Anthem MRX Receivers - 310, 510, 710 Owners Thread & Tweaking Guide - Page 129 - AVS | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Baselworld is only a few weeks away. Getting the latest news is easy, Click Here for info on how to join the Watchuseek.com newsletter list. Follow our team for updates featuring event coverage, new product unveilings, watch industry news & more!

Forum Jump: 
post #3841 of 3851 Old 05-01-2015, 08:47 AM

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 139 Post(s)
Liked: 106
Quote:
Originally Posted by whodunnit View Post
Bwaahhaahhaa...It is my lifes goal to destroy all that you treasure in this world Gbreda. I will not stop until you are nothing but a quivering mass of psychosis unable to deal with all things Anthem

No need for a hard reset, just cycle up through the changing characters as you would if you were changing dimension/width settings. As I remember, only the left hand cursor will work at this stage. Once the display hits actual numbers...it will lock in, and both cursors will control the settings. You need do this for both center width and dimension. The panorama setting is not enabled in the MRX, so no need to go there. This will take a few minutes...there are lots of symbols to get through. For fun's sake, do it with music....things get seriously weird but it will all work in the end. Or the whole receiver will just explode, I can't remember which.

Regarding why not fixed...hell if I know. Maybe Anthem has a sense of humor.
Thanks man, I needed a good laugh. I noticed this morning that the Dolby Music sounded really weird. I will cycle through sometime this weekend and make sure to have some music plating at 110 db so the whole neighborhood can hear it too!!

Last edited by gbreda; 05-04-2015 at 06:59 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #3842 of 3851 Old 05-01-2015, 09:15 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 12 Post(s)
Liked: 14
Gbreda how to cycle the receiver to fix the dolby music, I have the MRX 710 also....thank. Abner
post #3843 of 3851 Old 05-01-2015, 09:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ilocos boy View Post
Gbreda how to cycle the receiver to fix the dolby music, I have the MRX 710 also....thank. Abner
Press the Mode button when music is playing while in Dolby Pro Logic Music mode. From what @whodunnit says, once you get to the numbers it will lock in. I am thinking that means it stays locked in but I haven't tried it yet.
post #3844 of 3851 Old 05-04-2015, 05:04 AM

Location: Wherever you go...well there you are. Currently I'm here, but soon I'll be someplace else. But rest assured I'll be there at the time, but I'll be gone before you know it.
Quoted: 57 Post(s)
Liked: 68
Quote:
Originally Posted by gbreda View Post
Thanks man, I needed a good laugh. I noticed this morning that the Dolby Music sounded really weird. I will cycle through sometime this weekend and make sure to have some music plating at 110 db so the whole neighborhood can hear it too!!

Its a good thing this sounds so good......
Hit the mode button while in dolby music and then use the cursor to cycle through, (can't remember which, only one cursor will work), for both width and dimension until you hit numbers...then it will lock in.

How'd it go Gbreda?

Last edited by whodunnit; Yesterday at 06:15 AM.
post #3845 of 3851 Unread 05-04-2015, 07:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by whodunnit View Post

Hit the mode button while in dolby music and then use the cursor to cycle through, (can't remember which, only one cursor will work), for both width and dimension until you hit numbers...then it will lock in.

How'd it go Gbreda?
It all went well....cycled through, listened to strange things coming from the speakers and then it finally hit the numbers to be locked in. Thanks for the tips
whodunnit likes this.

Last edited by gbreda; Yesterday at 03:55 AM.
post #3846 of 3851 Unread Yesterday, 06:11 AM

Location: Wherever you go...well there you are. Currently I'm here, but soon I'll be someplace else. But rest assured I'll be there at the time, but I'll be gone before you know it.
Quoted: 57 Post(s)
Liked: 68
Quote:
It all went well....cycled through, listened to strange things coming from the speakers and then it finally hit the numbers to be locked in. Thanks for the tips
Glad to help. I actually find the dolby music presentation with the Anthem is quite well done, though I tend leave the adjustments at their default setting. Better than my older Arcam for sure. One annoying thing with the Anthem....and possibly other HDMI units as well for all I know...unless you have your source configured for last used, when you manually switch songs it will convert to the programmed source configuration. No biggie, and probably not just an Anthem thing...but sort of a pain if you are running through specific selections on a cd. I don't have an HTPC hooked up, or streaming...but I can see how those sources might have to be set up for "last used" if they go into no signal mode between songs...or they would constantly switch back to some other chosen default mode. Nice to have all those programmable inputs to get around these things....
gbreda likes this.

Last edited by whodunnit; Yesterday at 06:16 AM.
post #3847 of 3851 Unread Today, 04:06 AM

Does anyone use either MiniDSP or any of the Antimode products along with ARC and either one or two subs? Any positive, negative or nuetral experiences would be appreciated.
post #3848 of 3851 Unread Today, 04:19 AM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 25 Post(s)
Liked: 19
Quote:
Does anyone use either MiniDSP or any of the Antimode products along with ARC and either one or two subs? Any positive, negative or nuetral experiences would be appreciated.

I did and realised that it would be so much better to use minidsp for all channels and scrap ARC, used a 10x10hd with my 510 before I scrapped the 510 and went with a pre/pro with balanced outputs

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
post #3849 of 3851 Unread Today, 06:52 AM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
How was it with the MRX 510 and the 10x10?

I have the MRX 710 + the nanoAVR HD.....I'm thinking of scrapping ARC.. but I am not sure if the nanoAVR would work better

Thanks.
post #3850 of 3851 Unread Today, 09:01 AM

Quoted: 43 Post(s)
Liked: 26
Quote:
I doubt it makes a lot of sense to combine other room correction devices with the automatic ARC. For multiple subs the phase setting should be doable without such tools and for the room modes the ARC should be sufficient. For multiple subwoofer setups there are some good reads to find on the internet, from Geddes or Mehlau for example.
A fully manual setup with a miniDSP has certainly more options to match a room correction and sound for personal preferences when compared to what Anthem ARC with it's sub/bass/treble settings is capable of. But it takes a lot of know-how and time to pull it off I suppose, also I doubt a typical ARC customer would be able to get a better result in the end. At times I miss the analog days when I had various presets on my EQ to "fix" certain recordings for my taste. But it doesn't make me wanna fiddle around with a 10x10HD...
I still have a life to live after all
post #3851 of 3851 Unread Today, 09:16 AM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 25 Post(s)
Liked: 19
It's not that difficult and has 4 presets to have different curves that can be changed at the turn of a wheel on the front or even remote control, it was a massive improvement for me using it with the 510 but the 510 had a buzzing noise from the preouts that seems wasn't just something I had a problem with so changed to a marantz pre/pro and it's much better

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Reply Receivers, Amps, and Processors

Tags
Anthem Mrx710 , Anthem Mrx510 , Anthem Mrx310
Gear in this thread - Mrx710 by PriceGrabber.com

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page