Asking Advice on Receiver Upgrade - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 1 Old 11-11-2013, 06:24 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
I am wanting to upgrade my receiver, now a Denon AVR-687, on which I run a Pioneer PDP 5070HD. I just bought a Panosonic BDT330 Blu-ray player. Trying to set that up with my old 687 is what led me to consider this upgrade.
I am using ATT Uverse and have ethernet and a wifi home network.
I have a 5.1 speaker set up in the TV room. (I don't know the specs of the speakers)
I also have a CROWN XLS 202 amp that drives: a pair of remote bookshelf speakers in the Living room and two pairs of outside speakers (all have separate volume controls). I don't know the specs on the speakers offhand.

I am a novice at AV. I want to spend under $1000 on the receiver. I want to watch movies on disc, Netflix, Amazon Prime. I have an iPad and I like the Airplay option.
If possible I would prefer to have one receiver control all the remote speakers. Now it requires manually turning on the Crown amp and manual control of the volume of three pairs of speakers. I could manage with three "rooms": TV room, Living Room, and Outside (which has two pairs).
I have a Logitech Harmony Remote and want to control everything I can with that one control.

I see Crutchfield has the Denon AVR-3313CI on sale for $799 and it has a lot of reviews and they are favorable. I'm open to advice, but considering this unit might be a place to start.
thanks for any help you can offer.
Reply Receivers, Amps, and Processors

Tags
Denon Avr 687 7 1 Channel Home Theater Receiver , Denon Avr 3313ci Receiver , Amazon Prime , Netflix , Panasonic Dmpbdt330 Wi Fi Blu Ray Player
Gear in this thread

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page