Denon 3313-CI Network Card / Motherboard Defects - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

Old 11-10-2013, 08:42 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 10

Well I finally had to give up hoping for a firmware fix or some other magic to resolve my Denon 3313-CI issues.  I would really like my Denon to connect and STAY connected to my network.  It is very frustrating when you invest this much money in a high end receiver to have it be so flaky with a simple wired network connection.

After 10 or so factory resets and wiring and unwiring the network connection, doing firmware updates, more factory or "network resets" which is a joke anyway... it does a full reset in the process and you have to set everything back up again...  I got fed up and I unhooked my Denon and took it into the authorized warranty center here in Houston to hopefully get Denon to replace the faulty hardware that is causing the network issue... I believe it is the network card integrated into the main board.

Now Ive read on the web about other people having problems with the Denon and networking but I have to say I was shocked when I walked into the warranty repair shop to see TWO other audiophiles in there checking in their Denon's as well... you guessed it... network connection issues.... 

What is going on...and why isn't Denon being more forthright about admitting this problem and communicating with its customers???  It appears to be widespread.

Has anyone found a remedy to this... I do not want to hear about resets or anything... I'm talking hardware fix from warranty... what exactly is being replaced... and DOES it FIX the problem... ???

I really need a reliable system going into the holidays...

Any feedback from people that have BEEN where I am and have FIXED this  would be appreciated...

thanks,

Brian

Cypress, TX

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-19-2014, 04:01 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

@brbeardm

I have been having similar networking issues with my 3313ci. I thought it might be temperature related but that doesn't seem to be the case. However, the problem is reoccurring more frequently of late and is most annoying. I haven't been able to get Denon to acknowledge that they have an issue in this area. Were you able to get your receiver repaired to your satisfaction?

Old 02-19-2014, 06:57 PM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 22 Post(s)
Liked: 65
When I bought my 3311 , I had read about the 3310 having all kinds of network issues. Then I started reading the 3311 was plagued with issues as well but there was firmware update available for these issues by the time I bought mine. I updated my firmware as soon as I bought the 3311 and all was well. Then one day no network, I could not even get into the settings at one point. I was going to send it in for warranty and so I went and bought a Yamaha RX-A1000 Aventage to use while the Denon was away. I hooked up the Yamaha and it connected to my network fine ,but then it started to act flaky. The weird part was my desktops, laptops, smartphone's even my oppo worked fine on my network. So I factory reset my router, downloaded the latest firmware and reconfigured it, gave the Denon a static ip address and reserved it on my router and its been fine ever since, which is roughly 18mths. Hopefully this well help in some way. Try borrowing another router from a friend. I currently have a cat6 cable from my router to a switch in my living room and have 5 devices plugged in and all is well. The upside is I have great system in the bedroom now too biggrin.gif

I should add that I have since bought a simple network cable tester and have found some cables that I had made myself were misswired , definitely a device worth having.
Old 02-19-2014, 09:06 PM

@Socketman 

Thanks for the input. However, it probably won't be a router issue as I use my Windows 2008 Server to supply DHCP to the network which I would categorize as enterprise class. About the only thing I haven't tried yet is to assign a static to the AVR just to see if the problem isn't an internal DHCP issue with the Denon. It will work fine for hours/days then suddenly stop working and loose the network connection. Since I use IP control for the AV system it is rather annoying to have the AVR stop responding to volume and on and off commands. A network reset will usually resolve the issue but when you do that the AVR looses all of it's Audyessy settings which is not in the least desirable. This is apparently an ongoing issue for Denon network interfaces as it seems the 10 model had issues in that regard as well. Hopefully someone knows if there is a permanent solution for this as I am reluctant to send my core AV component away for an extended period of time for a repair that may not resolve the problem.

Old 02-19-2014, 09:14 PM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 22 Post(s)
Liked: 65
I am in no way a network expert. What I do know is that when I first started using Windows Media Center my server would lose my Xbox 360 and I would have to search for it and re add it. Since them I use static ip's for all my devices and once the router finds them I reserve that address in the router settings. This has kept my network running rock solid other than the glitch with the denon shortly after I got it. It been many years since I have heard any complaints from the rest of the family. Give it a shot and try a static ip, nothing to loose.

Richard
Old 06-15-2014, 10:56 AM

Liked: 0
Hi,

Did you get your Denon 3313 from repair shop? Is the network problem solved and how?
Mine has the same problem. Sometimes I have to unplug it and wait several minutes and the network works again for couple of hours.
But now it seem that even "network reset doesn't work. The switch link LED doesn't lit anymore. I tried other cables/switches and no luck.
However, the switches are HP Procurve that works very well with a dozen other appliances. Also, the router is a Cisco and seem to work ok.
Only my Denon seem having the network interface dead...

Cheers!

Tags
Denon Avr 3313ci Receiver
Gear in this thread