Anthem receiver mrx 700 - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 3 Old 11-06-2013, 09:27 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10

I wrote a couple weeks ago about the problems I had with Paradigm (Anthem) as far as customer service is concerned. Boy,1 month after my receiver left for Paradigm,I'm still not sure what the heck is going on with my receiver. Make a long story short,my receiver was sent to Buffalo,NY by mistake. Came back to Toronto,and then they lost it. And it's so difficult to get anything from them...I left messages for the repair department and they never call back whether you leave your message in the morning or afternoon. The only person that answered me was Piero Ferrari. But he doesn't have enough weight to get things moving. Anyway,my receiver was supposed to be sent to my dealer for this friday. Somehow,I doubt that. I will let you know.

Being the first receiver that I buy that is suppose to be "top of the line"...paid close to 2000$ for it...it my first receiver that goes belly up on me. I had low end and mid fi receivers from Pioneer,Nad,Yamaha and never had issues with any of them...sorry one of the Nad kept "clipping" for nothing. So it seems that sound quality doesn't mean "built quality".

Just my 2 cents...

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 Old 11-10-2013, 10:08 AM - Thread Starter

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10

To continue with my problems with the Anthem receiver,it took me a month to get it back from Paradigm with all kinds of bumps while it was in their possession to the delivery company (Loomis,not to name it  ) who came back 3 times to deliver the receiver to my dealer.

I've had the receiver in my possession now for 2 full days and this receiver is about the least user friendly I have ever owned. This is all Chinese to me...can't get the Arc working because of a problem with the receiver not finding an "Anthem something..." can't do it manually because I don't see the set up screen on my tv...The set up menu doesn't match what in says in the owner's manual...What a piece of crap...I'll go back to a NAD receiver, and also it can't play the music I have in 2 usb keys that I have. The only sound I can get out of this receiver is tuner (sound very normal,Bose sounds better) or static.

It is for sale for a lost for me if you are interested.

post #3 of 3 Old 11-10-2013, 10:14 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 5 Post(s)
Liked: 23
Yup, you should sell it.
Reply Receivers, Amps, and Processors

Tags
Anthem Mrx700
Gear in this thread - Mrx700 by PriceGrabber.com

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version