
Location: ol Europe
Posts: 122
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 19 Post(s)
Liked: 22
Quote:
Originally Posted by grymok View Post
... wondering why the ARC has set the crossover at 80 on all speakers this time...
i guess only Anthem staff knows how auto config finds its settings. In case your measured graphs didn't change my best bet is you upgraded the firmware and software. They stated changes for certain sub integration scenarios. In case you don't bother the different sounding you could also try to raise the crossover point in 10hz steps on all speakers to offload the heavy sub stuff to your active subwoofer, it would be interesting to see if that avoids protection shut downs...

or is the old config the one that caused shutdowns? The new one should ease the load already...

Last edited by mazpri; 09-02-2014 at 11:02 PM. Reason: 2nd thought
mazpri is offline  
post #2978 of 3204 Old 09-03-2014, 12:19 AM
Member
 
grymok's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Posts: 98
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 7 Post(s)
Liked: 13
Quote:
Originally Posted by mazpri View Post
i guess only Anthem staff knows how auto config finds its settings. In case your measured graphs didn't change my best bet is you upgraded the firmware and software. They stated changes for certain sub integration scenarios. In case you don't bother the different sounding you could also try to raise the crossover point in 10hz steps on all speakers to offload the heavy sub stuff to your active subwoofer, it would be interesting to see if that avoids protection shut downs...

or is the old config the one that caused shutdowns? The new one should ease the load already...
I've never had problems with shutdowns on my unit, even without ARC or with ARC(even with fronts set at 50hz, which gave a heavy punch).
It's probably a new update for the ARC software then. I haven't got time to listen much on the new ARC settings vs the old, and unfortunately I lost my old configs after a Windows update, so I can't even compare them .
But how do the graphs look, and the target windows?.
grymok is online now  
post #2979 of 3204 Old 09-03-2014, 04:40 AM
Member
 
mazpri's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2013
Location: ol Europe
Posts: 122
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 19 Post(s)
Liked: 22
Quote:
Originally Posted by grymok View Post
I've never had problems with shutdowns on my ...
But how do the graphs look, and the target windows?.
Ah gotya! I took yor "Mute" mode as sarcasm for shut downs so that was a missunderstanding on my side.
About the graphs I think ARC is doin heavy treatment to get yor sound in line. I don't exactly recall the app screens, but shouldn't there be a post ARC indicator?
Since the fronts show same characteristics the bumpy graph might be not only room related. In case you want to get back that kind of sound flavour you could limit the EQ max to where the subwoofer integration is handled. But are you missin sth in the sound at the moment? What are you aming for?
mazpri is offline  
post #2980 of 3204 Old 09-03-2014, 06:53 AM
Member
 
Nejiro's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2013
Location: Italy
Posts: 27
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Liked: 12
Hi guys, I'm thinking of adding an ending to my Anthem 510, I thought 'advance Acoustic XA-160 I find that here in Italy to less than 1000 € .Siccome I have little experience with the finals, I wonder if it would be a good expenditure and if sfrutterei the most of my Paradigm Monitor speakers 11.Nei next few days i will go to my dealer to do a ascolto.This Advance is a good ending or have other advise me that do not exceed the € 1,000?
Thank you

Anthem MRX510 - Paradigm Studio 100 v5 - cc690 v5 - Monitor Surround 3 - SVS SB1000
Nejiro is offline  
post #2981 of 3204 Old 09-03-2014, 07:23 AM
Member
 
grymok's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Posts: 98
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 7 Post(s)
Liked: 13
Quote:
Originally Posted by mazpri View Post
Ah gotya! I took yor "Mute" mode as sarcasm for shut downs so that was a missunderstanding on my side.
About the graphs I think ARC is doin heavy treatment to get yor sound in line. I don't exactly recall the app screens, but shouldn't there be a post ARC indicator?
Since the fronts show same characteristics the bumpy graph might be not only room related. In case you want to get back that kind of sound flavour you could limit the EQ max to where the subwoofer integration is handled. But are you missin sth in the sound at the moment? What are you aming for?
About the "Mute" mode, it's a bug where the receiver goes into a complete mute state, which is only resolved my factory to hard resetting the receiver and setup the receiver from scratz again. It's seems to be a bug with the CEC controlls.

About the graphs i forgot to run the calculation. I have uploaded them again :P
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	movie front right.PNG
Views:	28
Size:	139.3 KB
ID:	243465   Click image for larger version

Name:	Movie target calc.PNG
Views:	32
Size:	62.1 KB
ID:	243473   Click image for larger version

Name:	Movie sub.png
Views:	27
Size:	64.3 KB
ID:	243481   Click image for larger version

Name:	Music target calc.PNG
Views:	24
Size:	74.9 KB
ID:	243489   Click image for larger version

Name:	Music sub.png
Views:	27
Size:	67.8 KB
ID:	243497  

Click image for larger version

Name:	Music front right.PNG
Views:	26
Size:	138.3 KB
ID:	243505  
grymok is online now  
post #2982 of 3204 Old 09-03-2014, 07:43 AM
Member
 
mazpri's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2013
Location: ol Europe
Posts: 122
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 19 Post(s)
Liked: 22
Cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nejiro View Post
Hi guys, I'm thinking of adding an ending to my Anthem 510, I thought 'advance Acoustic XA-160 I find that here in Italy to less than 1000 € .Siccome I have little experience with the finals, I wonder if it would be a good expenditure and if sfrutterei the most of my Paradigm Monitor speakers 11.Nei next few days i will go to my dealer to do a ascolto.This Advance is a good ending or have other advise me that do not exceed the € 1,000?
Thank you
Ouch - how's the weather in Italy lately? Tough bet to tell what is available in Italy for that price at the moment.
Why not asking the dealers at your hands about what amplifiers they can offer for less than 1k€ and then ask in forums what ppl think about those...
There is no MRX specific amps either, the MRX will try to get the best out of any amp or speaker combination you come up with....
...hope you find a good ending in the finals though

Last edited by mazpri; 09-03-2014 at 08:34 AM. Reason: translation related correction
mazpri is offline  
post #2983 of 3204 Old 09-03-2014, 09:43 AM
Member
 
Nejiro's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2013
Location: Italy
Posts: 27
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Liked: 12
I actually am very satisfied with how it sounds Anthem is in my ht that with the music, but as I read more of the parties that a final could further improve things then I'm really curious to see if this change will sarà.Deciderò to purchase only if after listening known abysmal differences, otherwise not worth the pena.In alternative on € 1,000 over the Advance Acoustic xa-160 my dealer has these models:

Used Meridian 557 to 1350 €
Bryston 3b st used at 1100 €
Forte Audio Model 6 used € 990
Naim Nap 175 v € 990 ex demo
Rotel RB-1552 MKII 760 € new
Unison Research Unico upower € 1390 new

Anthem MRX510 - Paradigm Studio 100 v5 - cc690 v5 - Monitor Surround 3 - SVS SB1000
Nejiro is offline  
post #2984 of 3204 Old 09-03-2014, 12:31 PM
Member
 
mazpri's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2013
Location: ol Europe
Posts: 122
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 19 Post(s)
Liked: 22
Cool amplificato ergo sum

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nejiro View Post
I actually am very satisfied with how it sounds Anthem is in my ht ... after listening known abysmal differences...
I'd go with the Rotel, but thats a personal exp. If the MRX doesn't get hot the way you regularly use it - then save the pena for Magdalena that's what I would do...
whodunnit likes this.
mazpri is offline  
post #2985 of 3204 Old 09-03-2014, 03:31 PM
Member
 
whodunnit's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Wherever you go...well there you are. Currently I'm here, but soon I'll be someplace else. But rest assured I'll be there at the time, but I'll be gone before you know it.
Posts: 148
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 40 Post(s)
Liked: 58
Though I spoke of the used Bryston as possibly having remaining warranty in "that other forum"...Rotel makes solid and reliable amps that tend to offer good value. I have an older 1095 that I really like.

In memory of Buddy, the world's best pup, who passed peacefully June 28th/2014. He is sorely missed.
whodunnit is online now  
post #2986 of 3204 Old 09-03-2014, 07:25 PM
Senior Member
 
dlynch34's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Charlotte,NC
Posts: 246
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 24 Post(s)
Liked: 15
Quote:
Originally Posted by DrJazz View Post
You guys are geniuses! I tried increasing the room gain by 2 dB and it made all the difference - I was floored both by how easy it was to adjust (just hit calculate and re-upload) and the profound effect it had. It was EXACTLY what I was looking for - a lot more of what I call "sound energy" in the lower frequencies. 2 dB was great, though a scene or two still didn't have all the "oomph" I've become accustomed to in the Denon (such as the elevator shaft section doors opening in Tron: Legacy when the elevator is in free-fall). I then tried 3 dB, but that seems like too much. I'm confident I can find a happy middle ground in there with more experimenting.

There is now no question that the Anthem MRX-510 is a superior AVR to my old Denon 3808ci in terms of sound quality. It would appear, however, that the Anthem has more trouble with HDMI handshaking (it frequently "flips out" with alternating snow static and green/magenta screens when going back to the root menu in Tron and selecting a scene to play) but it eventually figures it out in 5 - 10 seconds.

So, a big thank you to you gentlemen for your help. VERY much appreciated.


chances are this is a cable issue and not so much an issue with the anthem. I have not had any handshake issues since adding the mrx510 to my system.
dlynch34 is offline  
post #2987 of 3204 Old 09-04-2014, 04:31 AM
Member
 
DrJazz's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Halifax, Nova Scotia
Posts: 26
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked: 12
Quote:
Originally Posted by dlynch34 View Post
chances are this is a cable issue and not so much an issue with the anthem. I have not had any handshake issues since adding the mrx510 to my system.
It's possible that the Anthem is more sensitive to cable quality, but I've been using the same cables for several years with the Denon and have had no issues.

Anthem MRX-310 / Rotel RMB-1095 / Oppo BDP-93
Klipsch RF-7 II, RC-64 II, RS-62 II (5.1) / Paradigm Sub 15
DrJazz is offline  
post #2988 of 3204 Old 09-04-2014, 08:42 AM
Member
 
4AlexF's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Kiev, Ukraine
Posts: 26
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Adding Cooling Fans with USB

I need your advise. My MRX-510 is turning off playing at big volumes. I think this is because of the overheat protection. I want to put on the upper cover a 5V USB cooling fan like used for laptops (Deepcool N17 Super slim Laptop cooler).

Is it possible to power it by the USB port on the rear panel of MRX-510??? Very much appreciated
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Deepcool N17 Super slim Laptop cooler.jpg
Views:	41
Size:	44.4 KB
ID:	245802  

Last edited by 4AlexF; 09-04-2014 at 08:46 AM.
4AlexF is offline  
post #2989 of 3204 Old 09-04-2014, 01:04 PM
Member
 
mazpri's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2013
Location: ol Europe
Posts: 122
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 19 Post(s)
Liked: 22
Quote:
Originally Posted by 4AlexF View Post
I need your advise.
I doubt such a cooler would make the difference. The amp section is cooled via the tunnel and vent. Make sure the built in fan can easily blow out the hot air and is not blocked. If that doesn't work i'd rather consider an add. amp instead. I dont know about the USB port but its intended for mem sticks only, unlikely to power a big fan ...
mazpri is offline  
post #2990 of 3204 Old 09-04-2014, 04:08 PM
Member
 
_stranger's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Posts: 67
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked: 11
Hello ..

Am very impressed with the SQ of the Anthem 710.

Apologize if this as been already covered. Have been searching within the thread and can't find any specific information related to the 710 offering a 2 channel analogue pass through ...

I understand that Anthem offered this feature as an improvement or enhancement from the previous generation MRX ...?

Is this (pass through) 2 channel audio without being digitized by ARC accomplished by the set up of the configuration (listening config) ?
_stranger is offline  
post #2991 of 3204 Old 09-04-2014, 07:44 PM
Member
 
_stranger's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Posts: 67
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked: 11
Carrying the above thought further it appears the configuration acts as a listening preset ?

For the same source (OPPO BDP 93) I bitstream over HDMI setup, and have analogue bypass if the second configuration is setup to turn ARC off.

Did Anthem offer a work around for users looking to use the DAC of a source player vs, I believe what is an ad hoc workaround in the use of zone2 ? (no processing). I suppose one could use the zone2 as a preset ...

Am i way of the idea on this ?
_stranger is offline  
post #2992 of 3204 Old 09-04-2014, 09:39 PM
AVS Special Member
 
grasshoppers's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: aridzona
Posts: 1,707
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 140 Post(s)
Liked: 154
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob Pariseau View Post
Quote:Originally Posted by grasshoppers

Quote:Originally Posted by luismanrara

I recently heard about these receivers and even though they do not have analog inputs I'm still quite interested in these units, particularly the 710.

Do the units have any analog pass through, or are even the analog inputs digitized?


No analog pass thru, analog inputs are digitized in the MRX.
ARC will have a larger impact on what you hear vs a pure analog input...it's that good.
Audition one if you can.


Not correct. Unlike the original MRX units, the new units DO offer Analog passthrough -- unprocessed, Stereo Analog output -- only Volume control. However, as stated, they only have Stereo Analog inputs.

Processed Analog output is also available for these Stereo Analog inputs. This would include ARC of course, and also Surround Sound processing (generating audio for Center and the Surrounds).

Audio Processing can be engaged separately for each Input you define which uses Stereo Analog audio input. If Analog input Audio Processing is engaged, there are separate settings in the Input definition to engage ARC and/or Dolby Volume.
--Bob
Quote:
Originally Posted by _stranger View Post
Carrying the above thought further it appears the configuration acts as a listening preset ?

For the same source (OPPO BDP 93) I bitstream over HDMI setup, and have analogue bypass if the second configuration is setup to turn ARC off.

Did Anthem offer a work around for users looking to use the DAC of a source player vs, I believe what is an ad hoc workaround in the use of zone2 ? (no processing). I suppose one could use the zone2 as a preset ...

Am i way of the idea on this ?

Page 59... post#1745. don't know if that answers your question? Hope it helps.
grasshoppers is online now  
post #2993 of 3204 Old 09-04-2014, 11:03 PM
Member
 
4AlexF's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Kiev, Ukraine
Posts: 26
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by mazpri View Post
Make sure the built in fan can easily blow out the hot air and is not blocked. If that doesn't work i'd rather consider an add. amp instead. I dont know about the USB port but its intended for mem sticks only, unlikely to power a big fan ...
Thanks for your reply, mazpri. I thought about additional amps. I would be the best solution. Unfortunately it is too expensive for me now.

I read on forums that guys were using laptop cooling fan powered by USB with Pioneer and Denon receivers. But on MRX-510's rear panel the USB is marked as 5V/500mA USB update. If it is sufficient to power the cooling fan, I need to know.
4AlexF is offline  
post #2994 of 3204 Old 09-05-2014, 03:45 AM
Member
 
mazpri's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2013
Location: ol Europe
Posts: 122
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 19 Post(s)
Liked: 22
Quote:
Originally Posted by 4AlexF View Post
... is marked as 5V/500mA ....
ah, thanks for figurin that out, so now you know all you need to ask in notebook-forums for a cooling solution you can waste your money on.
But if you have the money for a 510 and a speaker setup to max it out i would think there is more to find for buyin a simple 2ch amp...
mazpri is offline  
post #2995 of 3204 Old 09-05-2014, 05:57 AM
Member
 
_stranger's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Posts: 67
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked: 11
^^

Thank you grasshoppers, this is indeed the same post I was looking for, ideal.

Bob does very good work as well. I have seen many of your posts throughout this tread, well done.

So, is Bob saying that yes analogue passthrough is achieved by turning ARC off ? And this can be done via configuration within the menu settings. I will try this soon...

I have ahead the 710 for few months now. With Autumn approaching, time to trial this MRX, she's a beauty.
_stranger is offline  
post #2996 of 3204 Old 09-05-2014, 12:47 PM
Member
 
mazpri's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2013
Location: ol Europe
Posts: 122
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 19 Post(s)
Liked: 22
Quote:
Originally Posted by _stranger View Post
...Thank you grasshoppers, this is indeed the same post I was looking for, ideal. ...
I also recommend to read the manual available for download on Anthems website. Chpt 3.6 is about input settings and how it works - so its a good read. It almost covers everyting one needs to know in one or another chapter and i didn't find any missinformation yet - just take it word for word. It did answer most if not all questions i had
mazpri is offline  
post #2997 of 3204 Old 09-05-2014, 02:24 PM
Newbie
 
emergetech's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2014
Posts: 9
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Liked: 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by VTGOLFER View Post
I have another question and not sure if this is an Anthem MRX-510 issue or what. I have a Sony BDP-S5100 Blu-ray player that I use for SACD's as well. I had it hooked up with my MRX-300 and it played the SACD just fine via HDMI but it will not play audio with the 510. Not sure if I have a wrong setting with the 510 but it is hooked up via HDMI 1 just like the 300. The 300 had no issues playing the SACD but the 510 will not.

Any set up issues or anyone have an idea?

Thanks,
Ted
Did you ever solve his issue? I have the same problem with a S5100 and a MRX 710.
emergetech is offline  
post #2998 of 3204 Old 09-05-2014, 03:20 PM
Member
 
Barnahadnagy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Location: Hungary
Posts: 105
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 42 Post(s)
Liked: 24
MRX x10 can't do anything with the DSD signal found on SACDs. I think the x00 handled DSD. You have to setup your SACD player to convert DSD. Settings name could be a lot of things, but "convert to PCM" is the most likely. Before you ask, this is not lossless, but won't cause audible differences (and x00 converts DSD to PCM for itself, as does most of the amps, so you really won't lose anything).

Additionally, cooling is kinda up and running, I would say currently half of the air goes around the MRX and not through it, and the heat-tunnel fan is not yet operational (yea a lot to do), but unit is already cooler than when it was running in the open. Fans are inaudible. I must say it turned out to be very good.

2-channel is just multichannel done badly. - Frank Derks
Barnahadnagy is offline  
post #2999 of 3204 Old 09-05-2014, 04:40 PM
Senior Member
 
dlynch34's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Charlotte,NC
Posts: 246
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 24 Post(s)
Liked: 15
anyone using a lumagen mini with their receiver by chance? if so what setting are u using to pass thru video to the lumagen..
dlynch34 is offline  
post #3000 of 3204 Old 09-05-2014, 06:27 PM
Member
 
whodunnit's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Wherever you go...well there you are. Currently I'm here, but soon I'll be someplace else. But rest assured I'll be there at the time, but I'll be gone before you know it.
Posts: 148
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 40 Post(s)
Liked: 58
Quote:
Originally Posted by Barnahadnagy View Post
MRX x10 can't do anything with the DSD signal found on SACDs. I think the x00 handled DSD. You have to setup your SACD player to convert DSD. Settings name could be a lot of things, but "convert to PCM" is the most likely. Before you ask, this is not lossless, but won't cause audible differences (and x00 converts DSD to PCM for itself, as does most of the amps, so you really won't lose anything).

Additionally, cooling is kinda up and running, I would say currently half of the air goes around the MRX and not through it, and the heat-tunnel fan is not yet operational (yea a lot to do), but unit is already cooler than when it was running in the open. Fans are inaudible. I must say it turned out to be very good.
Hey Barnahadnagy-
What fans are you running? I remember there was a model you wanted that ended up being out of stock. Also, what are you using as a power source for the fan(s)...Curious regarding the USB as a power source on the Anthem, as well as potential interference caused by a 12 volt transformers in many fan set ups. Also like that your fans are "inaudible"...not the case with my two "Coolerguys" 12 cm fans....looking for a better option for a future upgrade.

In memory of Buddy, the world's best pup, who passed peacefully June 28th/2014. He is sorely missed.
whodunnit is online now  
Reply Receivers, Amps, and Processors

Tags
Anthem Mrx710 , Anthem Mrx510 , Anthem Mrx310
Gear in this thread - Mrx710 by PriceGrabber.com

Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page


Forum Jump: 

Posting Rules  
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off