Old 01-19-2014, 05:03 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
My requirements:
  • Must be able to convert compressed DTS and Dolby Digital to analog
  • Analog must be either composite or 3.5mm
  • Ideally the resulting output would be a full mix of the surround channels without dropping any channel (most I have tried simply strip the left and right stream)
  • Ideally it would be HDMI in, the ones I have seen only offer optical or coax in
  • If I go optical in I will need an HDMI to Optical converter as well, which I would need suggestions for as well

Here is what I have now and why it doesn't work.
I have a ViewHD Premium HDMI to HDMI + Audio (sPDIF + RAC L/R) extracting the HDMI audio to optical and going into a Orei DA34 Digital to Analog Audio Decoder . The problems I have are many. The ViewHD often does not passthrough the HDMI video and because of this is very unreliable. The Orei device adds static and odd noises to the audio; not always an issue, but often and random enough that I don't really know what is causing it other than poor performance.

My sources run the gamut, but are all HDMI. I have an Xbox 360 that outputs Dolby, I have an Xbox One that outputs DTS, and a PC that outputs PCM. My goal is to get a composite (RCA) or 3.5mm mix to feed my game capture device that only accepts uncompressed, 2 channel audio. I am not too concerned about the PC's PCM as the only way I see that working is with a DTA that accept HDMI directly and those do not seem to exists.

If anyone can point me in the right direction I would appreciate it and any suggestions would also be great.