Need AV Receiver advice for Pioneer SP-PK52FS speakers. - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 1 Old 01-17-2014, 03:29 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
I recently bought a pair of SP-FS52 towers for front L&R channels (I moved the old Kenwood fronts to surround speakers.), the SP-C22 center channel, and a Dayton 1200 sub (LOVE IT!) for my old Kenwood HTIB kit that included a Kenwood VR-309 receiver, which I understood was a pretty good receiver back in the day. My next upgrade is a new receiver because:

1. My Kenwood's IR sensor intermittently decides to work.
2. No HDMI ports. I'd love have the audio from HDMI go to the receiver instead of having to use analog or Digital Optical/Coax connections. e.g My Chromecast doesn't have any other output for audio than HDMI and to my frustration, my TV just passes stereo audio to my receiver via it's optical out.
3. It doesn't have all the nice EQ settings and adjustments modern receivers have.
4. I'm not sure it has enough power to drive my new Pioneer speakers adequately.

If I am wrong about the power, please let me know. I make no claims of being an audio expert and maybe I'm crazy, but to my subjective ears there are times when the speakers sound really good and loud enough and times when the volume seems to go lower than I'd like and I feel like I'm missing some of the higher frequency details, without touching the volume knob. I also seem to have to turn up the volume louder to get to the same loudness as my old kenwood speakers.

My budget is $200 - $450 and the receivers I am considering (At accessories4less.com) are:

Denon AVR E400 & X1000

Onkyo TX NR 626 & NR 616

Yamaha RX V475, V675, & A730

I've been doing research and it seems to me the Yamaha's generally have the best sounding equipment but don't have as many features and aren't as good with video processing or maybe even passing through the video as Onkyo's or Denon's. What would you all recommend?

-Thanks!
Reply Receivers, Amps, and Processors

Tags
Yamaha Rx V475 5 1 Channel Network Av Receiver , Onkyo Tx Nr626 7 2 Channel Network Audio Video Receiver , Onkyo Tx Nr616 , Denon Avr X1000 5 1 Channel Home Theater Receiver , Denon Avr E400 , Pioneer Andrew Jones Sp C22 Center Channel Speaker , Dayton Audio Sub 1200 12 120 Watt Powered Subwoofer
Gear in this thread - Nr616 by PriceGrabber.com

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page