Please Help.. Very interesting problem involving Denon AVR PS3 and DirecTv box - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

Old 11-09-2013, 02:45 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10

First off I'd like to introduce myself. First post here. I built a mini home theater after browsing this site and other resources and basically lurked a lot. Reading other peoples problems and advice teaches a lot! I've been running a set up for a year now with my ps3 and hd directv box into a Denon AVR 1312, then to an Optoma Hd180.  Really good set up for what I need, but today somehow I encountered a problem.

Yesterday everything worked 100% correct. I played the new Call of Duty on it flawlessly, audio and video.  Today is a different story.  Heres the rundown:

DirecTv box through any of the four hdmi inputs works flawlessly using hdmi cable1, cable2, and cable3

The ps3 using any of my three hdmi cables outputs audio fine, but the receiver is outputting the video as green lines. Not green lines overlaying a picture, but just green lines.

The ps3 works correctly when using any three of my hdmi cables connected to my 37" LG hdtv.  The audio and video.

The crazy thing is that usually when I am on any input on my receiver and nothing is plugged in, it usually shows up as no input from the projector.  Now, I can have every cable unplugged, yet the projector is still picking up an output of video from the receiver.  The receiver is showing green lines, whether a cable is plugged in or not, except when the DirecTv box is plugged in and chosen.  

The problem makes no sense to me.. i've reset the receiver, unplugged all devices from the reciever, tried them in all different inputs with different cables, cross referenced them to my hdtv, and even unplugged the power cables from the ps3, receiver and directv.  Am I missing something? I feel that is has to do with the hdmi handshake, but no part of any device had a system update or what not so I don't understand.

thanks for any input

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-09-2013, 03:09 PM
585-645-1006

Mentioned: 20 Post(s)
Quoted: 2008 Post(s)
Liked: 1752
On the PS3 set the "Deep Color Output" setting to OFF.

---------------------------------
"JD" – jd@avscience.com ; shop.avscience.com ; 585-645-1006, AVScience - Authorized dealer for AVRs, Speakers, etc. 

Daily 8am – 8pm EST (including weekends)
Call for pricing - Denon, Marantz, Yamaha, Pioneer, Onkyo, Def Tech, Atlantic Tech, Oppo
** Think the AVR is defective?  Reset the microprocessor 4-5 times. 
Old 11-09-2013, 05:44 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdsmoothie View Post

On the PS3 set the "Deep Color Output" setting to OFF.

Did that.. and also deleted the Ghosts patch i feel that may have caused some problems. Miraculously everything works now! Thanks

Old 11-26-2013, 05:24 PM

Hi I am seriously thinking about purchasing one of these projectors (Optoma H180x) and would like to clarify something regarding it's 3d Capabilities.
Will it simply be a case of plugging in my Playstation 3 via HDMI cable in to projector to view 3D content or does this model require the additional use of an Optoma 3D-XL unit?
Thanks.

Tags
Denon Avr 1312 Receiver , Optoma H180x Dlp Projector 3d , Sony Playstation 3 60 Gb