Found a great deal on a receiver and now I can't decide if I want to use it for main setup or bonus room setup. Yamaha RXV673 or Pioneer VSX-1122-K - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 3 Old 11-21-2013, 07:45 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
I had a decent setup with 7.2 surround sound and was using a Yamaha RX673 as my main unit. I had no issues with it and it sounded really good for my movies. We are in the process of moving and have most of our things in storage. (still have a few weeks until we move in) I have not watched a movie since we movie b/c I have to have my surround sound.

I have some extra speakers, center, and a sub to set up a SS system in our bonus room in our new house so I was looking out for a inexpensive 5.1 receiver.

I came across a open box Pioneer VSX-1122-K for less than 200 bucks and bought it. I was playing around with it and it sounds really good and has all of the same features as my Yamaha that I love.

Now I cannot figure out which one to put in the bonus room (kids playroom with 40" led hdtv) and which to put in our living room ( family room off kitchen and main entertaining area with 65" Panasonic Plasma)

http://www.pioneerelectronics.com/PUSA/Home/AV-Receivers/Pioneer+Receivers/VSX-1122-K

http://usa.yamaha.com/products/audio-visual/av-receivers-amps/rx/rx-v673_black_u/?mode=model

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 Old 11-21-2013, 07:52 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 166 Post(s)
Liked: 556
Quote:
I had a decent setup with 7.2 surround sound and was using a Yamaha RX673 as my main unit. ... I came across a open box Pioneer VSX-1122-K for less than 200 bucks and bought it. ... Now I cannot figure out which one to put in the bonus room ... and which to put in our living room ...
Try both receivers out in both rooms and go with the set-ups that sound best to you / work best for you. smile.gif
post #3 of 3 Old 11-21-2013, 10:32 PM
585-645-1006

Mentioned: 14 Post(s)
Quoted: 1486 Post(s)
Liked: 1617
Each uses a different speaker EQ system so as suggested, your best bet is to try them both as only you can decide which you prefer.

---------------------------------
"JD" – jd@avscience.com ; shop.avscience.com ; 585-645-1006, AVScience - Authorized dealer for AVRs, Speakers, etc. 
Daily 8am – 8pm EST (Sat/Sun too if you leave message)
Call for pricing - Denon, Marantz, Yamaha, Pioneer, Onkyo, Def Tech, Atlantic Tech, Oppo
** Think the AVR is defective?  Reset the microprocessor 4-5 times. 
Reply Receivers, Amps, and Processors

Tags
Pioneer Vsx 1122 K

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page