CHOOSE.... Adcom GFA-7707 or Emotiva XPA-5 and XPA-2 - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 3 Old 01-10-2014, 12:10 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Putting together my first separate 7.2 AV system and need help in selecting my amp. I have decided to go with the Marantz AV-7701 for my processor.

The amp will be driving three Fusion – 12 Tempest speakers LCR and not 100% sure what I’m using for the surrounds yet... probably the Fusion-8 Alchemy
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 Old 01-16-2014, 12:53 PM - Thread Starter

Liked: 10
Nobody has an opinion regarding these two amps ??
post #3 of 3 Old 01-16-2014, 01:48 PM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 15
Quote:
Originally Posted by cjs1 View Post

Putting together my first separate 7.2 AV system and need help in selecting my amp. I have decided to go with the Marantz AV-7701 for my processor.

The amp will be driving three Fusion – 12 Tempest speakers LCR and not 100% sure what I’m using for the surrounds yet... probably the Fusion-8 Alchemy

Well, the Emotiva is one hell of a deal, but I personally like the Adcom. I am "brand loyal" to some extent. I have owned an Adcom two channel amp, two of their Pre-Pro's, and still own a five channel THX amp. I'm not technical enough to get into the differences between the two amps that you are thinking about, but would like to mention that the Adcom is a beast of an amp, and has a 20 amp plug that requires a dedicated 20 amp, 120V AC circuit, and a 20 amp, 120V receptacle. Are you prepared for that? Your speakers are high sensitivity speakers, so perhaps you don't need a "monster" amp. I don't know the room size, or your listening habits either.

Espo77
Reply Receivers, Amps, and Processors

Tags
Emotiva Xpa 5 5 Channel Power Amplifier , Emotiva Xpa 2 Stereo Power Amplifier , Adcom Gfa 7705 5 Channel 200 Watt Amplifier , Marantz Av7701 Audio Video Preamp Processor
Gear in this thread

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page