AVR that can simulataneously out put 3 sources? - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 4 Old 11-16-2013, 06:47 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
I have 3 plasmas that I want to put on a wall in the playroom hooked up to 3 separate cable boxes so I can watch 3 games at once, although only1 will have audio at any given time. I had been looking at the Denon avr3313 which has 3 hdmi outputs, but now I understand it can only output 2 separate sources.

Can anyone recommend a receiver that can simultaneously output 3 separate sources to 3 tvs? Thanks in advance!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 Old 11-16-2013, 10:46 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Liked: 81
No AV receiver supports three independent HDMI outputs, but it wouldn't work the way you expect it to either. Each of the HDMI outputs would be in a different zone, which would require a seperate of set speakers if you wanted to hear anything from the receiver in that zone. You couldn't switch the HDMI audio routed to the main zone speakers without switching the HDMI video sent to the main zone display to the same source.

The easier way to do what you want is to connect the video from the cable boxes directly to the displays, and run a digital audio cable or stereo analogue audio cables to your receiver. That will work with any receiver. Since cable boxes generally only support stereo PCM or Dolby Digital audio over HDMI you won't lose any audio quality by using a digital audio cable.
post #3 of 4 Old 11-16-2013, 04:58 PM
585-645-1006

Mentioned: 13 Post(s)
Quoted: 1382 Post(s)
Liked: 1598
The (3) HDMI monitor outputs on the 3313CI pass (2) to the main zone (eg. HDTV and PJ) with the same input source and (1) to Zone 2 with an independent HDMI source. If you input one of the sources via component video, the flagship Denon AVR-4520CI can do (2) independent HDMI inputs and (1) independent component video input to (3) separate displays, 2- HDMI, 1 - Component video.

---------------------------------
"JD" – jd@avscience.com ; shop.avscience.com ; 585-645-1006, AVScience - Authorized dealer for AVRs, Speakers, etc. 
Daily 8am – 8pm EST (Sat/Sun too if you leave message)
Call for pricing on Denon, Marantz, Yamaha, Pioneer Elite, Def Tech, Atlantic Tech, Oppo
** Think the AVR is defective?  Reset the microprocessor 4-5 times. 
post #4 of 4 Old 11-23-2013, 06:33 PM - Thread Starter

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Thanks for the responses
Reply Receivers, Amps, and Processors

Tags
Denon Avr 3313ci Receiver
Gear in this thread

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version