Connecting Component Video through TX-NR616 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 2 Old 11-14-2013, 09:50 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10

I recently purchased the 616 when my last receiver finally crashed after 10 years.  Needless to say, a lot has changed since then!

I like the fact that I can now run HDMI along with component video through the receiver so I only have one HDMI going to my television (at least that's my assumption) so I only have to make the switch on the receiver and not have to change inputs on the tv as well.

The problem I'm having is that I'm trying to hook-up my Wii (I haven't played it in months, but because I have it I feel the need to hook it up).  Nintendo might have come out with an HDMI connection by now for the Wii, but I currently have the component cables, which I've connected to the component in and the game audio jacks.  When I switch the receiver to game, I only have audio and no video.

I thought this receiver would upconvert the component to run through the HDMI out?  Is that correct and I just missed a step somewhere?  I see there's component out jacks, which I would prefer not to use so that there's only one cable going to the tv, and one input used.

Any help would be appreciated.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 2 Old 11-14-2013, 01:00 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 374 Post(s)
Liked: 210
Hi jnath92, the NR616 require a 480i signal from component (or composite) in order to up-convert to HDMI (see the chart on page 91 in OM). So you need to set the Wii tv resolution output to "Standard 480i".
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply Receivers, Amps, and Processors

Tags
Wii , Onkyo Tx Nr616

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page