Just bought the Marantz SR5008 - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 9 Old 12-21-2013, 09:41 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 6 Post(s)
Liked: 12
Well not true this is my second one this week the first one didn't work right so i gave them a second chance. The first one had a video defect and marantz support couldn't trouble shoot the problem even the Hard Reset didn't even work , so I returned it to the store and bought another one.
So far so good it's only been a few hours in and it's just ok to me , but i'm not a tech.y guy nor now what to look for in a receiver I don't have wifi in it yet or blue ray. Just the tv and with the surround.I don't know what I should be looking for, a better pic. for the tv, a better sound coming out of my Cambridge Soundworks speakers. I thought my 10 yr. old Onkyo was great till it died on me. I'v heard great things about the Marantz sr5008 so i bought one but i just don't get why everyone thinks this is such a wounderful receiver. I would like to listen to all the pros and cons on what i may have missed. Or is there something a little better or something a little less thats just as good. THANKS
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 9 Old 12-22-2013, 02:03 AM
Senior Writer @ AVS

Mentioned: 28 Post(s)
Quoted: 1445 Post(s)
Liked: 2721

You should be able to find setup tips on the forum. Generally speaking, it's up to you to tweak your setup, that receiver has a lot of capability—it'll take a while to get the most out of it.

If you want to experience exceptional picture and sound quality, Blu-ray is a great option. The quality of your source material is what matters most.

Find out more about Mark Henninger at www.imagicdigital.com
post #3 of 9 Old 12-22-2013, 04:34 AM
585-645-1006

Mentioned: 13 Post(s)
Quoted: 1356 Post(s)
Liked: 1595
http://www.avsforum.com/t/1482248/the-official-marantz-sr5008-sr6008-and-sr7008-av-receiver-owners-thread/0_100

---------------------------------
"JD" – jd@avscience.com ; shop.avscience.com ; 585-645-1006, AVScience - Authorized dealer for AVRs, Speakers, etc. 
Daily 8am – 8pm EST (Sat/Sun too if you leave message)
Call for pricing on Denon, Marantz, Yamaha, Pioneer Elite, Def Tech, Atlantic Tech, Oppo
** Think the AVR is defective?  Reset the microprocessor 4-5 times. 
post #4 of 9 Old 12-22-2013, 09:22 PM - Thread Starter

Mark your right, I set up the blue ray today and the picture and sound was better, I bought the cable for the sub and the cat5 for internet and i'll set that up tomorrow.
I had this sub for many many years and I always had the speaker wires installed to this I never knew that all I needed was just one rca cable. It looks a lot cleaner back there and i'm hoping that it's going to sound even better. Thanks
post #5 of 9 Old 12-23-2013, 10:29 AM - Thread Starter

how long does the audyssey setup take it's been running for about 15 to 20 minutes and I can't tell if it's done.
post #6 of 9 Old 12-23-2013, 01:09 PM - Thread Starter

That's all set, but when I go into General it says that Zone 2 is setup. All my connections are to Zone 1 and in General all it shows is Zone 2 and Rename Zones. When I go into renaming zones it says Main Zone is the Main Zone and Zone 2 is Zone 2. This sounds more confusing that it is.
post #7 of 9 Old 12-23-2013, 01:36 PM - Thread Starter

Now I don't have cable tv i'm sure it's something I did on the remote? all my connections are secure.
post #8 of 9 Old 12-29-2013, 08:54 AM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10

I just installed a brand new SR5008 two days ago. It worked great for all of 15 hours— video, AirPlay, everything I wanted worked great. Then it asked to do a software update, downloaded the update, and then went into an update loop. I pulled the plug for a few hours, held the power button down for a few minutes, did a reset to factory settings a few times, and it still just keeps trying to update the software, ending up with a "Cannot connect OE" message. Marantz is closed on weekends, so no help there. Unbelievable! My network is fine: the Marantz even shows up on AirPlay for a few minutes when it powers on.

Any ideas?

post #9 of 9 Old 12-29-2013, 09:25 AM
585-645-1006

Mentioned: 13 Post(s)
Quoted: 1356 Post(s)
Liked: 1595
^^
First note, you would be better served posting in the Owner's thread linked below ...

http://www.avsforum.com/t/1482248/the-official-marantz-sr5008-sr6008-and-sr7008-av-receiver-owners-thread/0_100

Second, try doing a network reset ...pressing/holding the PRESET CH +/- buttons on the front panel of the AVR for 4-5 seconds while powering on the unit.

---------------------------------
"JD" – jd@avscience.com ; shop.avscience.com ; 585-645-1006, AVScience - Authorized dealer for AVRs, Speakers, etc. 
Daily 8am – 8pm EST (Sat/Sun too if you leave message)
Call for pricing on Denon, Marantz, Yamaha, Pioneer Elite, Def Tech, Atlantic Tech, Oppo
** Think the AVR is defective?  Reset the microprocessor 4-5 times. 
Reply Receivers, Amps, and Processors

Tags
Marantz Sr5008
Gear in this thread

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page