AVS Forum banner

Denon AVR3312 w/ Samsung un60f6300afxza HELP!

1K views 8 replies 2 participants last post by  bhbrew 
#1 ·

Ok guys...

I am having problems getting things setup. Everything was working, girlfriend bought me a new TV, and now nothing works.... I have all devices via HDMI to my Denon, one HDMI out to HDMI 2 on the Samsung. 

Now here is the tricky part. All research on my Samsung (mostly online) says that this TV does not have ARC support. But the online chat agent and the 1-800-SAMSUNG agent says that the TV does... 

doing most of my testing with my DVD player as I do not have cable/and or satellite. DVD sounds works fine through AMP, but I am not getting video. Which from everything I have read is the complete opposite of what everyone else is saying.

Any help would be appreciated. If in fact this TV does not support ARC then I will return and get one that does.

Thanks in advance.

See less See more
#2 ·

I don't think it is a problem with ARC. ARC is the Audio Return Channel, meaning that if something is plugged into the TV first instead of the receiver then it will pass the audio down to the receiver using the ARC output on the TV.

Seems to me that you may have an issue with the HDMI cable.

After reading it again I guess the question would be are you trying to send the audio to the TV with ARC?

#3 ·
Ok so.. I unplugged HDMI from ARC port on AVR, and plugged into different port, audio and video work properly... Real concern is that my internal apps from smarTV won't play audio through AVR... Netflix, etc... And worried my over-air antenna won't send audio through AVR when the time comes...

#4 ·

Okay that's what I needed to know... sometimes the ARC functionality can be tricky to work properly no matter the device I would recommend just running an optical cable from the TV to the receiver (most TV's and receivers have them) and that will take care of the audio from your antenna and Smart TV.

#6 ·

No actually optical is a digital signal it is just as good as HDMI. The only way you would get it to push just stereo is if you were using RCA cables... even then your receiver can process that audio and make it into a 5.1 signal (obviously not as good as a complete digital signal)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.