No Subs... - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 3 Old 12-19-2013, 08:27 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 13
Not sure where to post this question, since everything is hooked up to the AVR's, I'll start here...

I have two systems setup, when watching the same episode of the same show on Netflix I get different sound decoding between the two systems...

System #1 (Bedroom)
Sony BDP-S790 connected with an HDMI cable to a Denon AVR-3313ci

System #2 (Living room)
Oppo BDP-103 connected with an HDMI cable to a Yamaha RXA-2020

When using system #1 the AVR shows input as Multi Channel In. Everything works and sounds great.

When using system #2 the AVR shows Dolby Pro Logic, Adaptive DRC. The Subs don't work, sounds like crap.

Both BDP's have the output set to Bitstream so I don't think the issue is there. I would like to get the subs in system #2 to fire, any ideas?

A government that robs Peter to pay Paul can always depend on the support of Paul.
Where I work... www.rpm-psi.com
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 Old 12-19-2013, 11:52 PM
585-645-1006

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Quoted: 766 Post(s)
Liked: 1428
In addition to setting the BDP to "bitstream" you must also ensure the Secondary Audio or Mix setting is disabled as well. In system #1, a front panel display of "Multi CH IN" indicates the Sony is decoding the audio and passing it as PCM rather than bitstreaming it and in system #2 the Oppo is only passing a Stereo signal. In both instances you need to reset each BDP while connected to the AVRs and then set them to Bitstream/Secondary Audio/Mix (off) as you likely simply moved them from being connected directly to the TV to the AVR.

---------------------------------
"JD" – jd@avscience.com ; shop.avscience.com ; 585-645-1006, AVScience - Authorized dealer for AV Gear 
Mon - Fri: 8am – 8pm EST (Sat/Sun too, will return call if I don't pick up)
Call for pricing on Denon, Marantz, Yamaha, Onkyo, Klipsch, Def Tech, Atlantic Tech
** Think the AVR is defective?  Reset the microprocessor 4-5 times. 
post #3 of 3 Old 12-20-2013, 10:09 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 13
Quote:
Originally Posted by jdsmoothie View Post

In addition to setting the BDP to "bitstream" you must also ensure the Secondary Audio or Mix setting is disabled as well. In system #1, a front panel display of "Multi CH IN" indicates the Sony is decoding the audio and passing it as PCM rather than bitstreaming it and in system #2 the Oppo is only passing a Stereo signal. In both instances you need to reset each BDP while connected to the AVRs and then set them to Bitstream/Secondary Audio/Mix (off) as you likely simply moved them from being connected directly to the TV to the AVR.
Interesting, I'll have to check the second audio and mix settings. I will do the reset on each of the BDP's, but neither has ever been plugged directly into a TV...

A government that robs Peter to pay Paul can always depend on the support of Paul.
Where I work... www.rpm-psi.com
Reply Receivers, Amps, and Processors

Tags
Oppo Bdp 103 3d Blu Ray Player , Denon Avr 3313ci Receiver , Yamaha Rx A2020 9 2 Channel Network Aventage Av Receiver , Sony Blu Ray Disc Player Bdp S790
Gear in this thread

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page