AVR 247 HDMI won't work with my NEW Panasonic 65ZT plasma - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 7 Old 12-13-2013, 09:40 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
I just replaced a SONY SXRD DLP with a New Panasonic 65ZT plasma. The AVR247 won't pass the HD through to the TV. It's hooked up the same way as my old HDTV. I DID use to have
to turn the AVR247 off on the old TV and back on sometimes when there was SOUND but no picture... ALL this does is show a blue screen and then it's black. I AM using the HDMI cable that came with
the Panasonic. Could the cable be the problem? Anyone have any ideas. Thanks for your time.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 Old 12-13-2013, 12:42 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 325 Post(s)
Liked: 400
Yes, the cable could be the problem. Another possibility is that the TV or the receiver HDMI circuits are damaged.

The first thing to do is to make sure the cable is completely seated at both ends. Press on them firmly. It's hard to tell from just looking if the connectors are in all the way and making a good contact.

Then try connecting to other HDMI inputs on the TV. Although only one can provide ARC (audio return channel) they all should work for video. You can test the TV's inputs with whatever other HDMI device you have: a Blu-ray player or cable TV box, first using that same cable, and if it fails, with the cables they were originally using. If both cables fail, it's likely the TV that's not working.

If you decide to get a new cable, make sure it's certified "High Speed". While some short "Standard Speed" cables will work for HD, some won't. You don't need to spend a fortune to get a good cable. Some people on AVS like to order cables from either Monoprice or Blue Jeans Cable.

I hope these suggestions help a little.

Selden
post #3 of 7 Old 12-23-2013, 09:29 PM - Thread Starter

I was able to get a new hdmi cable from mono price. 3d support. 18gbps....that did the trick. Thanks
post #4 of 7 Old 12-24-2013, 11:10 AM
AVS Special Member

Great!
You're very welcome.

Selden
post #5 of 7 Old 12-27-2013, 09:17 AM - Thread Starter

NOW I just found out my subwoofer does NOT have any output even though it is POWERED on....checked the fuse..the line is the same...I wonder why
changing an HDMI cable would affect the subwoofer. The KLIPSCH sub light is red when the receiver is off...when all is turned on...I have a blue light...just NO output to the woofer....any ideas? Thank in advanced
post #6 of 7 Old 12-27-2013, 10:16 AM - Thread Starter

I just did a speaker test from remote and apparently it goes through all the speakers and you just hear a loud HISS.....all the speakers have output except the SW SubWoofer....I guess I'll change the cable out...NOT sure where my settings should
be on my 10 inch KLIPSCH SW.... it shows knobs for GAIN LOWPASS PHASE either 0 or 180 and then a switch for auto or on...I have tried all settings in case they were moved.... ALSO...for got to explain....the HDMI cable OUTPUT is coming from Motorola DVR like
it always has...to the AVR247....
post #7 of 7 Old 12-27-2013, 02:06 PM
AVS Special Member

Changing the HDMI cable can't affect only the subwoofer. It'd affect all of the speakers equally. All 8 audio channels are sent over the same wires as the video, during the video's "vertical blanking interval".

Edited to add: I'd check to make sure the subwoofer cable is still tightly seated at both ends and that the cable hasn't been damaged.

Initial subwoofer settings should be with Gain about 50%, LowPass at the highest possible frequency, Phase at 0. During the EzSet/EQ setup, the sub should be on constantly: put the Auto switch in the On position. After EQ has finished, set it to "Auto".

Edited to add:

The EZsetup procedure should complain if it can't detect the subwoofer.

After running the EQ setup, check to make sure all of the speakers are set to be "Small". For the best sound, you should change that setting to "Small" if it is set to "Large". "Small" really means "enable bass management for this speaker". If all the speakers are set to "Large", the sub won't be used for anything but LFE.

Selden
Reply Receivers, Amps, and Processors

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page