Looking for an upgrade - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 2 Old 11-13-2013, 08:26 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10

First, let me apologize in advance but, I'm new to this forum and you've probably heard this thousands of times.  I have been pouring over hundreds of threads, reviews, and articles looking for an upgrade to replace my Denon AVR-2105.  I've narrowed it down to two receivers.  The Denon 3313ci or the Yamaha RX-A1020. 

I'm a huge Denon fan and my current system represents my 3rd Denon that's been flawless.  I loved the sound and quality of my last 3 systems.  My only reservation is that the 3313ci "seems" to have issues.  Maybe I'm wrong and/or they've fixed all this with firmware updates.  But, too many times I have read about people returning their 3313ci due to problems or weak/bad sound.  I just don't want to fork out a ton of money for a headache and look to you guys for some help.  As far as the Yamaha, I have no experience with them, but see no reason to dismiss them.  Both these systems represent what I'm looking for in a new receiver (5.1 minimum, 2 hdmi outputs, wired Lan, at least 2 component in/ 1 out, at least 1 composite input and I like the ability to expand my system to 7.1 though I could care less about multi-zones)  and with both of them currently priced the same, I'm having trouble deciding.  Do I go with Denon who I've had a great experience in the past or do I go with Yamaha who "seem" to have less issues?  Thank you.

-John 

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 2 Old 11-15-2013, 09:27 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10

Really?  Nothing?  Would love to hear from the Denon and Yamaha boys.

Reply Receivers, Amps, and Processors

Tags
Denon Avr 3313ci Receiver , Yamaha Rx A1020 7 2 Channel Network Aventage Av Receiver , Denon Avr 2105 7 1 Av Receiver Product Service Evaluation An Article From Sensible Sound
Gear in this thread

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page