Anthem MRX Receivers - 310, 510, 710 Owners Thread & Tweaking Guide - Page 150 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Baselworld is only a few weeks away. Getting the latest news is easy, Click Here for info on how to join the Watchuseek.com newsletter list. Follow our team for updates featuring event coverage, new product unveilings, watch industry news & more!

Forum Jump: 
 274Likes

post #4471 of 4480 Old 02-04-2016, 10:30 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 14 Post(s)
Liked: 5
Quote:
Originally Posted by mazpri View Post
As your old speakers have proven, it is not an issue with the amplifier, it is just different speaker tech that needs more power to achieve same sound pressure levels. You should have read the efficiency rating of your speakers as part of the decision making. A good multi amp has for this case the option to set different gain on every amp out so you can match different speakers levels. ARC does it for you, don't forget to recalibrate...
Got it, thanks! I'll recalibrate as well to see if that makes any difference - it should. I've just been having issues with losing connection while doing the calibration so I haven't gotten around to it.

I was almost wondering if I should look into getting an Anthem Amplifier as well but given that I am only driving 2 towers and a center, I didn't think I would need to.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4472 of 4480 Old Yesterday, 02:14 PM

Quoted: 13 Post(s)
Liked: 0
Hi, new owner of MRX 510. I have successfully run ARC. I have a 5.1 set up. I am unable to access the listening modes, either on the fly or in the settings. I am running release 1.2.6; Main Micro Version 1.2.6; DSP version 0.2.7; HDMI version 0.2.1. I have reset the on-the-fly adjustments and loaded the factory defaults. I did not perform a Master Reset. Any suggestions of what to try would be appreciated.
post #4473 of 4480 Old Yesterday, 02:21 PM

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Quoted: 18 Post(s)
Liked: 13
Quote:
Originally Posted by ruscampbell View Post
Hi, new owner of MRX 510. I have successfully run ARC. I have a 5.1 set up. I am unable to access the listening modes, either on the fly or in the settings. I am running release 1.2.6; Main Micro Version 1.2.6; DSP version 0.2.7; HDMI version 0.2.1. I have reset the on-the-fly adjustments and loaded the factory defaults. I did not perform a Master Reset. Any suggestions of what to try would be appreciated.
You can only access the listening modes if the source is 2.0

If the source is Dolby or above listening modes are disabled.
post #4474 of 4480 Old Yesterday, 02:26 PM

Quoted: 13 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisGTL View Post
You can only access the listening modes if the source is 2.0

If the source is Dolby or above listening modes are disabled.
Thanks for the quick response. I will hook up my SACD player and check it out.
post #4475 of 4480 Old Yesterday, 02:45 PM

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Quoted: 18 Post(s)
Liked: 13
Quote:
Originally Posted by ruscampbell View Post
Thanks for the quick response. I will hook up my SACD player and check it out.
No worries.

Let us know how you get on.
post #4476 of 4480 Old Today, 10:32 AM

Quoted: 7 Post(s)
Liked: 11
I just upgraded my speakers to the SVS Ultra Series and am now thinking of also upgrading my Onkyo TX-NR737 to the Anthem MRX 510. With the release of the new 520, would it make since if I could get the 510 for $500 less to jump at it or are the features on the 520 must haves for future proofing my system.

Currently I have:

SVS Ultra Series Speakers (5.1)
HSU STF-3 Subwoofer
OPPO 980 DVD
HDTV Cable Box
HTPC
PS3
Panasonic Plasma S-60
post #4477 of 4480 Old Today, 10:35 AM

Mrx 520

I just upgraded my speakers to the SVS Ultra Series and am now thinking of also upgrading my Onkyo TX-NR737 to the Anthem MRX 510. With the release of the new 520, would it make since if I could get the 510 for $500 less to jump at it or are the features on the 520 must haves for future proofing my system.

Currently I have:

SVS Ultra Series Speakers (5.1)
HSU STF-3 Subwoofer
OPPO 980 DVD
HDTV Cable Box
HTPC
PS3
Panasonic Plasma S-60
post #4478 of 4480 Old Today, 01:38 PM

Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by FlynP5 View Post

I'm trying to make almost the same decision. I also just upgraded my 5.1 speaker setup to the SVS Ultra series. I'm trying to choose between the the MRX 710 and the MRX 720.
I want 7 channels so I can try using the two discreet channels that the ultra surrounds support. Between the MRX 710 and the MRX 720 the main difference is the hdmi 2.0a and hdcp 2.2 support. This allows for 4k@60Hz vs the 4k@30Hz that the MRX 710 supports.

Also the 710 uses a toroidal transformer which is supposedly "better" for sound reproduction at louder volumes.
710 is also supports bi-amping left and right channels which the 720 does not support.

For you keep in mind that the 510 is a 7.1 channel av receiver. The 520 is a 5.1 channel av receiver. The 510 also has the older hdmi and hdcp spec. So it won't support the 4k@60 Hz, if that matters to you.

For me it's coming down to a question of how long I'll keep my receiver this time around before upgrading my tv to a 4k one that would benefit from the latest hdmi 2.0a spec. I have the 5020fd pioneer kuro.
My current receiver is a Sony STR-DA777ES and is turning 16 years old soon. She's done good by me but it's time to say goodbye.
I'm leaning towards the 710 at the moment.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
post #4479 of 4480 Old Today, 02:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pedroalonso View Post

For you keep in mind that the 510 is a 7.1 channel av receiver. The 520 is a 5.1 channel av receiver. The 510 also has the older hdmi and hdcp spec. So it won't support the 4k@60 Hz, if that matters to you.
Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
The 7.1 channel setup in my case doesn't matter. I had to phone SVS for a missing part and got talking to the technician and he said if you listen to music it is better to setup the Ultra's as 5.1 (Dipole Mode).

I will have to read up on "4k@60 Hz", right now I'm loving the Plasma but I know OLED is coming down in price. At the very least I could keep the 510 for a couple years and then sell it.
post #4480 of 4480 Old Today, 11:37 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by dring View Post
Regarding the lockup when receiving DD+, for me that happens only when the listening mode is set to (or switched to) DTS Neo:6. I can get the audio back by using the main menu system to change the listening mode preset for the particular source to anything other than Neo:6 or "Last Used".
Old reply (original message 02-23-2015, 09:03 AM) but thanks for this tip, it fixed the issue for me (with Chromecast). Kind of wierd that this bug is still on the current amp firmware...
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply Receivers, Amps, and Processors

Tags
Anthem Mrx710 , Anthem Mrx510 , Anthem Mrx310