Anthem MRX Receivers - 310, 510, 710 Owners Thread & Tweaking Guide - Page 161 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews

Forum Jump: 
 300Likes

post #4801 of 4812 Old 12-02-2016, 04:11 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 72 Post(s)
Liked: 23
Quote:
Originally Posted by lalrenjith View Post

Thanks a lot ebr9999 for your reply . So if the level comes above 0dB it is not an issue?
I have set my PB2000 gain level to 2 o clock position and crossover to LFE, still subwoofer level in AVR is +1dB.
In case if I keep the gain level in subwoofer to 12 o clock position will the subwoofer level in AVR will go above +1dB?
What is the volume level or gain you used for SB2000?

I always did automatic room calibration and there is no option to increase the room gain target I guess in auto calibration. Do I miss anything?
I have used 12 o'clock. The level I see in targets (which is the one is sent to the MRX) is -4dB (in the print out I have -7dB). In another measurement I have taken with the sub more at the center of the wall (1/2 a feet of difference), the sub is -1.5 and in the print out I have -6dB. I understand that the print out value indicates the correction MRX would have to output for having 0 room gain. Basically moving the sub to corner my room gain has increased by 1dB. Note this value depends on your room and your sub level.

Anyhow sub level can be set (by ARC) between -12 and 12, so also -4dB is fine. You have 1dB, even better. Higher value maybe be useful to the auto-detecting feature for triggering the sub powering on. Maybe one day I move change the knob to 11 o'clock.

For changing room gain in target you have to launch ARC manual mode. You can open your .arc and change room gain, calculate end upload. I have risen mine from 3 to 4.5, as I like a little more bass.

Media Server Audio: Teufel Connector 2 Media Server Video: XBMC TV: Panasonic TX-L37ET5E BD/DVR:Panasonic BMR-BWT735 Media player: Teufel Connector 2, WD TV Live (Remoto/cucina), HT Rec: ANTHEM MRX 510, Front: Woofer & Tweeter, Center: 2 Woofer & Tweeter, Surround: Bose acoustimass 5 series II, Sub: SVS SB2000

Last edited by ebr9999; 12-05-2016 at 12:55 AM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4802 of 4812 Old 12-05-2016, 12:48 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked: 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by ebr9999 View Post
I have used 12 o'clock. The level I see in targets (which is the one is sent to the MRX) is -4dB (in the print out I have -7dB). In another measurement I have taken with the sub more at the center of the wall (1/2 a feet of difference), the sub is -1.5 and in the print out I have -6dB. I understand that the print out value indicates the correction MRX would have to output for having 0 room gain. Basically moving the sub to corner my room gain has increased by 1dB. Note this value depends on your room and your sub level.

Anyhow sub level can be set (by ARC) between -12 and 12, so also -4dB is fine. You have 1dB, even better. Higher value maybe be useful to the auto-detecting feature for triggering the sub powering on. Maybe one day I move change the knob to 11 o'clock.

For changing room gain in target you have to launch ARC manual mode. You can open your .arc and change room gain, calculate end upload. I have risen mine from 3 to 4.5, as I like a little more bass.
Thanks ebr9999 for your reply.

You are getting sub level in negative side.
For me even after getting sub gain level to 2 o clock position I am getting -2dB when I preview the arc file.
The same when uploaded to AVR I can see that sub level is getting to +1dB in sub woofer level in AVR.
So I am not sure if sub woofer level going to +ve side is good or not.
post #4803 of 4812 Old 12-05-2016, 01:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lalrenjith View Post
Thanks ebr9999 for your reply.

You are getting sub level in negative side.
For me even after getting sub gain level to 2 o clock position I am getting -2dB when I preview the arc file.
The same when uploaded to AVR I can see that sub level is getting to +1dB in sub woofer level in AVR.
So I am not sure if sub woofer level going to +ve side is good or not.
Hello lalrenjith, you look worried about that +1dB. I have never read any recommendation about keeping sub level in the negative side .... Anhow if sub level is not correct ARC gives you some warning. Note that also that sub level in the MRX can be set up between -12dD and +12dB. Values close to 0dB imply you have a good overall level matching.

PS: you can send your .arc file to Anthem support for their advice. They are quite positive on that.

Media Server Audio: Teufel Connector 2 Media Server Video: XBMC TV: Panasonic TX-L37ET5E BD/DVR:Panasonic BMR-BWT735 Media player: Teufel Connector 2, WD TV Live (Remoto/cucina), HT Rec: ANTHEM MRX 510, Front: Woofer & Tweeter, Center: 2 Woofer & Tweeter, Surround: Bose acoustimass 5 series II, Sub: SVS SB2000
post #4804 of 4812 Old 12-05-2016, 04:54 AM

Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked: 0
Quote:
Hello lalrenjith, you look worried about that +1dB. I have never read any recommendation about keeping sub level in the negative side .... Anhow if sub level is not correct ARC gives you some warning. Note that also that sub level in the MRX can be set up between -12dD and +12dB. Values close to 0dB imply you have a good overall level matching.

PS: you can send your .arc file to Anthem support for their advice. They are quite positive on that.
Hello ebr9999,

I have read when using Audyssey for room correction they recommend between -10dB to -5dB. That was the reason I was bit worried.
I have send ARC file to Antherm support and they said it is fine. Support said +3dB rise is due to room gain.
Does that mean with this 3dB rise it will blend well with main speakers?

Thanks for the reply.
post #4805 of 4812 Old 12-05-2016, 09:00 PM

Quoted: 114 Post(s)
Liked: 22
After having the MRX 510 for a few weeks now, I gotta say phenomenal on the sound quality. It sounds as expected from an Anthem AVR.

Ok, so now let's compared it the MRX 300 or otherwise first gen since they all sound the same anyway. Before I say anything, this is a comparison on the music side not for movies.
I think the first gen were a bit brighter while the second gen sounded more neutral. I got more ear fatigue on my paradigm speakers using the 300 compare to the 510 after listening music for over an hour. Here is where the second gen MRX receivers fell short of. The bass is much different sounding and weaker compared to the first gen. It's not bad in anyway, it's just weaker. The bass on the first gen was much more authoritative and more gut wrenching. On the 510 I couldn't get the same kind of bass power especially the lower frequencies band as good as the 300 at any given tone control and volume levels. As for clarity and mid range sound, they both sounded fantastic and nothing to complain about here.

I'm guessing for movies the 510 would be much better perhaps.

So for those that had both first gen and second gen MRX AVRs, what would your thoughts on the sound quality?
post #4806 of 4812 Old 12-06-2016, 09:58 AM

Have you tried increasing room gain?

post #4807 of 4812 Old Yesterday, 07:46 PM

Quoted: 51 Post(s)
Liked: 15
Hi everyone. I'm a new owner to a 720. Before I proceed any further, I'd like to confirm that this the right thread to ask questions re: ARC and all ARC related questions for 720?

I've been posting in the other Anthem thread and I think I might have made a mistake there.

So just double checking before making a similar mistake.

Thanks again.
post #4808 of 4812 Old Yesterday, 07:49 PM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 287 Post(s)
Liked: 120
Quote:
Originally Posted by ph3ng View Post
Hi everyone. I'm a new owner to a 720. Before I proceed any further, I'd like to confirm that this the right thread to ask questions re: ARC and all ARC related questions for 720?

I've been posting in the other Anthem thread and I think I might have made a mistake there.

So just double checking before making a similar mistake.

Thanks again.
You are good in either thread.

Anthem MRX 720, ELAC F&C5, Klipsch R-2650 Sony XBR 75X910C, Samsung UBD-K8500, Oppo BDP-93, SVS SB2000 & Elemental Designs A3 250
post #4809 of 4812 Old Yesterday, 08:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by e30cabrio View Post
You are good in either thread.
Thanks for that. Didn't want to annoy people by posting stuff in the wrong place.
post #4810 of 4812 Old Today, 03:12 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ph3ng View Post
Thanks for that. Didn't want to annoy people by posting stuff in the wrong place.
I don't think you are annoying anybody as ARC 2 is the same for both (you have 4 profiles instead of the 2 for new series). Maybe there, fewer people pay attention to ARC 2 due to ATMOS related discussions.
ph3ng likes this.

post #4811 of 4812 Old Today, 03:19 AM

Quote:
I don't think you are annoying anybody as ARC 2 is the same for both (you have 4 profiles instead of the 2 for new series). Maybe there, fewer people pay attention to ARC 2 due to ATMOS related discussions.
Thanks for that . I will post away here
post #4812 of 4812 Old Today, 03:33 AM

Hi all,

I'm going to do another ARC measurement. I'm new to Anthem and ARC and so I'm not entirely familiar with its characteristics.
In any case, I've attached my current measurements and I'd like to get some feedback/pointers on what you think of the readings.

Measurement Results PDF Link: https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/...0161208-B2.pdf

For my next measurement, I was going to try a 10 spot measurement. Before I do that, I'd like to know what the 'best practices' are (if any).

1. The manual suggests a minimum of 2ft/60cm between the MLP and the next measurement. Is there a 'scientific' approach in deciding if the distance between MLP and the next point should be more than the recommendation? Or is it simply a case of moving the mic to basically the next point where I usually listen from?

2. Is recommended to have the mic on the couch itself or have it position at the MLP with a boom arm (and the tripod on the ground)?

3. What's the best way to measure speaker and subwoofer distance?

Thanks in advance.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply Receivers, Amps, and Processors

Tags
Anthem Mrx710 , Anthem Mrx510 , Anthem Mrx310