Buzz/Feedback noise please help diagnose - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 4 Old 11-10-2013, 03:15 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10

Hello everyone,

I am new here. I will introduce myself. I am an advent audio enthusiast. Loved audio since  i was a small child. Always looking for ways to improve my home theater!

I have run into a snag that I cannot get myself out of. I will explain my set up first:
5.1 Surround, custom build boxes (myself). Left, Right, Center, RS, And LS. I run a Left 15" inch subwoofer as well a right.
My equipment:
-Power conditioner
-Pioneer SC1525K (SC-35 US) Receiver.
-Sharp Aquos 60" Quatron
-Behringer EP4000 Power Amplifier (for sbwoofers)
-Custom Build theater PC (For those wondering, my video and Sound are output HDMI by an Asus GTX770). The HDMI out from the Graphics card, goes to the input of the pioneer, and then an HDMI out from Pioneer to the Sharp T.V.

So my system has been running fine for well over 2 years. I recently added my new PC tower, and I am getting a feedback / buzzing coming through the subwoofers (and my LOW mids in my Left and right towers). the buzzing becomes more audible as i move my mouse.

Solutions I tried:
-I have tried a different computer (my Wifes) and the buzzing actually got worse. She uses a Radeon Graphics card (7970).
-I have tried using Fibre optics out on the mobo (instead of graphics card HDMI), no change.

-I have tried connected to different outlets, as well not using the power conditioner. No Change.
-I have tried different optic cable, different HDMI Cable. no change.
-I tried connecting the HDMI directly to the T.V., and used the T.v. Optics out to the pioneer. No change.
-I unplugged the Subwoofer out from the Pioneer, Buzzing Gone. So in light of this, I replaced cable, Buzz remains.
-I turned off the Pioneer and noticed the Buzz coming from the subwoofer is still there, even with the Pioneer OFF. I moved the mouse, and sure enough heard the buzzing get louder.

Other items connected to Pioneer without Buzzing issue:
-PS3 Via HDMI, no buzzing issue
-Nintendo WiiU, No buzzing issue.
-Xbox 360, no buzzing issue.
-I even connected a HP laptop VIA HDMI to the Pioneer, and no buzzing issue.

So, the Buzz only happens when a Desk top computer is connected, as well seems to be localized at the subwoofer out RCA port on the pioneer. With the cable disconnected, there is no Buzz, My Behringer amp is silent. And even the low mids on the towers are silent.
The frequency of the Buzz appears to be about 60hz.

Any Ideas as to why this buzz is happening would be greatly appreciated. Please help, thank you for reading.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 Old 11-10-2013, 03:31 AM
585-645-1006

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Quoted: 755 Post(s)
Liked: 1418
Are the sub amps plugged in to the same outlet as the power conditioner?

---------------------------------
"JD" – jd@avscience.com ; shop.avscience.com ; 585-645-1006, AVScience - Authorized dealer for AV Gear 
Mon - Fri: 8am – 8pm EST (Sat/Sun too, will return call if I don't pick up)
Call for pricing on Denon, Marantz, Yamaha, Onkyo, Klipsch, Def Tech, Atlantic Tech
** Think the AVR is defective?  Reset the microprocessor 4-5 times. 
post #3 of 4 Old 11-10-2013, 09:11 AM - Thread Starter

Actually yes the sub amps are. I will now unplug them from the power conditioner and see if the buzz is affected.

post #4 of 4 Old 11-13-2013, 05:20 PM - Thread Starter

Update.

So I have tried isolating the main components and unplugged anything else. I went out and bought a Monster power conditioner, didnt help.

I bought pci sound card, no fix. I then got a usb external sound card, no change. I uninstalled realtek drivers, didnt help. Unplugged anything from the pc  and no change.

Whenever I boot a video game I get these nasty noises. 

Reply Receivers, Amps, and Processors

Tags
Pioneer Sc 1522k 9 2 Channel Av Receiver , Behringer Europower Ep4000 Professional Amplifier
Gear in this thread - 1522k by PriceGrabber.com

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page