Anthem MRX Receivers - 310, 510, 710 Owners Thread & Tweaking Guide - Page 164 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 
 308Likes

post #4891 of 4895 Old 04-26-2017, 06:25 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by mazpri View Post
Hi Indy. Odd to see your surrounds perform better at 100Hz an below than your fronts n center. In case these should be performing same sth is wrong. Redo the setup using QuickMeasure to position and toe in the correct angle of your speakers. Leave one setting to all auto to start with and for comparison of manual settings. Setting no.1 looks messed up alot, subwoofer at 300-700Hz? These Tannoys can't do 80Hz crossover.
Afaik the firmware has changed some things and is recommended for latest ARC PC software, the downloads include a version history. I recommend to use the latest ones only, both firmware and ARC software.
This is for the latest firmware:
HI Mazpri, yeah it's very annoying why the Fronts and center are not as good as rears. I have been told that the speakers aren't powerful enough, not sure if this is because I'm about 9 feet away from them and I'm pretty close to surrounds.

I've been recommended to buy the KEF LS50's and a BK Subwoofer, I have just got the new sub, BK XLS200, which sounds amazing, go the super spikes to go with it and very happy with it as bass wasn't very good for music on the Tannoy sub.

I have went down to 5.1 and tried messing about with front speakers but can't get a good response at all, still sound ok but I know it can sound a lot better. I'm currently saving up for the KEF's, do you think they will help?

Thanks
Indy
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4892 of 4895 Old 04-26-2017, 10:44 AM

Quoted: 123 Post(s)
Liked: 47
Quote:
Originally Posted by Indiana Bones View Post
I have went down to 5.1 and tried messing about with front speakers but can't get a good response at all, still sound ok but I know it can sound a lot better. I'm currently saving up for the KEF's, do you think they will helpy
Don't know, i'm not so much into KEF. I really would try to fix the given setup using an updated firmware and ARC software using the auto settings then.
In case the fronts and rears of that speaker set are same build you also can swap those to see if things change. In case the speakers show same measurement when doing Quick Measure each speaker in ARC software from roughly 3ft mic distance you can blame it on the room layout. I'd put the better ones to the front in case there are any differences.

I'm pretty sure your sub and satellite combo does the job when not broken - and it's a given, there are always better and/or more expensive speakers to find, but that goes way off topic...
post #4893 of 4895 Old 04-27-2017, 12:55 AM

Quote:
Don't know, i'm not so much into KEF. I really would try to fix the given setup using an updated firmware and ARC software using the auto settings then.
In case the fronts and rears of that speaker set are same build you also can swap those to see if things change. In case the speakers show same measurement when doing Quick Measure each speaker in ARC software from roughly 3ft mic distance you can blame it on the room layout. I'd put the better ones to the front in case there are any differences.

I'm pretty sure your sub and satellite combo does the job when not broken - and it's a given, there are always better and/or more expensive speakers to find, but that goes way off topic...
Thanks mate, yeah, going to swap speakers round tonight and see the difference, all speakers are same spec, I will also move the mic to 3ft away to see results.

I have set my mind on getting new front speakers now so just a mater of deciding which ones but going with all the reviews the and their size the KEF's definitely fit the bill!

it will probably be a wee while before I have funds for them so hopefully find out what the problem is with my set up!

Cheers

post #4894 of 4895 Old 04-27-2017, 02:39 AM

Quote:

Also, everything up to date, just updated ARC 2 days ago, amp is up to date!
post #4895 of 4895 Old Today, 09:30 AM

Quoted: 123 Post(s)
Liked: 47
ARC software update

I just stumbled upon a new ARCv2 software version in the download section of AnthemAV.com
The readme file is dated April 13th and reads the following:
Quote:
Changes:

v1.6.5342:

1. Added full support for the dual-jack (3.5mm + USB) microphone which ships with soundbars.

2. (STR Integrated Amp) Fix for USB device programming.

3. (PW Soundbar) Fixed issue with crossover selection. If a subwoofer is used, 120 Hz is selected otherwise a high pass frequency is selected to fit the measured in-room response.

4. Improved auto-updates for slow connections by increasing timeout for the file downloader.
So it doesn't look like any important changes occurred for MRX owners, quite different to when v1.5.4872 was released. They added support and fixes for the new Paradigm soundbar that comes with ARC and the new Anthem STR integrated stereo amp.
Latest firmware for MRX-x10 series is still v.1.2.9 from 2015. The AVM60 and MRX-x20 series have seen firmware updates last December v.2.067, just in case anybody was wondering...

Last edited by mazpri; Today at 09:33 AM. Reason: errata
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply Receivers, Amps, and Processors

Tags
Anthem Mrx710 , Anthem Mrx510 , Anthem Mrx310