TX-NR727 VS TX-N626 - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 5 Old 11-22-2013, 12:29 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
I'm need to get a new receiver for my new HD tv setup. I currently have and HTR-6160 which is basically the V663. It cannot pass through BTB, WTW, or 3d. I was hoping I could bypass that by using a splitter however, my HTPC's video card doesn't support splitting the signal so I need a new system.

I am looking at getting a refurbished NRX2X series It has all the connections I want including Phono and component.

To my question is the 727 worth the additional $180 price tag? Is it that much better?

Is there a better option that has the same features that I want in a similar price range. $350 refurb N626 $530 refurb N727. I'm willing to take suggestions.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 Old 11-22-2013, 04:25 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 93 Post(s)
Liked: 57
I would strongly recommend you avoid Onkyo... They have not been reliable, having all sorts of issues every year since 2008... HDM board failures, amp failures, bad IDE connectors, display board issues... I had three Onkyos and all three failed....

If it's not a BIG screen, it's not a theater...
post #3 of 5 Old 11-22-2013, 05:28 PM

Liked: 11

I purchased the TX-NR616 from Fry's for 319.99 and IT FREAKING ROCKS! It brought my HT to life. It got very mixed reviews about quality....all I can say is I have had it for 2 months now, and I have not had any problems. Don't let anyone scare you away from Onkyo! I am somewhat of an audiophile, and I cannot imagine a more expensive receiver making my system sound any better. It even makes my HTIB 8" Sony sub sound great. I can't wait to get a better sub!

post #4 of 5 Old 11-22-2013, 06:30 PM - Thread Starter

Liked: 10
I'm not stuck on Onkyo by any means but from what I have seen it seems to meet my requirements at the right price. If there is another system that would work as well I'd get it. Since the 626 doesn't have the THX in it I wonder how much different it is.
post #5 of 5 Old 01-08-2014, 09:24 AM

Liked: 11
I'm actually in the same situation, and hopefully this will "bump" this thread so we can get more replies. I'd like to hear from owners of these two receivers, to see if the 727 is worth the ~$300 extra. Planning on using either of these receivers (or whatever receiver I buy; also considering Yamaha and Denon receivers in the same price range) with a Fluance XL- or ES-series speaker package.

Thanks in advance!
Reply Receivers, Amps, and Processors

Tags
Onkyo Tx Nr626 7 2 Channel Network Audio Video Receiver , Onkyo Tx Nr727 7 2 Channel Network Audio Video Receiver , Yamaha Htr 6160bl 665 Watt 7 1 Channel Home Theater Receiver
Gear in this thread

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page