Anthem MRX Receivers - 310, 510, 710 Owners Thread & Tweaking Guide - Page 148 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Baselworld is only a few weeks away. Getting the latest news is easy, Click Here for info on how to join the Watchuseek.com newsletter list. Follow our team for updates featuring event coverage, new product unveilings, watch industry news & more!

Forum Jump: 
 293Likes

post #4411 of 4681 Old 12-18-2015, 05:22 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 96 Post(s)
Liked: 36
Quote:
Originally Posted by OldZorki View Post
Thank you very much for a promt reply. This is absolutely awesome, I am sold on next gen Athems!
or you use the Zone2 in addition for such input settings - given you have an extra pair of speakers u can use for that, Zone2 can't use HDMI sources however.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4412 of 4681 Old 12-22-2015, 07:31 AM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked: 11
Quote:
I asked the question in different thread, but I realized later that this will be more appropriate.

I read manual of MRX x10 models, and apparently you can add "inputs configurations". So the question is - can several inputs have the same "video input", but different audio "input". If you can setup unlimied number of inputs with different configurations it will be abslutely awesome. Is it possible? It is not clear from the manual.

I watch quite a bit of sports, but hate commentary and listen to music instead. So this option will be very important for me, as I am moving my integrated with HT bypass from main room and will use regular amps.
Yes, each individual input will allow you to select the audio and video that it uses. I use that all the time watching sport or gaming and just play records. Works like a champ.

I used to run with the Dolby Volume on but for whatever reason it doesn't seem to work well with the input from my verizon fios box. I get weird loudbursts during programs , kind of like a vocal for a character will just get LOUD for their lines then back to normal. Really strange. Turning it off resolved the problem. bug? Incompatibility with Verizon? IDK
post #4413 of 4681 Old 12-22-2015, 10:45 AM

Quoted: 20 Post(s)
Liked: 15
Quote:
Originally Posted by upinsmoke View Post
Yes, each individual input will allow you to select the audio and video that it uses. I use that all the time watching sport or gaming and just play records. Works like a champ. IDK

so if i have Satellite TV via HMDI for both sound and video and my turntable as an analogue input, how do i watch the satellite and listen to the turntable simulataneously

Panasonic 60PU54
Anthem MRX510
Oppo 103
SVS Prime Towers, Prime Centre, SB-2000 sub
Shaw HDPVR-630
Thorens TD160, Pioneer PL-512, PS3
post #4414 of 4681 Old 12-22-2015, 11:15 AM

Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by bcugk View Post
so if i have Satellite TV via HMDI for both sound and video and my turntable as an analogue input, how do i watch the satellite and listen to the turntable simulataneously
So if you were using input 1 , which you relabeled to Sat, you can select your video and audio inputs for input one. So input 1 would have whatever hdmi input your sat is plugged in set for both video and audio. Your analogue input, lets say input 2 relabeled to Phono, would have your hdmi sat input set to video and your audio to analogue 1 (or whatever one you have it plugged into).

It's easy, trust me.
post #4415 of 4681 Old 12-22-2015, 11:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by upinsmoke View Post
So if you were using input 1 , which you relabeled to Sat, you can select your video and audio inputs for input one. So input 1 would have whatever hdmi input your sat is plugged in set for both video and audio. Your analogue input, lets say input 2 relabeled to Phono, would have your hdmi sat input set to video and your audio to analogue 1 (or whatever one you have it plugged into).

It's easy, trust me.
sounds easy, i plan to setup the MRX on Christmas Eve.

Thanks,

Panasonic 60PU54
Anthem MRX510
Oppo 103
Shaw HDPVR-630
post #4416 of 4681 Old 12-22-2015, 12:19 PM

It's easy, trust me

Sorry for all the questions, i think i just got it.
These inputs are "soft" inputs vs hard based on the physical connections?

In other words i could setup multiple configurations for my PS3, one called "cd" where i could hear the PS3 CD audio over its HDMI and watch Satellite over its HDMi, and a second configuration called "Blu-rays/DVDs" set as HDMI for both.

Thanks so much.

Panasonic 60PU54
Anthem MRX510
Oppo 103
Shaw HDPVR-630
post #4417 of 4681 Old 12-22-2015, 01:13 PM

Quoted: 71 Post(s)
Liked: 37
Yes those are "soft inputs", and you can select one "hard" video and one "hard" audio input for each "soft" input. There are no limitations on the combinations, except for the fixed number of "hard" inputs, and the 20 (?) max of "soft" inputs. (On a sidenote you can't directly use "hard" inputs, you have to add them to a "soft" one.)

2-channel is just multichannel done badly. - Frank Derks
post #4418 of 4681 Old 12-23-2015, 08:37 AM

Quoted: 37 Post(s)
Liked: 23
Quote:
Originally Posted by Barnahadnagy View Post
Yes those are "soft inputs", and you can select one "hard" video and one "hard" audio input for each "soft" input. There are no limitations on the combinations, except for the fixed number of "hard" inputs, and the 20 (?) max of "soft" inputs. (On a sidenote you can't directly use "hard" inputs, you have to add them to a "soft" one.)
I think it is just one fantastic feature. As I understood, you can have different "soft" combinations with the same set of hard inputs, but different processing settings.
Just awesome. can't wait for AVM 60 manual to come out to confrom that they retain this gem.
post #4419 of 4681 Old 12-23-2015, 01:42 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 10
I just got a MRX 710 and have a few questions.

1st i can't get my Amazon fire TV to work. When i chose the input that it's connected to i see nothing on the TV and it says no signal on the MRX screen. If I pug directly on the TV it works so the fire TV is ok. If I connect to another input on the MRX that works with my PS4 it still doesn't work. Is this a setting issues?

2nd is there another way beside the remote to do setups. I want to rename the inputs but it's a pain to do with a remote. I have the app but doesn't seem to allow typing from the phone. I tried putting the IP address in a web-browser in hopes that I could connect that way but it doesn't seem to work.

Last edited by freeon; 12-23-2015 at 02:51 PM.
post #4420 of 4681 Old 01-04-2016, 05:47 AM

Just my .02 about my new MRX510

The 2 channel sound (PCM 2.0 with Anthemlogicmusic) is so good that i now choose 2 channel PCM on my blu-ray concert discs.

i prefer the 2 channel sound (mainly the bass integration) over the 5 channel sound.

SQ is spectacular!
Tedd likes this.

Panasonic 60PU54
Anthem MRX510
Oppo 103
Shaw HDPVR-630
post #4421 of 4681 Old 01-05-2016, 06:10 PM

Quoted: 26 Post(s)
Liked: 17
Ok, curious if anyone has experience with this issue and warranty service with Anthem. My 510 just suddenly shut down the other day while listening to music. I had it add moderate volume (-40db, ARC off 2ch only) driving my Klipsch RF82iis. The 510 would not come back on. The 510 was cool to the touch on top. When I tried to power up, I see the blue display that says powering on for a split second, and then it shuts down again.

My dealer, Starpower in Dallas, has shipped my 510 back to Anthem for repair.

Has anyone encountered this before? How long did Anthem take to resolve the issue and is the standard practice to repair the unit or tell the dealer to replace it? Thanks!
post #4422 of 4681 Old 01-08-2016, 07:41 PM

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by bcugk View Post
How are the MRX units for reliability?

i can get a MRX-510 factory refurb unit for 30% off, but the warranty is only one year.

Thanks

I'd look at haggling on a new one before buying a refurb. The new MRX models are hitting showrooms and dealers will probably be looking to clear the 310/510/710. I just negotiated 22% off a new 510 in Canada- pretty sweet IMO, considering the Canadian dollar has tanked 30% in the last year.

Last edited by kfox203; 01-08-2016 at 08:26 PM.
post #4423 of 4681 Old 01-09-2016, 08:16 AM

Quoted: 9 Post(s)
Liked: 12
Search this thread help needed. The posts are well over 4000 on the topic and I could use a suggestion or two on keywords to use to find the posts to do with ideal amplifier(s) set-ups for a 7.1 configuration. Specifically; should I get one big (225 Watts per) 7 channel amp or a two amps. One being a 5 channel amp and the other, a two channel amp. Usage= 50/50 movies/music. Thanks in advance for anyone's help!
post #4424 of 4681 Old 01-09-2016, 10:16 PM

Quoted: 81 Post(s)
Liked: 65
Hey guys,

I have an MRX510 that I was hoping to calibrate using ARC but when I tried to run the ARC software, it detects the receiver but it then proceeds to say that it failed to connect! The message comes from Microsoft.NET Framework which gives the error, "Failed to connect to the target device at '192.168.1.3:14999"

What gives?

I am using Direct Connect right now because the LAN connection doesn't seem to work either... any help?
post #4425 of 4681 Old 01-11-2016, 03:08 PM

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
I bought my first HT setup nearly 15 years ago- a Denon AVR 3300, Paradigm Studio 100's v2 fronts, Studio 20's rear, Studio CC center and Servo 15 sub. Totally awed, I was in aural heaven (my apartment neighbours not so much)
I moved 8 years later, coincidentally at the same time that my Denon quit on me. I moved into new place with a Cambridge Audio 640R and ever since I've been unhappy with sound quality; I blamed the acoustics of my new digs.
Fast forward to 2 days ago when I first hooked up new mrx510 to replace my dead 640R. WOOO-HOOO! My Studios have never sounded better!! One of the few times in my life when a product has lived up to immense hype and delivered more- in spades! THANK YOU, ANTHEM!

Last edited by kfox203; 01-11-2016 at 04:51 PM.
post #4426 of 4681 Old 01-11-2016, 05:07 PM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 17 Post(s)
Liked: 47
Quote:
Originally Posted by jboileau View Post
I may be wrong but I think the wrong firmware is up on the support site. It says 1.2.9, and when I download it the instructions are for 1.2.9, but the firmware is dated april 29. That doesn't seem right? When I try to install it, I get a message stating there is no firmware to install. I am at 1.2.6, is it possible that is what's in these new files and my 510 detects it ain't an upgrade?
Im having the same issue.
Anyone try to download recently the latest FW ( MRX310_EU_MP_20150429.fw) and cannot upgrade from 1.2.6

I did a load factory defaults , unplug ethernet cable, follow the Text instructions, various USB pens etc etc and no success installing the 1.2.9

Anthem MRX310 | XTZ 93.23 DIY + 93.21 DIY | Ken Kreisel DXD808 | Oppo 103D | HC5 | OLED 55EC930V | MED1000X3D

Portuguese Blog & Forum Discussion about Audio & Video
Visit our Blog & Forum CinemaHIFI.PT
Like cinemahifi on Facebook
post #4427 of 4681 Old 01-11-2016, 07:07 PM

Liked: 0
I must be losing it, but I can't find where I plug my sub into the MRX 510... Any help?
post #4428 of 4681 Old 01-11-2016, 07:24 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 719 Post(s)
Liked: 428
Quote:
Originally Posted by Minifab View Post
I must be losing it, but I can't find where I plug my sub into the MRX 510... Any help?
It's in there with all the other PRE-OUTS.

Anthem MRX-300-Outlaw Audio M2200
Rythmik F12 subs
Paradigm Signature S6,C1,S1
Harman Kardon DMC1000 (music)
Assassin HTPC (movies)
post #4429 of 4681 Old 01-11-2016, 10:24 PM

Quoted: 12 Post(s)
Liked: 6
Quote:
I think it is just one fantastic feature. As I understood, you can have different "soft" combinations with the same set of hard inputs, but different processing settings.
Just awesome. can't wait for AVM 60 manual to come out to confrom that they retain this gem.
The AVM60 along with the new MRX series retains the 'soft' or 'virtual' input configurations, however the total number of possible inputs has been increased from 20 to 30 and the number of possible speaker profiles has been increased from 2 to 4. This is so that if someone wants to have 2-channel digital, 2-channel stereo, 5/7.1 surround, and Atmos all on the same system they will be able to have profiles for each.

Quote:
Originally Posted by freeon View Post
I just got a MRX 710 and have a few questions.

1st i can't get my Amazon fire TV to work. When i chose the input that it's connected to i see nothing on the TV and it says no signal on the MRX screen. If I pug directly on the TV it works so the fire TV is ok. If I connect to another input on the MRX that works with my PS4 it still doesn't work. Is this a setting issues?

2nd is there another way beside the remote to do setups. I want to rename the inputs but it's a pain to do with a remote. I have the app but doesn't seem to allow typing from the phone. I tried putting the IP address in a web-browser in hopes that I could connect that way but it doesn't seem to work.
1) I would contact Anthem support, they'll know if this problem has previously been experienced and if there is a work around or setting required.

2) Unfortunately there is no way to rename the inputs other than the remote.

Quote:
Originally Posted by schweich12 View Post
Ok, curious if anyone has experience with this issue and warranty service with Anthem. My 510 just suddenly shut down the other day while listening to music. I had it add moderate volume (-40db, ARC off 2ch only) driving my Klipsch RF82iis. The 510 would not come back on. The 510 was cool to the touch on top. When I tried to power up, I see the blue display that says powering on for a split second, and then it shuts down again.

Has anyone encountered this before? How long did Anthem take to resolve the issue and is the standard practice to repair the unit or tell the dealer to replace it? Thanks!
Sorry to hear you had an issue. For receivers/pre-pros once it is back at the factory it will usually be turned around within a week at the longest. Total time will depend on when it arrives at our Buffalo shipping center as there is a single consolidated shipment back to the factory from there once a week. After the repair is finished it will be shipped directly to your dealer.

Quote:
Originally Posted by freesole View Post
Hey guys,

I have an MRX510 that I was hoping to calibrate using ARC but when I tried to run the ARC software, it detects the receiver but it then proceeds to say that it failed to connect! The message comes from Microsoft.NET Framework which gives the error, "Failed to connect to the target device at '192.168.1.3:14999"

What gives?

I am using Direct Connect right now because the LAN connection doesn't seem to work either... any help?
I would contact Anthem support. Just off the top of my head the IP address strikes me as a little low. Is the Anthem, your PC, and the router the only thing on the network?

Make sure that the unit is set to auto for network settings. If it is set to a static IP then make sure it is outside the DHCP range. If the IP is static and set that low then likely another device already has that IP address so ARC is attempting to connect to it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by canton160 View Post
Im having the same issue.
Anyone try to download recently the latest FW ( MRX310_EU_MP_20150429.fw) and cannot upgrade from 1.2.6

I did a load factory defaults , unplug ethernet cable, follow the Text instructions, various USB pens etc etc and no success installing the 1.2.9
Contact tech support and get them to send you the 240V firmware directly. Maybe try downloading it again as it seems like there may be an issue with the file. Tech support will help you through it.

Last edited by John @ Paradigm; 01-12-2016 at 08:26 AM.
post #4430 of 4681 Old 01-12-2016, 01:49 AM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 17 Post(s)
Liked: 47
Quote:
Originally Posted by John @ Paradigm View Post
Contact tech support and get them to send you the 240V firmware directly. Maybe try downloading it again as it seems like there may be an issue with the file. Tech support will help you through it.
Thanks John
I manage to fix the issue.
It seems now the Anthem doesn't like the way the El capitan Mac OS X Disk Utility format in MS-DOS (FAT)

I used Windows 8 to format the USB pen and is installing the 1.2.9

Anthem MRX310 | XTZ 93.23 DIY + 93.21 DIY | Ken Kreisel DXD808 | Oppo 103D | HC5 | OLED 55EC930V | MED1000X3D

Portuguese Blog & Forum Discussion about Audio & Video
Visit our Blog & Forum CinemaHIFI.PT
Like cinemahifi on Facebook
post #4431 of 4681 Old 01-12-2016, 03:38 AM

Quoted: 96 Post(s)
Liked: 36
every speaker is different so is you

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toolman93422 View Post
Search this thread help needed. The posts are well over 4000 on the topic and I could use a suggestion or two on keywords to use to find the posts to do with ideal amplifier(s) set-ups for a 7.1 configuration. Specifically; should I get one big (225 Watts per) 7 channel amp or a two amps. One being a 5 channel amp and the other, a two channel amp. Usage= 50/50 movies/music. Thanks in advance for anyone's help!
dont try to search in this thread for an answer, there is non here.
The integrated amp section is very good, you can use it for any number of speakers that the overall power seems appropriate for in relation to the max sound pressure e.g. volume level you want to achieve. The additional amps option is just up to your needs really and depends on your speakers. Better ask in forums that are about your speakers in case you don't know what to look for. Most audiophiles would rather go for a number of mono or 2ch amps in addition to power a stereo set separately, but its really up to you and what you think your speaker setup needs to shine...

Last edited by mazpri; 01-12-2016 at 05:26 AM.
post #4432 of 4681 Old 01-12-2016, 09:27 PM

Liked: 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by grasshoppers View Post
It's in there with all the other PRE-OUTS.
Thank you!
post #4433 of 4681 Old 01-13-2016, 02:12 PM

Quoted: 9 Post(s)
Liked: 12
Quote:
Originally Posted by mazpri View Post
dont try to search in this thread for an answer, there is non here.
Thanks for the heads-up Mazpri!! I have an MRX 310 that I'm very happy with but I could use a little more horse power if ya know what I'm-a-sayin.. After all, with a name like mine, Tim Allen, gotta have MORE POWER!! Rrrr Rrrr Rrrrr.. Grunt grunt..
post #4434 of 4681 Old 01-13-2016, 07:01 PM

Quoted: 12 Post(s)
Liked: 18
Quote:
Originally Posted by schweich12 View Post

During my first year of ownership, I had to send my 510 unit in twice for repair. One was for an intermittent HDMI audio handshaking problem that was labeled as "could not repeat," the other was for buzzing from the pre-amp outs when a power amp was connected (not ground loop related....tried other receiver pre-amp outputs & never had a problem with noise). The first attempt took a little over three months and the second attempt took less than two months.

Although my dealer has a full service center, they are not allowed to work on Anthem units. Evidently, it is Anthem's policy to deal with repairs directly. Anthem made it right in the end, so I am happy. I'd recommend following up with your dealer periodically, and if they are not able to, talk to Anthem directly if needed. Results may vary due to shipping times, their repair backlog, etc.

During that time, I used my backup NAD T758 and tried out a Yamaha RX-A850 receiver to see how they compare. In the end, YPAO felt so primitive & the NAD unit couldn't hold a candle to Anthem's ARC software. I'm sticking with the Anthem unit for hopefully many more years. I don't plan to go 4k or Atmos in the near future anyways.

Last edited by Speaker Robert; 01-13-2016 at 07:06 PM.
post #4435 of 4681 Old 01-14-2016, 12:38 AM

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Quoted: 31 Post(s)
Liked: 18
@ Speaker Robert

Did Anthem fix your pre-out noise? I have same and again it is not ground loop.
post #4436 of 4681 Old 01-15-2016, 12:21 AM

Quoted: 5 Post(s)
Really like the positive reviews on the Anthem Mrx series. Most important to me being in the actual sound department. Could someone tell me choosing between the Anthem 310 and Marantz 7008, what you would Recommend for the same price? I know there both excellent avr recievers.
I'm running an svs prime 5.1 setup with pb 12 nsd sub. in a medium - large room so power could play an important factor.

Thanks!

Last edited by branman; 01-15-2016 at 10:44 PM.
post #4437 of 4681 Old 01-15-2016, 02:14 AM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 211 Post(s)
Liked: 142
Quote:
Originally Posted by branman View Post
Really like the positive reviews on the Anthem Mrx series. Most important to me being in the actual sound department. Could someone tell me choosing between the Anthem 310 and Marantz 2008, what you would Recommend for the same price? I know there both excellent avr recievers.
I'm running an svs prime 5.1 setup with pb 12 nsd sub. in a medium - large room so power could play an important factor.

Thanks!

Is that a Marantz 7008 your talking about?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

SAMSUNG UN607150- OPPO BDP 103D- PSA MT-110 L/R -PHANTOM CENTER -ENERGY RC-10 SURROUNDS -PSA S3000i - MARANTZ SR7008 -APPLE TV -MONSTER POWER HTS2600MK -DIRECTV GENIE -HARMONY ELITE

BASEMENT SETUP- SAMSUNG UN466500- ENERGY 50'S L/R- ENERGY RC LCR- 2X SVS SB12 NSD- DENON-AVR-3311CI- PS3 -APPLETV- MINI GENIE
post #4438 of 4681 Old 01-15-2016, 03:13 AM

Quoted: 5 Post(s)
Yes ! sorry my bad
post #4439 of 4681 Old 01-15-2016, 08:52 AM

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 75 Post(s)
Liked: 21
Having a weird issue with my 710. Twice in the past week when I turned all my stuff on the picture on my TV was purple? I thought it might be my TV but when I turned the 710 off then on again the picture was fine. And now last night the info panel was looking like this? See picture. It's purple and it says no signal when as you can see there is a picture? anyone else had this issue? Something to be concerned about?
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	100.jpg
Views:	93
Size:	237.7 KB
ID:	1185874  
post #4440 of 4681 Old 01-15-2016, 09:14 AM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 25 Post(s)
Liked: 25
Quote:
Originally Posted by maestreaux View Post
Having a weird issue with my 710. Twice in the past week when I turned all my stuff on the picture on my TV was purple? I thought it might be my TV but when I turned the 710 off then on again the picture was fine. And now last night the info panel was looking like this? See picture. It's purple and it says no signal when as you can see there is a picture? anyone else had this issue? Something to be concerned about?
That is usually a colour space mismatch.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply Receivers, Amps, and Processors

Tags
Anthem Mrx710 , Anthem Mrx510 , Anthem Mrx310

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page