Anthem MRX Receivers - 310, 510, 710 Owners Thread & Tweaking Guide - Page 49 - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1441 of 3077 Old 03-07-2014, 12:09 PM
AVS Addicted Member

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1448 Post(s)
Liked: 1715
Quote:
Originally Posted by JKR1963 View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by kbarnes701 View Post

Interesting why setting one of the DSPs to a common one for all the different input formats doesn't fix it.

Good luck with your Anthem!

Thanks for the "Help"..........interesting tone to your assist.........as I said I was not able to change any or any combination of settings to get rid of the issue.

seeking any info about the Onkyo since I already determined its' capabilities and limitations. I think I am in the right thread........

I realised that. I was saying it is interesting that the potential fix I mentioned doesn't work because it usually does. But it is possible that Onkyo have changed something and I am unaware of it. Anyway, it doesn't matter to you now because you will soon own an Anthem, which I assume does not 'click' or someone would surely have mentioned it.

Quote:
 Thanks for wishing me luck with the Anthem............whatever that means? I was just simply asking a question of Anthem owners about their Anthem not

I didn't mean you would need good luck with the Anthem!  I was just saying, good luck and enjoy it!

I actually don't own an Anthem. I came here to find out more about ARC initially and seem to have been drawn in :)  I am interested in how ARC works and how it is better/worse than my current Audyssey XT32/Pro.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #1442 of 3077 Old 03-07-2014, 12:22 PM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 24 Post(s)
Liked: 33
I am pretty sure I will like the Anthem.......I will see soon.
kbarnes701 likes this.
post #1443 of 3077 Old 03-07-2014, 12:35 PM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 25
Quote:
Originally Posted by JKR1963 View Post

I am pretty sure I will like the Anthem.......I will see soon.
Also remember to set you speaker distance to your listening position before running ARC. I missed that part my first few times. ARC does not set those parameters for you.

Samsung 65" F7100
Anthem MRX-310 (5.1)
Oppo BDP-103
Von Schweikert - VR-2 main,. LCR-15 Center
Def Tech. - Pro Monitor 800 Surrounds
HSU - VTF-2 MK2 Sub

post #1444 of 3077 Old 03-07-2014, 01:01 PM

Location: Wherever you go...well there you are. Currently I'm here, but soon I'll be someplace else. But rest assured I'll be there at the time, but I'll be gone before you know it.
Quoted: 39 Post(s)
Liked: 56
Quote:
Originally Posted by sdurani View Post

Flatter (horizontal straight line) might not, but smoother (fewer/smaller peaks & dips) certainly will. Whether testing room correction systems or loudspeakers, the smoother the response the more it has been preferred by listeners. With that in mind, if you look at the graph Jerry attached a few posts up, you'll see that one room correction system yields a smoother response than the other (even though neither result in a flat response).
I'll have to take your word for it. I'll be the first to admit I'm out of my league when it comes to the technical aspects of this discussion. The real point I'm trying to make is that I won't let that info. interfere with the enjoyment of my much improved system... that I am somehow missing out because in some way I may have a potentially "inferior" product, or that I need to improve upon it because something else may be better. There is always going to be something else out there. Given a couple of years both solutions will be "dinosaurs." I have no doubt that XT32 is amazing. ARC may or may not provide equivalent results. I might be wrong, but I doubt most people would be able to tell much difference between the two. To the majority of people reading these posts, I wonder if the relative differences truly amount to a reason to choose one system over the other. I may be misreading this, but in general there seems to be a negative bent (by some, not by all) towards the Anthem REQ solution, and it would be sad for people to make a purchasing decision based solely on these posts. Are the purported REQ differences really so huge that it matters to the majority of us?... or is this more of a theoretical sticking point/issue for a small minority of owners/potential owners?
I'm probably in for it now.....eek.gif
Saturn94 likes this.

In memory of Buddy, the world's best pup, who passed peacefully June 28th/2014. He is sorely missed.
post #1445 of 3077 Old 03-07-2014, 01:55 PM
AVS Addicted Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by whodunnit View Post

Quote:

Flatter (horizontal straight line) might not, but smoother (fewer/smaller peaks & dips) certainly will. Whether testing room correction systems or loudspeakers, the smoother the response the more it has been preferred by listeners. With that in mind, if you look at the graph Jerry attached a few posts up, you'll see that one room correction system yields a smoother response than the other (even though neither result in a flat response).
I'll have to take your word for it. I'll be the first to admit I'm out of my league when it comes to the technical aspects of this discussion. The real point I'm trying to make is that I won't let that info. interfere with the enjoyment of my much improved system... that I am somehow missing out because in some way I may have a potentially "inferior" product, or that I need to improve upon it because something else may be better. There is always going to be something else out there. Given a couple of years both solutions will be "dinosaurs." I have no doubt that XT32 is amazing. ARC may or may not provide equivalent results. I might be wrong, but I doubt most people would be able to tell much difference between the two. To the majority of people reading these posts, I wonder if the relative differences truly amount to a reason to choose one system over the other. I may be misreading this, but in general there seems to be a negative bent (by some, not by all) towards the Anthem REQ solution, and it would be sad for people to make a purchasing decision based solely on these posts. Are the purported REQ differences really so huge that it matters to the majority of us?... or is this more of a theoretical sticking point/issue for a small minority of owners/potential owners?
I'm probably in for it now.....eek.gif

It may be, of course, that you already have a very nice, downward sloping, smooth frequency response. If we could measure your room we’d know for sure.

I hope that I am not coming across as having a "negative bent" towards ARC. It is not my intention. I really don't give a hoot as to which REQ system is better than which other - I'd just like to know if one is (or isn’t) in some sort of objective way. I have no brand loyalty at all - I will use the equipment which delivers the result I am after. If I find something which delivers a better result, I will swap to it if it is affordable and has no serious downsides. I am fairly sure, for example, that I would have bought an Anthem unit for evaluation (of ARC) if they had not dropped support for height channels, which are important to me. I could have evaluated ARC vs XT32+Pro, measured the results before and after, and then sold the less satisfactory unit. 

You may be right that for most people the differences (if any) don't matter. But for some, they do. Unfortunately, without objective measurements and assessments it is impossible to know for sure. I really would have liked to have had an ARC-equipped unit for evaluation here but sadly it was not to be.  But I have enjoyed dropping into this thread and discussing things with civilised people in a civilised way. If only all threads were the same!

post #1446 of 3077 Old 03-07-2014, 03:04 PM
AVS Addicted Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 1057 Post(s)
Liked: 892
Quote:

I'll have to take your word for it.
I wouldn't ask you to take what I said on faith. Compare slide numbers 24 & 25 of this presentation, and then read the conculsions. It is interesting to compare measurements with perception in order to show that preferences can be quantified.
Quote:

I have no doubt that XT32 is amazing. ARC may or may not provide equivalent results. I might be wrong, but I doubt most people would be able to tell much difference between the two.
The presentation I linked to indicates that people would likely be able to tell the difference. When comparing room correction technologies, it's not about being "amazing". just better than the others. The traces in Jerry's graph don't show XT32 as being perfect, but it certainly does a better job of addressing peaks & dips; enough for people to tell the difference.

Sanjay
post #1447 of 3077 Old 03-07-2014, 03:13 PM

Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by AB16 View Post

Hello. Has anyone compared the preamp section of the MRX710 with a Krell Showcase?
The MRX710 would be good paired with ProAc D18?
Thank you.

Nobody can help me?
post #1448 of 3077 Old 03-07-2014, 04:17 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 73 Post(s)
Liked: 128
I must admit that I find this discussion about ARC very interesting especially
when compared to REW measurements.

First I am not a x10 owner, I have had the MRX-300 for exactly 3 years now.
ARC made a very dramatic improvement over the way my system sounds
in my combo den/kitchen. I upgraded from a Marantz sr5003 with Audyssey
Multi-EQ. The graphs generated by the ARC eq system allowed me to SEE that by
moving my speakers and subs around I could improve the graphs to help me
get the most out of my system. I had a nasty bass null at 50>70hz of 12db
which was too much for ARC to correct. It took some time, patience and lots of
quick measures to resolve that issue..

I sometimes think that I should maybe get into REW, I doesn't look too daunting,
and I am a bit curious. But, I'm in no hurry, and I'm very happy with the way it is
working now. we will see.wink.gif

I am a bit envious of you folks with the dedicated rooms and basements. Here
in Arizona I have never even been in a house with a basement. LOL

Here is a link with the thread I started about my bass null...it has some
graphs before and after, and some pics of my average den in my average home.
I have been very fortunate with my MRX..no bugs, pops or other quirks, everything
connected via HDMI. I will admit that I am fascinated by Audyssey's latest incarnation.

http://www.avsforum.com/t/1320915/understanding-12db-null-correction
post #1449 of 3077 Old 03-07-2014, 04:27 PM

Location: Wherever you go...well there you are. Currently I'm here, but soon I'll be someplace else. But rest assured I'll be there at the time, but I'll be gone before you know it.
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by kbarnes701 View Post

It may be, of course, that you already have a very nice, downward sloping, smooth frequency response. If we could measure your room we’d know for sure.I hope that I am not coming across as having a "negative bent" towards ARC. It is not my intention. I really don't give a hoot as to which REQ system is better than which other - I'd just like to know if one is (or isn’t) in some sort of objective way. I have no brand loyalty at all - I will use the equipment which delivers the result I am after. If I find something which delivers a better result, I will swap to it if it is affordable and has no serious downsides. I am fairly sure, for example, that I would have bought an Anthem unit for evaluation (of ARC) if they had not dropped support for height channels, which are important to me. I could have evaluated ARC vs XT32+Pro, measured the results before and after, and then sold the less satisfactory unit. 

You may be right that for most people the differences (if any) don't matter. But for some, they do. Unfortunately, without objective measurements and assessments it is impossible to know for sure. I really would have liked to have had an ARC-equipped unit for evaluation here but sadly it was not to be.  But I have enjoyed dropping into this thread and discussing things with civilised people in a civilised way. If only all threads were the same!

Not to worry. I truly believe that you are in this for the enlightenment and desire to define what is best, without any hidden agenda. It took a few posts for me to realize that...it seems that so many comments in forums tend to come with some bias, and it is my usual default filter when reading them.
I will admit to my bias. I am very pleased with my receiver, and I would hate people to shy away from giving it serious consideration because it may not create as flat a response curve graph as Trinnov or XT32...etc. I can't help but feel there are other factors of equal importance that need be considered, but they can often be lost by one specific issue, which may, or may not be of as much importance to the average user. I know this has happened to me, and has compromised the pleasure I would otherwise be getting from a purchase. Possibly I should, (and people like me god help them) steer away from forums totally...but there is so much to learn...and frankly I love the conversation, the "meeting of the minds" and am a sucker for thumbs up etc...Just want people to give the Anthem a shot. I think most of them will be really pleased. Admittedly, if they have four subs (sweet), and a place to put them... maybe not! In that case XT32 is probably a no brainer.
I will probably bow out now...(yeah right)...on this specific issue. I too have enjoyed the civility of this forum, and have truly enjoyed our back and forth. I do have to recognize that this the AVS forum(S for science) as opposed to the AVP forum(P for philosophy). I wish you the best, and look forward to your future posts!
kbarnes701 likes this.

In memory of Buddy, the world's best pup, who passed peacefully June 28th/2014. He is sorely missed.
post #1450 of 3077 Old 03-07-2014, 04:30 PM

For what it's worth (or to clarify). I am a new 310 owner and could not be happier. My whole space has come alive. What ARC did compared to what I had is night vs. day. It just works!... And works with 2 channel or 2.1. Which ever your preference. To date i never was able to achieve frequency balance. I may be a bit old or out dated with what I had, but as of now I and others with me are loving the new system.

Samsung 65" F7100
Anthem MRX-310 (5.1)
Oppo BDP-103
HSU - VTF-2 MK2 Sub

post #1451 of 3077 Old 03-07-2014, 04:35 PM

Allright... I just got a ton of thumbs up from someone....Either your messing with me or ya love me. I'm going for the "I feel the love" perspective. wink.gif

post #1452 of 3077 Old 03-07-2014, 05:22 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 19 Post(s)
Liked: 365
Quote:
Originally Posted by skyfi View Post

Also remember to set you speaker distance to your listening position before running ARC. I missed that part my first few times. ARC does not set those parameters for you.

You made me think of a question I have about measuring the sub distance. I have a single PSA Triax in the right front corner. This sub has three apposing drivers. Here's a pic in case one hasn't seen this sub;

Do I measure from the MLP to the center of the sub? Or to the closest driver?

post #1453 of 3077 Old 03-07-2014, 06:02 PM

I personally don't think that a sub frequency + or - 1 foot would make an audible difference. Maybe if you had two, Phase may be an issue. I generally round measurements to the nearest foot. Maybe someone else has input?

Samsung 65" F7100
Anthem MRX-310 (5.1)
Oppo BDP-103
HSU - VTF-2 MK2 Sub

post #1454 of 3077 Old 03-07-2014, 08:27 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Liked: 21
Quote:

I wouldn't ask you to take what I said on faith. Compare slide numbers 24 & 25 of this presentation, and then read the conculsions. It is interesting to compare measurements with perception in order to show that preferences can be quantified.
The presentation I linked to indicates that people would likely be able to tell the difference. When comparing room correction technologies, it's not about being "amazing". just better than the others. The traces in Jerry's graph don't show XT32 as being perfect, but it certainly does a better job of addressing peaks & dips; enough for people to tell the difference.

Hi sdurani,

That presentation is definitely an interesting one. I have read it before. What I have currently noticed and found interesting is what they state on page 5 under Motivation:

Low frequencies (< 500 Hz): room modes, solid angle gain/boundary effects

Higher frequencies (> 500 Hz): room reflections are dominant effect but room correction cannot fix this; this is mostly "loudspeaker correction" - not "room correction"

The above ties into one of ARC main strengths of limiting the max EQ.

I have used both Audyessy XT32 on the Denon X4000 and also the ARC on the MRX510 up to 5 KHz and both made similar/same corrections including corrections above 500 Hz. If one believes in the motivation statement on page 5 as stated above then one would conclude that both ARC and Audyessy thought my speakers needed correcting. Both also made the frequency graphs (independent measurements at the MLP) look flatter as compared to no correction so as a graph it looked much better. However in my listening test both left sounds too harsh and too bright. With ARC I removed my "speaker correction" by reducing the max EQ way down and in turn also removed the excess brightness/harshness making my system sound much more natural and pleasing. This cannot be done with Audyessy XT32.
post #1455 of 3077 Old 03-07-2014, 08:55 PM
AVS Addicted Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 1057 Post(s)
Liked: 892
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frank D View Post

Agreed, being able to set a frequency limit to the correction is useful IF the equalization is not doing anything helpful (or maybe doing something harmful) in the higher frequencies. Otherwise, there should be no reason to limit the frequency range, especially if full range correction does something (e.g., mild downward tilt) that results in a more pleasing sound. Some well regarded room correction systems (Trinnov, Dirac, ARCOS) allow the option to set a cut-off frequency for the correction, but no one I know that uses those systems ever does that.
Quote:

However in my listening test both left sounds too harsh and too bright.
Couldn't you turn down the treble control to restore the warmth (or at least till it didn't sound too bright)?

Sanjay
post #1456 of 3077 Old 03-07-2014, 09:02 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by grasshoppers View Post

I must admit that I find this discussion about ARC very interesting especially
when compared to REW measurements.

First I am not a x10 owner, I have had the MRX-300 for exactly 3 years now.
ARC made a very dramatic improvement over the way my system sounds
in my combo den/kitchen. I upgraded from a Marantz sr5003 with Audyssey
Multi-EQ. The graphs generated by the ARC eq system allowed me to SEE that by
moving my speakers and subs around I could improve the graphs to help me
get the most out of my system. I had a nasty bass null at 50>70hz of 12db
which was too much for ARC to correct. It took some time, patience and lots of
quick measures to resolve that issue..

I sometimes think that I should maybe get into REW, I doesn't look too daunting,
and I am a bit curious. But, I'm in no hurry, and I'm very happy with the way it is
working now. we will see.wink.gif

Here is a link with the thread I started about my bass null...it has some
graphs before and after, and some pics of my average den in my average home.
I have been very fortunate with my MRX..no bugs, pops or other quirks, everything
connected via HDMI. I will admit that I am fascinated by Audyssey's latest incarnation.

http://www.avsforum.com/t/1320915/understanding-12db-null-correction

As you stated "The graphs generated by ARC eq allowed you to SEE that by moving your speakers and subs around you could improve..."

Not sure if the MRX 300 has the same feature as Quick Measure under the MRX x10 series but it sounds like it does. ARC's Quick Measure found in MRX 510 is definitely very helpful and convenient. I love the fact that I can quickly have my Windows 7 tablet hooked up wireless to my network and be able to direct test tones from my MRX to play on whichever speaker I choose. The professionally calibrated USB mic supplied with my MRX is also very easy to hook up. I hit the measure button and three seconds later it shows the frequency. One can then move the speaker to test for positioning ie perhaps add more toe in etc., hit the measure button and within about 3 seconds you can see if your frequency response has improved or gotten worse. Definitely very convenient and easy to use.

I also used Quick Measure to see if adding or removing acoustical treatments to side walls and other areas made any difference. I clearly saw the frequency graphs change for the good when I added/moved treatment in certain areas. I also used Quick Measure to see if any improvement could be had in my sub. I did get significant improvement by just turning my sub to face the left wall vs its original posting of facing inwards towards the room. Again very easy to see and use. Even a beginner with very little or no measurement experience should find it easy to use.
post #1457 of 3077 Old 03-07-2014, 09:27 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:

Couldn't you turn down the treble control to restore the warmth (or at least till it didn't sound too bright)?

Yes I did try that and it did not sound good as lowering the treble would lower the whole upper frequency area.

Both ARC and Audyessy added "varying" amounts of volume/correction to the 3000 to 4000 Hz and 4500 to 5500 Hz areas.

Furthermore treble in the Denon x4000 with Audyessy only seemed to work on the front left and right channels and have no effect on the centre and surrounds. Treble in ARC did affect all channels.
post #1458 of 3077 Old 03-07-2014, 10:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anthony71 View Post

same for me:
dts-hd hra, played by XBMC recognized no signal in audio passthrough but if i set the XBMC to Directsound audio i get Multi PCM 3/4 !!

if you want to test, there is the French audio tracks on following movies with this codec: (The Avenger) (Real Steel) (Pirates of the Caribbean: On Stranger Tides)

with my old MRX500 everything was ok on passthrough!

after the broken Anthem Logic music , here the broken dts-hd hra !!

Caught the above post a few weeks back, but no one seems to have taken it up.

I am having the same issue... My Anthem MRX 710 won't play the audio in videos with DTS-HD (using XBMC). My MRX 710 is displaying the "DTS-HD..." in the display and the video plays fine, but there is absolutely no sound coming out.

I have no issues with any other DTS / Dolby Digital / Dolby PL / etc. playbacks... anyone have any idea what's going on here??? Is this a settings / codec issue (doubtful, considering everything else works...) or a MRX 710 issue????
post #1459 of 3077 Old 03-08-2014, 12:41 AM

Liked: 33
Think there is a problem playing dtshd. dtshdma is ok. resolved in beta firmware. email anthem tech support and they can email it to you
post #1460 of 3077 Old 03-08-2014, 02:58 AM
AVS Addicted Member

Quote:

Quote:

Hi sdurani,

That presentation is definitely an interesting one. I have read it before. What I have currently noticed and found interesting is what they state on page 5 under Motivation:

Low frequencies (< 500 Hz): room modes, solid angle gain/boundary effects

Higher frequencies (> 500 Hz): room reflections are dominant effect but room correction cannot fix this; this is mostly "loudspeaker correction" - not "room correction"

I have used both Audyessy XT32 on the Denon X4000 and also the ARC on the MRX510 up to 5 KHz and both made similar/same corrections including corrections above 500 Hz. If one believes in the motivation statement on page 5 as stated above then one would conclude that both ARC and Audyessy thought my speakers needed correcting. Both also made the frequency graphs (independent measurements at the MLP) look flatter as compared to no correction so as a graph it looked much better. However in my listening test both left sounds too harsh and too bright. With ARC I removed my "speaker correction" by reducing the max EQ way down and in turn also removed the excess brightness/harshness making my system sound much more natural and pleasing. This cannot be done with Audyessy XT32.

That is correct. But XT32 does very little by way of filter creation above 1kHz anyway.

This Addendum to my Audyssey FAQ has a lot of useful information on it, with many corroborating graphs:

a)1. Differences between MultEQ XT32 and MultEQ XT/MultEQ/2EQ with regard to HF correction.

post #1461 of 3077 Old 03-08-2014, 06:01 AM

Liked: 16
I find my quick measure in particular for my subwoofers is very erratic. It seems to bounce all over the place for me. Its like my microphone is flaky or the software needs some work for consistency on quick measure. Maybe that is the norm or I am doing something wrong. Anthem seems to think it is ok after communicating with them about it. Maybe that's just what happens when measuring subwoofers??

Anyone ever had a bad microphone from Anthem?

Thanks
post #1462 of 3077 Old 03-08-2014, 06:11 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 7 Post(s)
Liked: 48
Quote:
Originally Posted by TommmyJ View Post

I find my quick measure in particular for my subwoofers is very erratic. It seems to bounce all over the place for me. Its like my microphone is flaky or the software needs some work for consistency on quick measure. Maybe that is the norm or I am doing something wrong. Anthem seems to think it is ok after communicating with them about it. Maybe that's just what happens when measuring subwoofers??

Thanks

Just Remember it is NOT a LIVE MEASUREMENT.

You can't walk around taking measurements.

You move the SUB and Then Take a LOOK.
post #1463 of 3077 Old 03-08-2014, 06:47 AM

I am not moving the mic around. I have it sitting in the mlp and then make adjustments to the subs. Maybe future Arc updates will address this hopefully.
post #1464 of 3077 Old 03-08-2014, 07:08 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:

I am not moving the mic around. I have it sitting in the mlp and then make adjustments to the subs. Maybe future Arc updates will address this hopefully.

You are doing it correctly

Maybe you have a bad mike or cable
post #1465 of 3077 Old 03-08-2014, 07:24 AM

That's what I thought and suggested to support but they don't seem to agree. The one time I was running the quick measure and then turned my sub volume all the way down and it still showed 60-70db. Seems hit or miss whether it spits out anything that can be used.

Anyone know what a microphone would cost if Anthem won't let me at least try a replacement mic?

Thanks for the help.
post #1466 of 3077 Old 03-08-2014, 07:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kirche5 View Post

Caught the above post a few weeks back, but no one seems to have taken it up.

I am having the same issue... My Anthem MRX 710 won't play the audio in videos with DTS-HD (using XBMC). My MRX 710 is displaying the "DTS-HD..." in the display and the video plays fine, but there is absolutely no sound coming out.

I have no issues with any other DTS / Dolby Digital / Dolby PL / etc. playbacks... anyone have any idea what's going on here??? Is this a settings / codec issue (doubtful, considering everything else works...) or a MRX 710 issue????

DTS HD MASTER works well, it is only the DTS HD HIGHT RESOLUTION (HRA) causes this problem, I have the latest beta firmware and it is the same!

I explained the problem with technical support, hoping the next firmeware solve it
post #1467 of 3077 Old 03-08-2014, 07:29 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:

That's what I thought and suggested to support but they don't seem to agree. The one time I was running the quick measure and then turned my sub volume all the way down and it still showed 60-70db. Seems hit or miss whether it spits out anything that can be used.

Anyone know what a microphone would cost if Anthem won't let me at least try a replacement mic?

Thanks for the help.

Anthem Mic's in general have a hard time picking up sub volumes.

Therefore a 70 would seem to indicate a problem.

AGAIN - I would suspect the CABLE 1st
post #1468 of 3077 Old 03-08-2014, 07:38 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:

Thanks

A bad mic is possible. What procedure did you use? I did not seem to experience any erratic behavior for my sub. Perhaps you left Quick Measure continually running which I believe you should not do.

This is what worked for me:
1. Run QuicK Measure (QM) to measure current sub position and stop it. Basically QM would send a few "whoops" and than show a graph. Do not leave QM to do continual measurements.
2. Move sub to new location
3. Now while watching the previous QM Graph run QM again until you see the graph change/update (usually after about 3 "whoops") and stop it. Notice the changes made (either more flat or less) from the previous to new graph indicating that you have a better or worse new sub position.
4. Repeat step 3 as many times as you need to.

Just to confirm are you saying that you took a QM (after about 3 whoops) than stopped the program than took a QM again and it showed two different graphs? I did not experience any erratic behaviour as doing this same procedure produced exactly the same sub graphs for me.
post #1469 of 3077 Old 03-08-2014, 09:00 AM

I didn't know that I should stop it after 3 sounds or a chart update. I thought you could just run it continuously and change setting on the sub. It was when running continuous that if I turned the sub off the graph would continue showing output with no sound. Anthem support didn't say to not keep running it but maybe that is supposed to be common knowledge??
post #1470 of 3077 Old 03-08-2014, 09:10 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:

I didn't know that I should stop it after 3 sounds or a chart update. I thought you could just run it continuously and change setting on the sub. It was when running continuous that if I turned the sub off the graph would continue showing output with no sound. Anthem support didn't say to not keep running it but maybe that is supposed to be common knowledge??

Yes Quick Measurement is -- Take a Measurement and Stop.

Repeat as needed - as I said earlier - Quick is TEST MEASUREMENT and NOT LIVE.
Reply Receivers, Amps, and Processors

Tags
Anthem Mrx710 , Anthem Mrx510 , Anthem Mrx310
Gear in this thread - Mrx710 by PriceGrabber.com

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page