Hooking Logitech Z-2300 satellite speakers to AVR - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 2 Old 11-15-2013, 11:01 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Hello all,

I am in the process of accumulating all the necessary components for my home theater. I have a Denon X1000 AVR, Panasonic TC-65PS64, and a Power Sound Audio XV30 subwoofer. I also have a pair of Arx A3rx-c and one A2rx-c on order and therein lies my problem...

I pulled the trigger on the XV30 because it was in PSA's outlet center and $200 off. I wanted to get my speakers first and then buy the sub, but you gotta do what you gotta do sometimes smile.gif I have this giant sub sitting in my living room and no speakers to go with it to see how it sounds. I have a pair of Logitech Z-2300 satellites laying around, but they connect via RCA plugs. Is there any way to hook these up to the AVR so I can "play" with my new sub?

Sorry in advance if this is a complete noob question as I am just getting into HT and want to be as safe as possible with connections so I don't end up frying one of my expensive components. Thanks!

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 2 Old 11-15-2013, 08:35 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 9 Post(s)
Liked: 10
I know years ago, like back in the 70's, a lot of stereos used to connect the speakers this way. If the speakers have wires leading to a male RCA plug, you could cut the plug off. If I recall correctly, the pin in the center should be the + and the outside should be the -. If the speakers just have a female RCA jack, like what is on the back of your receiver for the analog input of a CD player, tape deck, etc, then you would need a male RCA plug that you can solder speaker wires to. Radio Shack may still carry what you need but it's hard to tell anymore. They also used to sell male RCA plugs that had the speaker wires already connected to them. I would recommend using wire no smaller than 18 gauge. If not, a local electronics supply store may have what you need. If not you can always check ebay for a vintage electronics supplier. I don't think you will damage anything as long as you don't short any of the wires together. The sub should connect with a standard RCA male to RCA male cord. Just don't turn it up too loud as you may damage the speakers if your receiver is rated for more power than the speakers can handle. I hope this helps.
Reply Receivers, Amps, and Processors

Tags
Logitech Z2300
Gear in this thread - Z2300 by PriceGrabber.com

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page