What is missing in this industry is obvious (or am I missing something) - Page 8 - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #211 of 218 Old 12-19-2013, 10:27 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 19
Quote:
Originally Posted by arnyk View Post

What high horse?
The fact that you needed to even ask that question is a lot more about you than I.
Sounds like MI.

My first 18" sub was in a 14 cube ported box tuned to 22 Hz. with a slight bump up to get flat at 20 Hz. It was so efficient that I often used it with a 12 wpc amp, even though it could take the better part of a killowatt no sweat.
OK, that is about your preferences and prejudices, not any such limitations of technology.
Nice to know your background.

That would be just part of my background - a more recent part.
Been there, done that starting with mainframes in the 1960s and continuing through modern LANs.
Yeah, and I saw how you dismissed the objective evidence that seemed to run against your prejudices.

If you haven't noticed the thread is going heavily against you, way against you. Do you think that you are that much smarter/better educated than everybody else?

Denial ain't just a river in Egypt! ;-)[/quote]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bun-Bun View Post

The high horse that you seem to think you are better than everyone else with comments such as "It was used by the local AES chapter for presentations and demonstrations. So my ears are used to clean, loud, extended bass." indicating that your experience makes your preference better than mine or anyone elses.
MI?
That's nice.

Actually thinking on this again. If you were working on mainframes in the 60's that would make you... ~70 years old (at the very least 60). Have you had your ears checked lately?
Actually you didn't present any evidence. Just hinted to that you have evidence.
Actually if you look back to a previous post of mine I claimed where I wasn't qualified to explain something. I am not an acoustical engineer nor would I ever claim to be one or that I fully understand the laws of acoustical physics. Nor am I an electrical engineer.

You on the other do seem to think you are that much smarter/better than everyone else on here.
You should read what you write sometimes.

Finally, you do not have my ears or my preferences. That does not make me any better or worse than you simply that our opinions are different.

Did somebody mean The Nile (As in the Nile River)? LMOA!!!! This is freakin priceless!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #212 of 218 Old 12-19-2013, 11:02 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 31 Post(s)
Liked: 101
I participated early on in this thread - its become a train-wreck.
Bun-Bun will never get his $300 prepro - ain't nobody going to build one just for you. Get used to that idea. If/when the rest of humanity starts clamoring for a $300 prepro there will be $300 prepros on the shelf just waiting for you and everyone else to buy one. Until that day comes you are either relegated to the used AVR market or something like a used UMC-1 or -200 or the Outlaw 975.

When I was working at Boeing years ago (I'm retired) I was an inspector - I inspected parts - processes - and the finished product too. On my desk was a sign that read: Arguing with QA is like wrestling with a pig in the mud - sooner or later you figure out the pig is enjoying it.

Question: Who is playing the role of the pig?

I think this thread has gone on as long as it has simply because of one person's needs... There are no new answers - no revelations - nothing but arguing over whom said what.
Bill Mac likes this.

When all else fails - RTFM!

♫♫♫ Two Channel Rules! ♫♫♫

GO SEAHAWKS!!!
post #213 of 218 Old 12-19-2013, 11:07 AM
FMW
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 279 Post(s)
Liked: 713
At this point the group is simply dealing with an argumentative troll. Not much point in it.
Bill Mac and Knucklehead90 like this.
post #214 of 218 Old 12-19-2013, 11:30 AM
AVS Addicted Member

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 191
Quote:
Originally Posted by FMW View Post

At this point the group is simply dealing with an argumentative troll. Not much point in it.

From my experience it's more like a posse hunting down a stranger so they can right the world. Although in reality the only ones who really care is the posse itself. Those they are protecting by pointing out various nit picks (often not even related to the topic at hand) couldn't care less. The only service they provide is self-serving. 

chashint and Tkaya like this.

| 
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
|
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
|
|
post #215 of 218 Old 12-19-2013, 11:35 AM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 16
Quote:
Originally Posted by DarthDoxie View Post

Not so much an industry problem as the market has changed...either accept it and move on or continue to bang your head against the wall.

+1

You are not going to solve this by complaining on AVS. For a number of reasons (cost, customer demand, complexity, profitability), manufacturers don't want to put pre-outs on $300 AVR's. It's not personal. There are a few options but you complain that cost to ship to Canada is too high. That is a separate issue. As DarthDoxie says "either accept it and move on or continue to bang your head against the wall".
post #216 of 218 Old 12-19-2013, 11:52 AM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 5 Post(s)
Liked: 71
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bun-Bun View Post

Exactly. Which is why I hope they are successful or the big guys start helping fill this void.

For clarification, you stated this;
Quote:
Emotiva is successful and come out with more processors at different price points and feature sets.

Just wanted to point this out. You had stated that they were already successful. (in your post previous to mine) Did you mean that they were already successful releasing a product that was bug-free as the big players, or simply successful releasing a processor of any kind regardless of its reliability or feature set?
post #217 of 218 Old 12-19-2013, 12:29 PM
AVS Addicted Member

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Quoted: 1448 Post(s)
Liked: 1715
Quote:
Originally Posted by Knucklehead90 View Post

On my desk was a sign that read: Arguing with QA is like wrestling with a pig in the mud - sooner or later you figure out the pig is enjoying it.

LOL!  Fabulous! And so true. I guess every industry has the equivalent of QA.

post #218 of 218 Old 12-19-2013, 01:04 PM

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 28
Quote:
Originally Posted by kma100 View Post

+1

You are not going to solve this by complaining on AVS. For a number of reasons (cost, customer demand, complexity, profitability), manufacturers don't want to put pre-outs on $300 AVR's. It's not personal. There are a few options but you complain that cost to ship to Canada is too high. That is a separate issue. As DarthDoxie says "either accept it and move on or continue to bang your head against the wall".

Time to lock this tread, nothing more to accomplish by beating this dead horse.

Vizio M551D -- Denon 1613 -- Vizio 3D Blu-ray

I find your lack of schadenfreude disturbing.

Reply Receivers, Amps, and Processors

Tags
Yamaha Rx V3900bl Receiver
Gear in this thread

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page