recording to cassette decks and minidisk decks - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 4 Old 01-01-2014, 09:03 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10

I have had the sr6007 about 2 months now and have eventually just got my system rewired for 7.1 from the 5.1 I had with my denon avr 3806. I had to change due to the lack of hdmi ports on the denon. All seems ok but I cannot seem to get any outputs from the amp to the cassette deck and / or minidisk deck to record on, is this possible with this system. The denon had optical o/ps as well whereas this doesnt. The internet radio seems ok. Answers appreciated.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 Old 01-01-2014, 09:27 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Liked: 81
There's no conversion from external digital audio on any of the analogue outputs of your receiver, execept for the main zone speaker terminals and pre-outs. You could use the main zone pre-outs, but eveything that gets applied to the main zone speakers, like volume control, room equalization, and DSP effects gets applied to the pre-outs as well. A better alternative would be to connect your sources using analogue audio cables as well.
post #3 of 4 Old 01-02-2014, 04:49 AM - Thread Starter

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10

Thanks Ross, I will connect up as you advise and let you know the outcome. Regards, Andy.

post #4 of 4 Old 01-02-2014, 05:44 AM
AVS Addicted Member

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 762 Post(s)
Liked: 1175
Quote:
Originally Posted by tinhead261 View Post

I have had the sr6007 about 2 months now and have eventually just got my system rewired for 7.1 from the 5.1 I had with my denon avr 3806. I had to change due to the lack of hdmi ports on the denon. All seems ok but I cannot seem to get any outputs from the amp to the cassette deck and / or minidisk deck to record on, is this possible with this system. The denon had optical o/ps as well whereas this doesnt. The internet radio seems ok. Answers appreciated.

Being as its 2014 you have far better alternatives for recording audio than long convicted sound quality felons like the cassette recorder and users of rare obsolete media like MD recorders.

http://www.zoom.co.jp/products/h1/spec/

Less than $100 and capable of both uncompressed (.wav file) and compressed (mp3) recording.

If you want something with more curb appeal:

http://tascam.com/product/ss-r100/

http://www.markertek.com/Audio-Equipment/Flash-Memory-Recorders-Players/D-M-Professional/DN-F450R.xhtml

Reply Receivers, Amps, and Processors

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page