Parasound 2100 PreAmp or AV7005? - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 1 Old 01-01-2014, 10:13 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Seeking input on a dilemma I have. I just purchased a used Oppo BDP-95 and plan to use the much lauded analog outs for music listening. Should I run the RCA outs to the AV 7005 or pick up the Parasound 2100 stereo preamp and use it for music listening and use the AV7005 for HT only via the HT bypass of the 2100? I'm very happy with the AV7005 two channel sound via HDMI and Coax; but not really happy with the analog sound from my old BDP-93. I know the BDP-93 dacs are not comparable to the BDP-95's. I'm planning to buy the 2100 used, so returning it won't be an option. I'm also considering the Emotiva USP-1, the Parasound P5, and the Emotiva XSP-1 (which is currently not available). Any thoughts and opinions on these units re two channel analog performance are much appreciated. Thanks.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply Receivers, Amps, and Processors

Tags
Marantz Av7005 Pre Processor , Parasound Classic 2100 Stereo Pre Amp , Oppo Bdp 95 Blu Ray Disc Player , Oppo Bdp 93 Blu Ray Player , Emotiva Usp 1 Stereo Preamplifier

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page