Anthem MRX Receivers - 310, 510, 710 Owners Thread & Tweaking Guide - Page 138 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Baselworld is only a few weeks away. Getting the latest news is easy, Click Here for info on how to join the Watchuseek.com newsletter list. Follow our team for updates featuring event coverage, new product unveilings, watch industry news & more!

Forum Jump: 
post #4111 of 4126 Old 08-12-2015, 03:51 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 5 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Oh no, maybe I should return my 510, as I just bought it.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4112 of 4126 Old 08-12-2015, 03:52 PM

I have a question, how does the DSP in the 510 compare to my AVM20?
post #4113 of 4126 Old 08-13-2015, 06:07 AM

Quoted: 51 Post(s)
Liked: 27
Quote:
Originally Posted by bmx269 View Post
... my 510, as I just bought it.
Quote:
..., how does the DSP in the 510 compare to my AVM20?
Since you have/had both units, why don't You tell us? AFAICR nobody shared any experience on this before.
(ps: instead of shotin multiple statements in a minute you can use the edit function)

Last edited by mazpri; 08-13-2015 at 09:09 AM. Reason: errata
post #4114 of 4126 Old 08-13-2015, 09:19 AM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 180 Post(s)
Liked: 98
Quote:
Oh no, maybe I should return my 510, as I just bought it.
Only if you want to go beyond 7 channels. That is, if you want to go to Atmos and DTS:X. My guess is that the 720 is going to be at least 50% more expensive than your 510, with probably no advantage for a 7-channel system.

post #4115 of 4126 Old 08-13-2015, 10:14 AM

Quoted: 51 Post(s)
Liked: 27
Quote:
Originally Posted by bkeeler10 View Post
Only if you want to go beyond 7 channels. ...
I wonder if there would be a at some point 5.0.2 or 5.1.2 setups preferred... just adding the *real* hight speakers to a 5ch system instead of the not so successfull front heights of the past...
post #4116 of 4126 Old 08-13-2015, 11:46 AM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 180 Post(s)
Liked: 98
Yes, good point, if you want a 5.1.2 system you could do that with the 720 but obviously not with the 510. OTOH, that's a very expensive way to do 5.1.2. There are currently receivers at about a third to a quarter of what the 720 will (presumably) cost that can do 5.1.2. No ARC though

post #4117 of 4126 Old 08-13-2015, 12:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bkeeler10 View Post
Only if you want to go beyond 7 channels. That is, if you want to go to Atmos and DTS:X. My guess is that the 720 is going to be at least 50% more expensive than your 510, with probably no advantage for a 7-channel system.
Ya you are right. I was just thinking "future" but really the 510 is a lot cheaper then the avm20 was.
post #4118 of 4126 Old 08-13-2015, 05:06 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 120 Post(s)
Liked: 453
Quote:
I have a question, how does the DSP in the 510 compare to my AVM20?
Quote:
Originally Posted by mazpri View Post
Since you have/had both units, why don't You tell us? AFAICR nobody shared any experience on this before.
(ps: instead of shotin multiple statements in a minute you can use the edit function)

As a current AVM20 owner (I still love this pre/pro), I'd like to know how it compares sonically to the MRX line.
post #4119 of 4126 Old 08-16-2015, 02:48 AM

Quoted: 18 Post(s)
Liked: 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by feistyacorn View Post
Sometimes if I am playing music and have the TV off, my Mac Mini will shut off the HDMI output and I will get a black or pink screen. Hitting the command key seems to be the quickest way to make the desktop come back up.
I have the same problem with 'pink screen / noise' when my Mac (using HDMI) changes resolution/refresh rate.

The refresh rate change is crucial when using Kodi on my Mac HTPC, so input refresh rate matches output refresh rate (ie. 1080p@24 in and out).

Often, a resolution change leads to video only displaying noise but audio working in background.

I bought a new, rather expensive, HDMI cable yesterday just to be sure that the cable is not the problem.

I have contacted Anthem support, but haven't heard back yet.
feistyacorn likes this.

/Martin
post #4120 of 4126 Old 08-18-2015, 07:51 AM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 33 Post(s)
Liked: 38
Quick question, figured this is the best place to ask. Do the Anthem receivers have a no touch passthrough or game mode on their HDMI outputs? I do a lot of gaming and dont want any extra latency added to the hdmi stream.
post #4121 of 4126 Old Yesterday, 08:14 AM

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 0
I would raise a question to Nick and, in general, to the MRX owners that also use as Blu-Ray Player a Sony BDP-S7200 or similar (e.g. BDP-S6200).
It seems that my Sony BDP-S7200 player coupled with my MRX-510 Receiver is not able to playback SACDs!!!
With all other discs (DVD, CD, BD) no problems.

I know that MRX receiver does not accept direct DSD stream, so I forced at player level the conversion to PCM.
When the playback starts the MRX display shows: "Multi PCM 3/2", but no sound is generated and on the TV display appears the message (from BD player): "No sound will be output to a device connected via HDMI".

Is there someone that has this pair of devices and listen to SACDs and can confirm that the combination works and in case can post his settings? In particular, as far as you know, is there any setting at receiver level that could affect the SACD playback?
Both devices are updated at the latest firmware release, I'have changed HDMI Cable, Receiver HDMI inputs and checked (I guess) all possible settings at BD Player level but there is no way to make it work

Before the BDP-S7200 I had a Pioneer BDP-450 and there was no problem, so I'm quite sure that the issue is from the BD Player side but I have already asked in the Sony thread and no one owns this combination of devices and can check so you are my last resort
At the end, at least I would like being confirmed that my BD player is defective in order to ask replacement with some chance of success.
Thank you in advance
Luca
post #4122 of 4126 Old Yesterday, 09:43 AM

Quoted: 102 Post(s)
Liked: 72
Quote:
Originally Posted by gigantino View Post
I would raise a question to Nick and, in general, to the MRX owners that also use as Blu-Ray Player a Sony BDP-S7200 or similar (e.g. BDP-S6200).
It seems that my Sony BDP-S7200 player coupled with my MRX-510 Receiver is not able to playback SACDs!!!
With all other discs (DVD, CD, BD) no problems.

I know that MRX receiver does not accept direct DSD stream, so I forced at player level the conversion to PCM.
When the playback starts the MRX display shows: "Multi PCM 3/2", but no sound is generated and on the TV display appears the message (from BD player): "No sound will be output to a device connected via HDMI".

Is there someone that has this pair of devices and listen to SACDs and can confirm that the combination works and in case can post his settings? In particular, as far as you know, is there any setting at receiver level that could affect the SACD playback?
Both devices are updated at the latest firmware release, I'have changed HDMI Cable, Receiver HDMI inputs and checked (I guess) all possible settings at BD Player level but there is no way to make it work

Before the BDP-S7200 I had a Pioneer BDP-450 and there was no problem, so I'm quite sure that the issue is from the BD Player side but I have already asked in the Sony thread and no one owns this combination of devices and can check so you are my last resort
At the end, at least I would like being confirmed that my BD player is defective in order to ask replacement with some chance of success.
Thank you in advance
Luca

I know in my Sony player I have to go in the player settings and choose SACD, otherwise they won't play. Likewise if it's on SACD regular CDs won't play.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

PSN ID: javant86
Xbox Live: PikturePerfekt
post #4123 of 4126 Old Yesterday, 10:13 AM

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 17
New ARC-2 software released on Anthem site.
Maybe time to get woop wooping again!

ARC-2 Software v1.1.3512
post #4124 of 4126 Old Yesterday, 04:59 PM

Quoted: 10 Post(s)
Liked: 2
[QUOTE=Nick @ Anthem;36183922]I'm not sure what you're saying - is it that speaker levels ARC loaded to MRX were different using the same ARC file and ARC software? What did you see that led to your conclusions and which channels are you referring to?

MRX doesn't decide anything about level calibration or room gain, which isn't even a separate parameter. ARC always includes room gain level in sub level. There's no other way to deal with it because the entire sub range is within room gain range.

Hi Nick,
all good now with the new ARC version.
Morale here.. 1.2.9 don't get along well with the 1.1.2882.

I'll run a full re calibration this coming weekend and I'll report back
Thanks again for supporting us.
post #4125 of 4126 Unread Today, 06:41 PM

Quoted: 16 Post(s)
Liked: 20
I may be wrong but I think the wrong firmware is up on the support site. It says 1.2.9, and when I download it the instructions are for 1.2.9, but the firmware is dated april 29. That doesn't seem right? When I try to install it, I get a message stating there is no firmware to install. I am at 1.2.6, is it possible that is what's in these new files and my 510 detects it ain't an upgrade?
post #4126 of 4126 Unread Today, 07:17 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 126 Post(s)
Liked: 99
^ Is the extracted (unzipped) .fw file in the USB stick's root directory? Does the stick have LED indication showing that it is communicating when plugged in? If yes to both please contact tech support. Installation can also be initiated by holding the front panel Select button for several seconds after the stick is found.

The most important noise floor is in your head. Always remember to protect your hearing.
Reply Receivers, Amps, and Processors

Tags
Anthem Mrx710 , Anthem Mrx510 , Anthem Mrx310
Gear in this thread - Mrx710 by PriceGrabber.com

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page