Bedroom Setup: Need Feedback - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

Old 12-05-2013, 03:27 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10

Hi everyone! I've just completed the setup of my bedroom setup, and I would like some feedback on things you'd change, things you don't like, etc.

All photos were taken with the Nokia Lumia 1020:

Equipment:

Receiver: Marantz NR-1403

L/R Speakers: Bowers and Wilkins 685B

Center Speaker: Energy CB-10

Subwoofer: Klipsch RW-12ii
Media: Xbox One Day One Edition

Power Management:
CyberPower CP1500PFCLCD PFC Sinewave UPS 1500VA 900W
Belkin PF-30 PureAV Power Conditioner

I will be swapping out the Energy Center Channel with a Definitive Technology ProCenter 1000, and the Energy's (I have two) will serve as the rear L/R drivers.

I settled on the CyberPower CP1500 because for it's price, you get a UPC that has enough capacity to handle most amplifiers(definitely overkill for mine), has a deep reserve, but most importantly outputs a pure sine wave whether it is on AC or battery reserve.

Also, I am waiting on a SurgeX SEQ to arrive; found one on eBay for $175, tested and working, with just a minor dent on the rack mount ear (which was so minor that some vice grips could fix it). I will be setting the SurgeX as the initial power carrier from the wall, which will then feed into the UPS, which will then feed to the Belkin Power Conditioner, before being distributed to the Xbox, and the receiver. I guess that the seller (who works at a guitar shop) didn't know what they were selling, because there is no way that a perfectly working SurgeX SEQ sells for anything under $1k.

What do you guys think?

Info on SurgeX SEQ:
http://www.surgex.com/products/rackmount-sequencers-product-line.html

More Pictures:

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-05-2013, 05:42 AM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 204 Post(s)
Liked: 587
Quote:
I've just completed the setup of my bedroom setup, and I would like some feedback on things you'd change, things you don't like, etc.
. . .
I will be swapping out the Energy Center Channel with a Definitive Technology ProCenter 1000 ...
1. Nice, compact set-up! cool.gif

2. I'd replace your current CC bookshelf speaker with another one of the B&W bookshelf speakers you're using as mains, or with the matching B&W CC speaker.

3. And I'd replace the Klipsch sub with an SVS PB-1000 ($499, shipped, with free return shipping within 45 days) for greater extension (and possibly greater output as well).

Just my 2¢... smile.gif
.SKITTLE. likes this.
Old 12-05-2013, 01:29 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by eljaycanuck View Post

2. I'd replace your current CC bookshelf speaker with another one of the B&W bookshelf speakers you're using as mains, or with the matching B&W CC speaker.

3. And I'd replace the Klipsch sub with an SVS PB-1000 ($499, shipped, with free return shipping within 45 days) for greater extension (and possibly greater output as well).

Just my 2¢... smile.gif

Quote:
Originally Posted by eljaycanuck View Post

Just my 2¢...

1) Thank you :D

2) I want to do that in the future but finding one for cheap is hard. But you're right; I'm hoping the timbre of the ProCenter is at least a little closer than the Energy :o

3) WHY DID I NOT SEE THAT ONE WHEN I BOUGHT MY KLIPSCH?!?!?!?!

Tags
Marantz Nr1403 Slim Line Av Receiver