DENON AVR-X1000 feature or bug ? - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 4 Old 12-26-2013, 03:57 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
there are only two analog input one marked MPLAYER and other marked CBL/TV and two equivalent HDMI slots marked same.
now if I connect something to MPLAYER or CBL/TV and the HDMI inputs are not connected I hear the audio , as soon as I connect some audio source or HDMI or CBL/TV the analog channel stop working.
my mixer is connected to the analog MPLAYER and my PC audio is connected to the MPLAYER HDMI and even if I disable the audio card on pc the analog input is unusable unless I plug out the HDMI cable .
how can I use the mixer audio and pc audio together without having to unplug devices. ?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 Old 12-26-2013, 05:28 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 37 Post(s)
Liked: 101
It looks like the RCA L/R 'legacy' inputs are an endangered species - I have the 1713 Denon which the X1000 replaced in their model lineup. I knew when I bought it that it had only 2 L/R stereo inputs. It isn't a limitation for me since I have two sources that have HDMI inputs and I use the USB port on the front more than anything. It may become a limitation if I decide to plug something else in and it isn't HDMI capable. I have a tuner connected to one set of inputs since I found the Denon tuner is crap - the other is from the DVD player for when I want to play a CD. This is in a bedroom setup.

You could get one of these if you have any spare HDMI ports. Some times saving a few $'s doesn't pan out like you planned. All in all the Denon isn't half bad.

When all else fails - RTFM!

♫♫♫ Two Channel Rules! ♫♫♫

GO SEAHAWKS!!!
post #3 of 4 Old 12-26-2013, 05:38 PM
585-645-1006

Mentioned: 10 Post(s)
Quoted: 1103 Post(s)
Liked: 1523
HDMI inputs will take priority over the other digital or analog inputs when all are using the same source name. To use the audio from one of these other inputs, you must change the INPUT MODE setting from "Auto" to "Analog" if you want to listen to audio from one of these analog inputs.

For more information on your X1000, review posts #3-6 in the Denon AVR-E/X Owner's thread .....

http://www.avsforum.com/t/1465528/the-official-2013-denon-e-series-x-series-avr-model-owners-thread-faq/0_100#post_23134210

---------------------------------
"JD" –
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
; shop.avscience.com ; 585-645-1006, AVScience - Authorized dealer for AVRs, Speakers, etc. 

Mon - Fri: 10am – 10pm EST (Sat/Sun too if you leave message)
Call for pricing on Denon, Marantz, Yamaha, Def Tech, Atlantic Tech, Parasound
** Think the AVR is defective?  Reset the microprocessor 4-5 times. 
post #4 of 4 Old 12-27-2013, 12:03 AM - Thread Starter

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
then I will have to go into setup mode and flip flop between HDMI and ANALOG modes. or if I go with Knucklehead90 suggestion of putting a stereo to HDMI box can I connect the mixer RCA output like this to the DVD or GAME HDMI port on DENON ?
Reply Receivers, Amps, and Processors

Tags
Denon Avr X1000 5 1 Channel Home Theater Receiver
Gear in this thread - X1000 by PriceGrabber.com

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page