NR 626 Save and recall Settings? - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 1 Old 11-15-2013, 09:24 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
I am a new owner of the NR 626, and after many hours of fiddling with all the various settings, It is now set up for my requirements (with one exception-no Audyssey).

What is the save user settings sequence prior to doing a factory reset? Keys to push and hold at the same time?
What is the recall saved user settings sequence after the reset to factory defaults? Keys to push and hold at the same time"

One of the previous posts on the board indicated keys that are not available on the NR626. Please reference only the NR626 save/ recall.

The exception is the Audyssey calibration does not work, the receiver does ping but does not recognize the speakers at all. I used the manual configuration to set the distances, and ran the level calibration by ear, I do not have a SPL meter. Using the level calibrations and setting them to a relative equal listening level all speakers in my 5.0 setup works.

Additional information on the Audyssey is the routine starts, does the chirp from the left front speaker, then increases the chirp level two additional times (on the left speaker) and gives me an error, no speakers found, all of the data fields are empty. Everything works with the manual level calibrations, so nothing is incorrect on speaker wiring or configurations.

Thus the reason to try a reset to factory and try again. See if I can get the Audyssey to work. Microphone is the ach1hd silver 3.5mm plug, with black cover with a 1/4" knurled band around the middle. Checked with ohm meter the microphone, it reads 1.1k ohms, not sure what the value should be. I do not have another microphone to try to subsitute.

I have updated to the latest firmware version. Current is 1040-7110-0000-0201

I just do not wish to do a reset, and have to go thru all of the many settings again. Thus the request for how to Save and recall.

How is the settings stored in this receiver, I.E. is a rom powered by a button battery the back up source, or does it depend on the storage capacity of some internal capacitor?
If the latter, how long can the power be removed before all is lost?

Unit is less than two week old.

Thanks in advance Bob

Tnx...BobFlyer
Reply Receivers, Amps, and Processors

Tags
Onkyo Tx Nr626 7 2 Channel Network Audio Video Receiver
Gear in this thread

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page