Choices - Yami RX-A730/Pioneer VSX-70/Denon AVR-X2000/Marantz NR-1604 - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 4 Old 12-17-2013, 09:45 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Well hello !

I really need AVS'ers expertise and knowledge in making the choice on an AVR. cool.gif

There are so many options out there and I think I have decided on these receivers, I am coming from an ONKYO 805 which I LOVE! never had problems with it until (user error) my wife broke the subwoofer output (don't ask) - now no subwoofer output. can't stand not using my SVS PB12/NSD+2 ! eek.gif

I have read a lot of bad stuff about ONKYO so I don't think I want to take this road. but I was highly considering the TX-NR818, but it looks like I'm going to use another brand.

WHICH ONE?! that is the question. I will only be using this for Blu-ray and some occasional Gaming and Listening to Music.
I need something that will give me an awesome experience with movies. It will be powering the following;

Fronts - Klipsch RF-52
Center - Klipsch RC-62
Rears - Klipsch RS-52
SUB - SVS PB12-NSD/2

I need something that will give a good punch while watching movies - I realize these receivers are entry-level budget so which one will give the best experience for movies?
Is Yamahas YPAO superior to MCAAC or Audyssey MultiEQ? do I really need 4k passthrough?

any input would be helpful!
Thanks!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 Old 12-31-2013, 08:09 PM

Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Liked: 94
Quote:
Originally Posted by mauly View Post

Well hello !

I really need AVS'ers expertise and knowledge in making the choice on an AVR. cool.gif

There are so many options out there and I think I have decided on these receivers, I am coming from an ONKYO 805 which I LOVE! never had problems with it until (user error) my wife broke the subwoofer output (don't ask) - now no subwoofer output. can't stand not using my SVS PB12/NSD+2 ! eek.gif

I have read a lot of bad stuff about ONKYO so I don't think I want to take this road. but I was highly considering the TX-NR818, but it looks like I'm going to use another brand.

WHICH ONE?! that is the question. I will only be using this for Blu-ray and some occasional Gaming and Listening to Music.
I need something that will give me an awesome experience with movies. It will be powering the following;

Fronts - Klipsch RF-52
Center - Klipsch RC-62
Rears - Klipsch RS-52
SUB - SVS PB12-NSD/2

I need something that will give a good punch while watching movies - I realize these receivers are entry-level budget so which one will give the best experience for movies?
Is Yamahas YPAO superior to MCAAC or Audyssey MultiEQ? do I really need 4k passthrough?

any input would be helpful!
Thanks!

To consider - I thought about this 4k passthrough and figured out this was a total waste of thought. As example - if you have media player such as Oppo it has two HDMI out. One can go to your AVR for audio and the other to the TV itself and thus bypass entirely the AVR for the video function. In the future we can expect players out there (Oppo comes to mind) that are made with 4K etc. in mind and the smart makers will have two HDMI out as mentioned but the video may be even better.

As for what to get, probably the Denon 2000 would be a good fit with better EQ than Yamaha. I have a Marantz NR1604 that serves me well and my next AVR most likely an Anthem MRX 510 which has less bells and whistles but better EQ tools. Most of my bells and whistles can be found on the devices that attach to my Marantz - Oppo 103, Panasonic plasma (VT50) and even my TiVo 3. With items like Roku, HTPC (XBMC, JRiver, Plex) and more ...AVRs don't need much of the fluff items just focus on great audio play and video pass through if required. - just more peanuts from the gallery.
post #3 of 4 Old 01-01-2014, 02:02 AM
FMW
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 130 Post(s)
Liked: 641
No 4K passthrough is not necessary. You simply get a 4K player with two HDMI outputs - one to the receiver for audio and one to the TV for video.
post #4 of 4 Old 01-01-2014, 05:26 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 13 Post(s)
Liked: 77
I'd go with the Denon myself, but the Yamaha would be a very close second. The deciding factor for me would be that Audyssey will EQ the sub whereas YPAO on the 730 will not.
Reply Receivers, Amps, and Processors

Tags
Denon Avr X2000 7 1 Channel Home Theater Receiver , Marantz Nr1604 Slim Line 7 1 Network Receiver , Pioneer Elite Vsx 70 , Yamaha Rx A730 7 2 Channel Network Aventage Home Theater Receiver , Onkyo Tx Nr818 , Onkyo Tx Sr805 7 1 Channel Home Theater Receiver Silver , Klipsch Reference Series Rf 52 , Klipsch Rc62 Black 2 Way Center Channel Speaker , Svs Pb12 Nsd Black Vinyl 12 Inch Powered Subwoofer
Gear in this thread

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page