Onkyo causing blank screen on ps3 and web pages after rearranging setup - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 2 Old 01-08-2014, 02:25 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 12 Post(s)
Liked: 14
I turned my theater into a bedroom temporarily to accommodate my girlfriend and son moving in. I had all my AV stuff in a corner, ps3, onkyo ht-rc270, Epson 8700 ub hanging etc. I had to move the rack over to the other side of the room to make room for the bed. Now when I try to use my ps3 or surf the web on the projector its all goofy. what happens is on the ps3 I can not set it to 1080p otherwise the projector wont see a signal. 1080i and 720p work fine. When the pc is on, when i surf web pages almost every time I go to a different page the screen goes black and then comes back on. some times is turns on the black and on then black etc till i blindly click something else on the web browser to go to a different page. I am not sure what is going on. settings are the same on the AVR and the FP. The only thing I can maybe think of is that I have a different 25 hdmi cable running across the room now instead of the shorter one from before. Could a bad or to long run of an hdmi cable cause this? any ideas would help.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 2 Old 01-08-2014, 02:27 PM
585-645-1006

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 956 Post(s)
Liked: 1485
Yup. It's the longer cable length as well as the quality of the cable. Add an HDMI repeater/extender or get a better quality HDMI cable (Monoprice or Blue Jeans Cables) and that should resolve your issue. smile.gif

---------------------------------
"JD" –
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
; shop.avscience.com ; 585-645-1006, AVScience - Authorized dealer for AV Gear 

Mon - Fri: 8am – 8pm EST (Sat/Sun too, will return call if I don't pick up)
Call for pricing on Denon, Marantz, Yamaha, Def Tech, Atlantic Tech, Parasound
** Think the AVR is defective?  Reset the microprocessor 4-5 times. 
Reply Receivers, Amps, and Processors

Tags
Onkyo Ht Rc270 , Epson Home Cinema 8700 Ub Projector
Gear in this thread - Rc270 by PriceGrabber.com

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page