NAD T973/T975/M25, Parasound halo a51 or emotiva xpa5? - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 13 Old 01-19-2014, 12:25 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 15
I'm contemplating what amp to use with a Yamaha cx-a5000 processor I'm getting this week. I'm considering used NAD T973 or T975, new NAD M25, new Parasound halo a51 or new emotiva xpa5. My speakers are martin logan spires, stage x, fx2's, and svs sb13 ultra. I've tried a xpr5 before on a 15amp circuit and it sounded too bright with my speakers and would hear a burp type noise out of my rear speakers when the amp was powered off. Thanks for input
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 13 Old 01-19-2014, 01:34 PM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 5 Post(s)
Liked: 32
Quote:
Originally Posted by jslaw81 View Post

I'm contemplating what amp to use with a Yamaha cx-a5000 processor I'm getting this week. I'm considering used NAD T973 or T975, new NAD M25, new Parasound halo a51 or new emotiva xpa5. My speakers are martin logan spires, stage x, fx2's, and svs sb13 ultra. I've tried a xpr5 before on a 15amp circuit and it sounded too bright with my speakers and would hear a burp type noise out of my rear speakers when the amp was powered off. Thanks for input

I have not used either though I would prefer to have the amp that is rated higher at 4ohms or gets as close to double the power at 4ohms as compared to 8 ohm. Those Spires and Stage X can dip pretty low. So I would opt for the Parasound

I use a Sunfire TGA-5400 to power my ML Montis and EM C2 center with my CX-A5000. It is rated 400/800 8ohm/4ohm.

Speakers: Martin Logan Montis, EM C2, Dual Depth I Subs, JBL S38 surround (upgrading soon) | Processor: Yamaha CX-A5000 | Amp: Sunfire TGA-5400 | Sources: DirecTV HR34, HTPC, Mac Mini, Oppo BDP-103, PS4, PS3, Xbox One, Wii U | Television: Panasonic 65VT50 | Remote: Logitech Harmony Ultimate
post #3 of 13 Old 01-19-2014, 01:39 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by liltalkm View Post

I have not used either though I would prefer to have the amp that is rated higher at 4ohms or gets as close to double the power at 4ohms as compared to 8 ohm. Those Spires and Stage X can dip pretty low. So I would opt for the Parasound

I use a Sunfire TGA-5400 to power my ML Montis and EM C2 center with my CX-A5000. It is rated 400/800 8ohm/4ohm.

Thanks for your input. I'm probably going to order the parasound tomorrow. I think that's the way to go. By the way how do you like the Yamaha cx-a5000?
post #4 of 13 Old 01-19-2014, 01:40 PM - Thread Starter

By the way a friend of mine is selling his stage x if your interested.
post #5 of 13 Old 01-19-2014, 02:02 PM
Advanced Member

Quote:

Thanks for your input. I'm probably going to order the parasound tomorrow. I think that's the way to go. By the way how do you like the Yamaha cx-a5000?

I am warming up to it. It has only been in my setup just over a week.

It sounds different as compared to the Onkyo I was using. Not better or worse. Just different and its not a bad different. Very detailed sound with a wide sound stage. Make sure experiment with the different DAC filters. Using "Slow roll off" really warms the sound up.

What are you using now?
Quote:

I would love to have one but I don't have the room in my console for it. Having said that, I am very happy with the C2's performance. Speaking of performance, I bet you love those Spires. I know I love my Montis. I have mine paired with dual Depth i's. They sound wonderful.

Speakers: Martin Logan Montis, EM C2, Dual Depth I Subs, JBL S38 surround (upgrading soon) | Processor: Yamaha CX-A5000 | Amp: Sunfire TGA-5400 | Sources: DirecTV HR34, HTPC, Mac Mini, Oppo BDP-103, PS4, PS3, Xbox One, Wii U | Television: Panasonic 65VT50 | Remote: Logitech Harmony Ultimate
post #6 of 13 Old 01-19-2014, 02:13 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:

I am warming up to it. It has only been in my setup just over a week.

It sounds different as compared to the Onkyo I was using. Not better or worse. Just different and its not a bad different. Very detailed sound with a wide sound stage. Make sure experiment with the different DAC filters. Using "Slow roll off" really warms the sound up.

What are you using now?
I would love to have one but I don't have the room in my console for it. Having said that, I am very happy with the C2's performance. Speaking of performance, I bet you love those Spires. I know I love my Montis. I have mine paired with dual Depth i's. They sound wonderful.

Buy a different console. Lol. I love my spire's. What finish do you have? I have bubinga with silver air frame. I'm using a Marantz AV7701 right now but I'm going to swap it out at my dealer for the yamaha. I had a 8801 for a while then a mcintosh mx121. But after this merry go round I hope to stick with the cx-a5000 for a while.
post #7 of 13 Old 01-19-2014, 02:18 PM
Advanced Member

Quote:

Buy a different console. Lol. I love my spire's. What finish do you have? I have bubinga with silver air frame. I'm using a Marantz AV7701 right now but I'm going to swap it out at my dealer for the yamaha. I had a 8801 for a while then a mcintosh mx121. But after this merry go round I hope to stick with the cx-a5000 for a while.

Ha! I plan on it with the next TV purchase.

I have seen the Bubinga with silver frame an it is totally hot. I went with black ash as my Vista's were and my Depth's are both black ash.

My Vistas will be going up for sale soon. I am debating on giving the panels a bath before selling.

Seeing what you have used and now going to the Yamaha, I have a feeling you will be happy.

I think the next upgrade will be a couple of Vanquishes for surrounds.

post #8 of 13 Old 01-19-2014, 02:21 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:

Ha! I plan on it with the next TV purchase.

I have seen the Bubinga with silver frame an it is totally hot. I went with black ash as my Vista's were and my Depth's are both black ash.

My Vistas will be going up for sale soon. I am debating on giving the panels a bath before selling.

Seeing what you have used and now going to the Yamaha, I have a feeling you will be happy.

Giving the panels a bath huh? I'm not sure I would do that. Seems risky.
post #9 of 13 Old 01-19-2014, 02:24 PM
Advanced Member

Have you seen this?

http://www.martinloganowners.com/~tdacquis/forum/ML/Martin%20Logan%20Quest%20Stator%20Panel%20Shower%20Washing.pdf

Its just a thought. Those that have done it swear by it.

post #10 of 13 Old 01-19-2014, 03:22 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:

Have you seen this?

http://www.martinloganowners.com/~tdacquis/forum/ML/Martin%20Logan%20Quest%20Stator%20Panel%20Shower%20Washing.pdf

Its just a thought. Those that have done it swear by it.

Yes I've seen that but seems like alot of work and you have to be very carful.
post #11 of 13 Old 01-19-2014, 03:50 PM
Advanced Member

Quote:

Yes I've seen that but seems like alot of work and you have to be very carful.

Just thinking it could be a selling point.

The panels are in great shape but I would love them close to perfect for the next owner. I am probably just being anal.

post #12 of 13 Old 01-21-2014, 06:52 AM
Advanced Member

Quote:

I saw this over at Martinloganowners.com

http://www.martinloganowners.com/forum/showthread.php?15351-Looking-for-ML-Stage-X

post #13 of 13 Old 04-02-2014, 10:37 AM
wse
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 105 Post(s)
Liked: 279
Reply Receivers, Amps, and Processors

Tags
Yamaha Cx A5000bl Aventage 11 2 Channel Av Pre Amplifier
Gear in this thread

User Tag List