Denon X4000 HDMI control bug? - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 1 Old 12-21-2013, 02:18 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10

An issue I have with my new Denon X4000 is that when I enable HDMI control on the X4000 itself, the audio drops for a fraction of a second every 2 minutes (precisely every 2 minutes)!! It's very annoying... I wanted to trace the issue so I updated the firmware, tried a processor reset but nothing... Then I realized the only thing I changed before this issue happened was to turn on HDMI control on the X4000.

I have a projector connected to the MONITOR 1 hdmi output and a Denon DBT-3313 bluray connected to the bluray hdmi port of the X4000. Both the projector and the bluray have HDMI control turned on so I can use the projector remote control, which has backside illumination, to pause and play the bluray. Unfortunately the volume controls are not working though if I have to keep the X4000 hdmi control off..

Please can someone try to reproduce the issue?

Thanks

/as a side note when updating the firmware of the X4000, the projector turned itself off after 30 mins because there was no signal from the Denon (as the GUI doesn't work during updates), thus turning off (in standby mode actually) the Denon as well. Even though it's stated that the Denon should not be turned off while doing a firmware update, the X4000 front display still kept downloading the firmware and then installing it. Apparently it all went well as no new firmware shows up if I check for it and doing a processor reset didn't reset the firmware to the original one either...

The HDMI control issue that I stated above happened before this anyway but do you have any thoughts on this firmware update thing as well? Do you think something went wrong?

Reply Receivers, Amps, and Processors

Tags
Denon Avr X4000 7 2 Channel Home Theater Receiver , Denon Blu Ray Disc Player Dbt 3313udci
Gear in this thread

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page