Anthem MRX Receivers - 310, 510, 710 Owners Thread & Tweaking Guide - Page 127 - AVS | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Baselworld is only a few weeks away. Getting the latest news is easy, Click Here for info on how to join the Watchuseek.com newsletter list. Follow our team for updates featuring event coverage, new product unveilings, watch industry news & more!

Forum Jump: 
post #3781 of 3809 Old 04-18-2015, 04:37 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 12 Post(s)
Liked: 11
Hi
Was wondering if somebody has any experience in wireless headphones. My daughter is hard of hearing so I thought it would be great to hook up some wireless headphones for her. This way I didn't need to crank the system so loud. But I bought a Sony wireless set with analogue red/white RCA connectors and connected it to the rec out on the amp, but nothing no sound. Is there any way to do this? Or do I need to buy a set that accepts optical out? I should also mention that all my devices connect to the Anthem amp with one hdmi out to the TV. Is the amp able to output audio from hdmi to analogue or optical out?
Thanks

Last edited by plouie10; 04-18-2015 at 04:43 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #3782 of 3809 Old 04-19-2015, 12:18 AM

Quoted: 20 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Shouldn't it just be a case of plugging them into the mic jack on the front of the amp?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
post #3783 of 3809 Old 04-19-2015, 12:19 AM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
I think he wants normal operation + headphones in parallel
post #3784 of 3809 Old 04-19-2015, 07:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by adix View Post
I think he wants normal operation + headphones in parallel
Yes, that's correct. Sorry if I didn't explain myself properly
post #3785 of 3809 Old 04-19-2015, 08:46 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 102 Post(s)
Liked: 410
Quote:
Originally Posted by plouie10 View Post
Hi
Was wondering if somebody has any experience in wireless headphones. My daughter is hard of hearing so I thought it would be great to hook up some wireless headphones for her. This way I didn't need to crank the system so loud. But I bought a Sony wireless set with analogue red/white RCA connectors and connected it to the rec out on the amp, but nothing no sound. Is there any way to do this? Or do I need to buy a set that accepts optical out? I should also mention that all my devices connect to the Anthem amp with one hdmi out to the TV. Is the amp able to output audio from hdmi to analogue or optical out?
Thanks
I remember something similar with my AVM20. I had to go into the settings and tell it to output the signal via the analog rec out. Check your owners manual for setting up inputs/outputs.
post #3786 of 3809 Old 04-19-2015, 08:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saturn94 View Post
I remember something similar with my AVM20. I had to go into the settings and tell it to output the signal via the analog rec out. Check your owners manual for setting up inputs/outputs.
No such luck. Plus in reading more on the web, I don't think it's possible for amp to convert hdmi audio and output to optical or analog. I think you have to capture each device (hdmi or optical) prior to plugging into the amp. Sony make such a headphones with 3 hdmi in and 1 optical in. Then out to receiver. But I think that's too much trouble. I'll keep searching
post #3787 of 3809 Old 04-19-2015, 09:35 PM

I have a hdmi to hdmi optical splitter. 50 bucks or about that. I used it on my old setup. That gets you optical audio out from hdmi.
post #3788 of 3809 Old 04-20-2015, 07:39 AM

Quoted: 11 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by plouie10 View Post
Hi
Thanks
Not sure if it would work, but can you use the amp preouts? I assume the headphones have their own independent volume control.

Last edited by feistyacorn; 04-20-2015 at 07:42 AM.
post #3789 of 3809 Old 04-20-2015, 01:13 PM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 0
MRX 710 - configuration with sub in stereo

Hello everyone, I ask you to help you set up this gorgeous handset with use of a sub in stereo. The sub is a B & W PV1D, the 710 is also connected to an OPPO BDP 105 configured in stereo analog outputs. I have tried, with limited success, all three possibilities which provides the 710.

1 Rec Out (audio too strong that I can not handle)
2. Zone 2 out (I find it difficult to handle twice the volume)
3. Front L / R pre out. Perhaps it is the only exit suits but from my tests it seems that the crossover, the 710, has no effect on the sub.

Thank you all.
post #3790 of 3809 Old 04-20-2015, 02:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by feistyacorn View Post
Not sure if it would work, but can you use the amp preouts? I assume the headphones have their own independent volume control.
Thanks the pre outs work but volume is to low o be affective. Serves me right for buying $60.00 headphones from Costco. Plus lots of static no matter which frequency I use. Anybody have a good suggestion for wireless headphones?
Thanks again for your help.
post #3791 of 3809 Old 04-21-2015, 02:52 PM

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 12
Hello
I have had an Anthem MRX-510 for several months and I love it. On the front end for music I have a Sonos, feeding an Empirical Audio Synchrosmesh reclocker (asyncronous sample rate converter with a quality clock) outputting the now 24/96 signal via coax into the receiver. The sound is great for both music and movies (movies using Oppo Blu-ray player). I decided that I wanted to try Anthem Logic for 2-channel music, even though I generally don't like the faux-surround modes. I went to the setup menu and, for the Sonos input, selected Anthem Logic Music as the default. However, I get nothing from the rear channels unless I switch (using the mode button) to Dolby or DTS. The choice of Anthem Logic doesn't even show up as an option when the mode button is pushed. I downloaded and installed the latest MRX software, but the problem remains. Customer service thinks at this point that "Sounds like the signal coming from the sonos is not 2.0 or it isnt classifying itself as a standard 2.0. It could be 2.0 surround where the AL options will not be available for." Yet Sonos is a strictly 2-channel product and the front panel of the receiver says "2.0 PCM." The Anthem Logic does work on CDs played from the Blu-ray player, which is connected via HDMI. Has anyone had a similar problem, and is there anyone with a suggestion of what might be wrong? This isn't a major issue for me--I love the straight 2.1 stereo with music. But I have heard positive things about Anthem Logic and would just like to try it out. Thanks in advance for any help.
Jim L
post #3792 of 3809 Old 04-21-2015, 03:35 PM

Liked: 19
Quote:
Originally Posted by livengood1 View Post
Hello
I have had an Anthem MRX-510 for several months and I love it. On the front end for music I have a Sonos, feeding an Empirical Audio Synchrosmesh reclocker (asyncronous sample rate converter with a quality clock) outputting the now 24/96 signal via coax into the receiver. The sound is great for both music and movies (movies using Oppo Blu-ray player). I decided that I wanted to try Anthem Logic for 2-channel music, even though I generally don't like the faux-surround modes. I went to the setup menu and, for the Sonos input, selected Anthem Logic Music as the default. However, I get nothing from the rear channels unless I switch (using the mode button) to Dolby or DTS. The choice of Anthem Logic doesn't even show up as an option when the mode button is pushed. I downloaded and installed the latest MRX software, but the problem remains. Customer service thinks at this point that "Sounds like the signal coming from the sonos is not 2.0 or it isnt classifying itself as a standard 2.0. It could be 2.0 surround where the AL options will not be available for." Yet Sonos is a strictly 2-channel product and the front panel of the receiver says "2.0 PCM." The Anthem Logic does work on CDs played from the Blu-ray player, which is connected via HDMI. Has anyone had a similar problem, and is there anyone with a suggestion of what might be wrong? This isn't a major issue for me--I love the straight 2.1 stereo with music. But I have heard positive things about Anthem Logic and would just like to try it out. Thanks in advance for any help.
Jim L
What happens if you just plug your Sonos into the MRX and skip the reclocker?

post #3793 of 3809 Old 04-21-2015, 05:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MitchPope View Post
What happens if you just plug your Sonos into the MRX and skip the reclocker?
Good idea. I will try it tomorrow. Thanks.
post #3794 of 3809 Old 04-22-2015, 05:35 AM

Quote:
Good idea. I will try it tomorrow. Thanks.
That was it. The Sonos directly in to the MRX via coax allows Anthem Logic to work. Unfortunately, it is not worth the cost--with the Synchromesh reclocker removed, the sound quality took a large step backward. It's back in.
post #3795 of 3809 Old 04-22-2015, 08:11 AM

Liked: 19
Quote:
That was it. The Sonos directly in to the MRX via coax allows Anthem Logic to work. Unfortunately, it is not worth the cost--with the Synchromesh reclocker removed, the sound quality took a large step backward. It's back in.
That's what I thought. I remember a similar problem when I was running my AppleTV into an MDAC. I wonder if it can't apply AnthemLogic to a 24/96 stream in the MRX series.

post #3796 of 3809 Old 04-22-2015, 12:51 PM

Quoted: 14 Post(s)
Liked: 16
Quote:
Originally Posted by MitchPope View Post
That's what I thought. I remember a similar problem when I was running my AppleTV into an MDAC. I wonder if it can't apply AnthemLogic to a 24/96 stream in the MRX series.

I am just using a Cable Box and a Roku 3 both connected via HDMI and I do not get AnthemLogic either
post #3797 of 3809 Old 04-23-2015, 05:27 AM

Quoted: 39 Post(s)
Liked: 25
Is Anthem Room Correction like Audyssey in the sense that you can go in and manually change speaker size, speaker levels, and crossover levels ? I am aware that with ARC one must manually enter speaker distance. Also, as far as speaker distances, would it be safe to enter the distances that were detrmined by a previous Audyssey neasurement? Or should one manually measure the distances? It seems Audyssey always adds a couple feet to the subwoofer distance.
post #3798 of 3809 Old 04-23-2015, 07:19 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jrhooper1963 View Post
Is Anthem Room Correction like Audyssey in the sense that you can go in and manually change speaker size, speaker levels, and crossover levels ? I am aware that with ARC one must manually enter speaker distance. Also, as far as speaker distances, would it be safe to enter the distances that were detrmined by a previous Audyssey neasurement? Or should one manually measure the distances? It seems Audyssey always adds a couple feet to the subwoofer distance.
Yes, you can manually adjust the speaker levels, crossover levers and if speakers play full range (speaker size). ARC does a great job in automatic mode and you should really start there though. You will need to manually measure all of speaker distances, set the phase and level of the subwoofer. Anthem also has the manual on their website too.
post #3799 of 3809 Old 04-23-2015, 07:46 AM

Quoted: 39 Post(s)
Liked: 25
Thank you for the information. I am currently torn between using the MRX 310 as a processor, since my system is and always will be 5.1, or going with the Marantz AV7702, which is a dedicated processor, that has the latest and greatest Audyssey on board.

Currently I have a Marantz AV7005 as a processor, which only has Audyssey Multi EQ XT on board.

I would appreciate any advice. Also, my external amplification is a Parasound Halo A52, which is 125 watts x 5 channels.
post #3800 of 3809 Old 04-23-2015, 08:12 AM

Quote:
Thank you for the information. I am currently torn between using the MRX 310 as a processor, since my system is and always will be 5.1, or going with the Marantz AV7702, which is a dedicated processor, that has the latest and greatest Audyssey on board.

Currently I have a Marantz AV7005 as a processor, which only has Audyssey Multi EQ XT on board.

I would appreciate any advice. Also, my external amplification is a Parasound Halo A52, which is 125 watts x 5 channels.
I was actually in a similar situation last fall. I was looking at a Marantz processor (don't remember which one) or an MRX 510. My dealer is awesome and allowed me to demo a MRX 510 at home and I was sold. In all fairness, the Marantz I was looking at didn't have Audyssey XT32, but I'm so impressed with ARC that I am saving for an Anthem processor.

Great amp! My setup is powered by a Parasound Halo A51 and I am using the MRX 510 second zone to power the outdoor speakers. So far so good and I am very happy with the setup!
post #3801 of 3809 Old 04-23-2015, 06:22 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Liked: 28
Quote:

Not really a fair comparison but I had an mrx500 which I sold so I could use my Marantz sr7007 with Audyssey XT. Within a couple of hours, I realized I made a mistake by selling the mrx500. My system is also a 5.1 rig.

The Marantz is good but I prefer my mrx500.

I'll be visiting my local dealer to get either an mrx510 or mrx310. I never used my mrx500 in a 7.1 system and doubt that I would add surround back speakers.

The list price difference between the 510 and 310 is $440 Canadian with is fairly significant.
post #3802 of 3809 Old 04-25-2015, 01:00 AM

Liked: 14
Anthem MRX Receivers - 310, 510, 710 Owners Thread & Tweaking Guide

If You stay at 5:1 i would go for 310 , its same sound as 510 only different is no hdmi input i at front and no 7:1 , sound And calibration same as 510

Last edited by tskalecki; 04-25-2015 at 02:26 AM.
post #3803 of 3809 Old 04-25-2015, 06:04 AM
AVS Special Member

I went to my local Anthem dealer and they sold the last 310 about an hour before I got there

I thought about getting the 510 but decided to wait for the 310.

My next decision is whether I should use my external 3-channel amp (an old Bryston 5bst) to power the LCR or would the amps in the 310 be better.
post #3804 of 3809 Old 04-25-2015, 07:03 AM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
hi

I have a mrx 310. It replaced an arcam av9 and two p35 amplifiers also from arcam. So it can be assumed to play in the league you mentioned. I use the mrx to drive 4 speaker all with a sensitivity of 89db and all 8 ohm so these are somewhat demanding. There is definitely not a big difference soundwise if any, I am fully satisfied with the sound quality of the mrx both with regard to music as well as movies.
post #3805 of 3809 Old 04-25-2015, 02:43 PM

Can anyone tell me if the mrx710 outputs any/all sound to the zone2 stereo out? Or just stereo inputs?

I want to hdmi out to a tv on the otherside of the wall and just use stereo zone2 out for sound. But wonder what sources /input will work like that?
post #3806 of 3809 Old Yesterday, 06:20 PM

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 113 Post(s)
Liked: 100
I am hoping that someone can help me out with what may be a windows setting issue.

Since day 1 using ARC, I cant get the entire Target box to show, See the circled and highlighted area where at least 3 buttons cant be seen.

Thanks in advance !!

Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Capture.PNG
Views:	23
Size:	177.2 KB
ID:	688065  
post #3807 of 3809 Old Yesterday, 07:15 PM
AVS Special Member

^^ Are you running Windows at the monitor's highest resolution?
post #3808 of 3809 Unread Today, 03:47 AM

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 113 Post(s)
Liked: 100
Quote:
Originally Posted by audit13 View Post
^^ Are you running Windows at the monitor's highest resolution?
Yes, Resolution changes havnt made any differences. It like a vertical scroll bar is missing?
post #3809 of 3809 Unread Today, 03:51 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by gbreda View Post
Yes, Resolution changes havnt made any differences. It like a vertical scroll bar is missing?
Strange. I'll be getting my 310 or 510 on Wednesday. Hopefully, I will get chance to play with arc and get more insight as to how the new software works.
Reply Receivers, Amps, and Processors

Tags
Anthem Mrx710 , Anthem Mrx510 , Anthem Mrx310
Gear in this thread - Mrx710 by PriceGrabber.com

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page