Anthem MRX Receivers - 310, 510, 710 Owners Thread & Tweaking Guide - Page 134 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Baselworld is only a few weeks away. Getting the latest news is easy, Click Here for info on how to join the Watchuseek.com newsletter list. Follow our team for updates featuring event coverage, new product unveilings, watch industry news & more!

Forum Jump: 
post #3991 of 3996 Unread 07-01-2015, 07:13 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked: 1
Has anyone had issues with pink screen using HDMI on a Mac? Any ideas how to troubleshoot?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #3992 of 3996 Unread 07-02-2015, 07:56 AM

Quoted: 11 Post(s)
Liked: 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by itguy61 View Post
Has anyone had issues with pink screen using HDMI on a Mac? Any ideas how to troubleshoot?
Sometimes if I am playing music and have the TV off, my Mac Mini will shut off the HDMI output and I will get a black or pink screen. Hitting the command key seems to be the quickest way to make the desktop come back up.
post #3993 of 3996 Unread Today, 08:06 AM

Quoted: 46 Post(s)
OK, I've run ARC.... now what do I do with it?
Why do the front speakers not show w/o bass management (Where is bass man. coming from?)
How do I know if the receiver is using a correction eq? Can I use/chose between more than one? Revert to none?
Thanks for any insight.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Anthem ARC.PNG
Views:	11
Size:	93.0 KB
ID:	811642  
post #3994 of 3996 Unread Today, 08:57 AM

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Quoted: 214 Post(s)
Liked: 246
Quote:
Originally Posted by smile View Post
OK, I've run ARC.... now what do I do with it?
Why do the front speakers not show w/o bass management (Where is bass man. coming from?)
How do I know if the receiver is using a correction eq? Can I use/chose between more than one? Revert to none?
Thanks for any insight.
If you look hard enough at the mains, the Bass Management is overlay-ed and almost exact with corrected and uncorrected. Great speaker placement as your response is pretty darn good without correction.

What speaker are you running as they have great low end extension with no sub.

Have your calculated and downloaded to the AVR, or was this Auto mode? I havent even tried auto mode so I dont know if that is all done automatically. The flexibility comes from Manual ARC and not Auto. If you ran Auto and saved the file, just use manual mode and open that same file.

Last edited by gbreda; Today at 09:00 AM.
post #3995 of 3996 Unread Today, 11:40 AM

Quoted: 46 Post(s)
Magico S5's.
Good to hear on the placement. It's a family room so my options are limited.
I ran the auto with 5 locations. It may have set eq in the receiver to match the recommended target curve.
How do I determine if that has happened?
Thx
post #3996 of 3996 Unread Today, 05:11 PM

Quoted: 5 Post(s)
Liked: 0
An aha moment. I think I am on to something. Nick and other knowledgeable members please opine.

As some of you might recall from my earlier posts, I have not been too impressed with ARC. I continue to prefer music without ARC. I thought ARC in some way took the air away from my music. The post correction curves looked perfect though from ARC. Therefore my frustration. In the hope of overcoming some of my 310s perceived limitations, I went ahead and got myself a Marantz 5 channel power amp - an MM9000 (150W x5). The mm9000 is in the chain now. I have used 4 channels to biamp (passive) my fronts. Using the fifth for the center. Surrounds are being driven by the Anthem. My impressions:

- I think the Anthem Amp on its own is pretty darn good. The quick measure curves with the mm9000 were worse than the ones I got with the 310s stock amps. I think this goes to show, atleast to some extent, that the Anthem's amps are more neutral and that Marantz indeed voices its amps to sound a certain way. With the Marantz in the chain, mids are smoother and more silky and the top end is slightly muted. The Anthem I think is more neutral though slightly too bright. So the first aha moment - amps do sound different. Even good ones from good companies.

- This time around I compared the quick measure results with the results that the ARC measure (I'll call this "full measure") takes during the full ARC process. I noticed a pretty significant difference between the two. And I tried to do an Apples to Apples here. I took the quick measure sweeps from the main position. I then took the Full Measure sweeps from the same main position - but only took one sweep so that Arc would not average the measurements across different positions. So in other words I compared one quick measure sweep with one full measure sweep from the same position. I was surprised to see that the quick measure sweep showed a rather less favorable reading than the full measure sweep. In fact I felt that the full measurement sweep that ARC uses for generating the correction curves does not capture the full resolution of the speakers' performance - which the quick measurement does. This, in my mind atleast, could explain why my actual results during listening did not reflect the almost perfect curves that ARC was showing me for my speakers. Aha moment number 2 - I think the measurement reading that ARC uses for generating the correction curves is in some way flawed and inferior to the real readings, which are represented by quick measure. Therefore the results during listening are less than perfect.

Cheers!
Reply Receivers, Amps, and Processors

Tags
Anthem Mrx710 , Anthem Mrx510 , Anthem Mrx310
Gear in this thread - Mrx710 by PriceGrabber.com