After spending considerable time researching sound-cards with balanced outputs to use on my HTPC - I've now realized it'd be easier to setup and more WAF friendly to get a processor instead.
My mains (L/C/R)- Neumann KH310 (Active 3 way, balanced XLR inputs).
Not yet decided on the surrounds - will add them later...
Background: I'm based in India - no used market. 220V-50Hz power.
1. Balanced XLR output and Sound Quality are the top-most priority.
2. These will be sitting in an apartment living-room and in a couple of years move to a dedicated HT room.
3. Room correction features a nice to have - but I do have access to pro-audio people who can help me setup/calibrate
4. Dolby Volume or Audyssey Volume correction and Sub-EQ will be quite nice to have - as it will be used in an untreated, reflective apartment.
5. Blue-tooth, WIFI and DLNA
The following seem to have most of the features I'd like within my price range:
1. Integra DHC60.5 - US$2000 - Excluding shipping to India, customs duty
2. Marantz AV7701 - US$1700 - Excluding shipping, customs duty
3. Sherbourn (Emotiva) PT-7030 - US$1110, including shipping to India, but excluding customs duty
I've also considered the following but dropped due to price, lack of features or other considerations:
Are there any other processors in this price range with balanced XLR output that I should consider?
Of the 3 (DHC60.5 vs AV7701 vs PT-7030) - the Integra seems to offer the most features, the Marantz best sound quality and the Sherbourn - best value...
The Sherbourn performance and THD figures are not available readily (even after several requests to Emotiva) - this makes me somewhat hesitant... although US$900 is an unbeatable price - I don't want to be unhappy with the Sound quality (considering I've already spent around US$7k for just the LCR)
Could the experts and regulars of this forum help me pick a processor - from the above choices or point me to other options I should consider?
Thanks in advance for any and all responses.