TX-NR626 no Audysey - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 4 Old 11-05-2013, 08:48 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
New TX-NR626 installed on Nov. 4, 2013

Speaker setup is 5.1 without a Woofer, in speaker setup manual mode, selected Front Normal, No Woofer, and surround, No back surround.

When setting up the calibrations for the speakers, all emit the signal from the correct speaker, I.E. I can see the visual on the screen, and hear the
calibration level from the highlighted speaker. I set the speakers to a relative level based on the distance to the speaker in use. Distances were also set.
Low freq cutoff was specified for each at about 50-80 hz.

So all of the speakers are wired up correctly, and respond properly in the manual setup. Speakers are the Bose 301 series II Front and surround, Center is a home brew 8" woofer and tweeter with cross over, no issues with speakers. again no woofer.

Tried to run the Audyssey setup.

Plugged in the Microphone, heard an internal click of the receiver, screen display comes up with the instructions. Set the mic on a tripod at the listening distance and height.

Tried running the Setup in the simple mode first
Receiver starts the routine by chirping the Front left speaker, does this three times, each time the level of the volume output of the speaker was increased
after the third attempt, display comes up with Error..( if I recall correct, data fields were empty) Tried the setup several times.

Tried running the advance mode, eg the multi position calibration... same results..error after the left speaker goes thru the three levels then show no data and
routine ask try again/cancel. same results.

Rebooted/reset receiver... Same results.

Checked to see if Firmware update was needed. updated the firmware to 1040-7110-0000-0201 successful.

Tried Audyssey again... same issue....no go...reset/rebooted...same issue no go... unplugged receiver overnight...retried audyssey.. no go.

Microphone label on box says ACM1HB...3.5mm silver plug with knurled 1/4" rubber band on plug

Have I perhaps missed something in the setup menu's or perhaps a bad microphone/cable?
Not sure how the rx is designed to detect the microphone, via the plug insert only or perhaps a check of continuity via the microphone ckt.? My guess is a switch action on the female jack when the 3.5mm plug is inserted.
Resistance of the microphone checks as 1.1k with high quality digital ohm meter. So microphone is at least not open ckt. Not sure what the value should read, nor if the mic works. I do not have anything that would substitute for the supplied unit.

Any suggestions appreciated.

It appears at this point in time the other functions of the AVR appear to work properly.

Thanks in advance for any suggestions

Bob

Tnx...BobFlyer
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 Old 11-05-2013, 03:40 PM
585-645-1006

Mentioned: 19 Post(s)
Quoted: 1855 Post(s)
Liked: 1721
Try swapping the FL and FR speaker wires to rule out the issue being a defective speaker. Otherwise could be a defective mic (which is rare).

---------------------------------
"JD" – jd@avscience.com ; shop.avscience.com ; 585-645-1006, AVScience - Authorized dealer for AVRs, Speakers, etc. 

Daily 8am – 8pm EST (Sat/Sun too if you leave message)
Call for pricing - Denon, Marantz, Yamaha, Pioneer, Onkyo, Def Tech, Atlantic Tech, Oppo
** Think the AVR is defective?  Reset the microprocessor 4-5 times. 
post #3 of 4 Old 11-05-2013, 06:44 PM - Thread Starter

Thanks for the suggestion.

Since I ended up doing a manual speaker setup with distances and noise calibration levels it confirmed that the speakers are working properly and detected the correct position of each FR,FL, surround L and surround R and center.

I am currently just using the setup with the manual calibration for the 5.1 without a woofer. Subjective call but sounds decent with 5.1 program material from a DVD.

I hope to find a run of the mill microphone which I can plug in to see if the Audyssey routine will work, I know the microphone will not have the proper design parameters, but at least I will find out if it is the microphone.

I have a call into technical support.

Bob

Great Forum... learned a lot by just reading many posts. Been many years since I have upgraded my old stereo system..

Tnx...BobFlyer
post #4 of 4 Old 11-15-2013, 12:35 PM - Thread Starter

Speakers are working correctly, the left speaker starts the audyssey calibration routine, chirps the speaker in a sequence of three times, 2 and 3rd time it increases the volume of the speaker. So It appears the Microphone is not hearing the speaker. Everything is working correctly via the manual speaker setup, I.E. correct speaker i.d. and the level calibration was done via using my ears. When the audyssey calibrations ends it say Error... all of the values in the data fields are empty.

Regards Bob

Unit is now two week old and no progress on this issue.

Tnx...BobFlyer
Reply Receivers, Amps, and Processors

Tags
Onkyo Tx Nr626 7 2 Channel Network Audio Video Receiver
Gear in this thread - Nr626 by PriceGrabber.com

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page