Basic Receiver Question.. - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 7 Old 12-08-2013, 08:06 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
I just bought a Yamaha RX-V673 receiver and was under the impression that any of the inputs (HDMI / Component / Composite) would be sent through the receivers HDMI out to the tv.

I found that only the HDMI passed through the HDMI out whereas component inputs still required a component out and did not pass through the HDMI out.

I am liking at returning the receiver now in favour of one that will convert all of the inputs through HDMI. Is there something specifically I should be looking for in a receivers description to show that it has this function?

Any recommendations for receivers in the $300-$350 range that could handle this would be great!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 Old 12-08-2013, 08:54 AM
AVS Addicted Member

Quoted: 207 Post(s)
Liked: 388
Look for a receiver with analog to HDMI video conversion. I'm surprised the 673 doesn't do this.

Where are you located? If you live near a Fry's Electronics they have the Denon e400 7.1 receiver on sale for $299, normally $599.
http://www.frys.com/product/7588896

You can actually but it online too if you don't live near a Fry's store. Sale ends Thursday but they usually run out of online stock before then. You should buy it today while in stock if seriously interested it returning your Yamaha.

This receiver only has one component video input so if you need more than that look for a different receiver, perhaps the Denon 2312.
http://www.accessories4less.com/make-a-store/item/DENAVR2312CI/DENON-AVR-2312CI-7.2-Integrated-Network-A/V-Surround-Receiver/1.html

Denon e400 page
http://usa.denon.com/us/Product/Pages/ProductDetail.aspx?PCatId=AVSolutions(DenonNA)&CatId=AVReceivers(DenonNA)&Pid=AVRE400(DenonNA)

Afro GT
post #3 of 7 Old 12-09-2013, 11:59 AM

Be careful as well the new Denon line, i believe, only allows for one component input so if you have more than that you may want to look at one of the older models. But the Denon brands are great and that is what I install for all my customers. 

again if you only have one component input then I would go with the e400 they are great receivers.

post #4 of 7 Old 12-09-2013, 04:29 PM - Thread Starter

Thank you both so much for the input! I think I Ann leaving towards the e400. My only concern is whether or not I should wait for the new receivers coming out with HDMI 2.0. I am looking to get a projector within the next 6 months or so. The sensible part of me knows that 4k will probably be too expensive to justify then though.

Even if I get a 1080p projector I wonder if I should look to a receiver with dual outputs. Thanks
post #5 of 7 Old 12-09-2013, 08:04 PM
AVS Addicted Member

dual outputs wouldn't be a bad idea, especially if you plan to use your projector alternatively with a flat panel TV. Saves you the trouble of switching cables or buying a switchbox.

Afro GT
post #6 of 7 Old 12-09-2013, 08:28 PM - Thread Starter

I think I have actually narrowed my choice down to the Denon AVR E400 & the Denon 2113.

I have tried to go back and forth between the Owner's Threads that are here on AVS and so far the only major discernible difference I see is that the 2113 has the MultEQ XT vs the MultEQ.

Any opinion between these two?

After doing a little looking I've put less emphasis on the two outputs as I found I can use an HDMI splitter when I get the projector hooked up.

post #7 of 7 Old 12-10-2013, 12:05 AM
AVS Addicted Member

if they're the same price get the 2113. Audyssey MultEQ XT makes a difference over MultEQ.

plus you get a 3 year warranty on new 2113's. 2 year on new e400s.

Afro GT
Reply Receivers, Amps, and Processors

Tags
Yamaha Rx V673 Receiver , Denon Avr 2312ci Receiver , Denon Avr E400
Gear in this thread - 2312ci by PriceGrabber.com

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page