Official Pioneer Elite SC-71 Receiver Thread - Page 10 - AVS | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Baselworld is only a few weeks away. Getting the latest news is easy, Click Here for info on how to join the Watchuseek.com newsletter list. Follow our team for updates featuring event coverage, new product unveilings, watch industry news & more!

Forum Jump: 
 1Likes
post #271 of 280 Old 04-04-2015, 05:23 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Have a SC72, got it a little over a year ago at Best buy before they had the price drop on them ( Cra*). Anyway the unit appears to be dead now.
Will not power on, Can hold the stby sw for 10sec then release and press again and it will turn on the mains inside and display POWER UP on the unit display.
Won't enter reset mode by holding the enter button and pressing stby switch. Have the unit removed from the stack now with nothing plugged into it to make sure there
isn't an issue with something shorted on an input or speaker. No joy, It's looking like a trip to the repair facility.
At least Pioneer was promt and tried to be as helpful as possible when I called.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #272 of 280 Old 04-06-2015, 11:04 AM

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by JChin View Post
Hi zeeoo7, utilize HDZone HDMI to TV as the video source and using Main Zone as the music source.
Thanks a lot. I tried this and worked. It just took 10-15 minutes after reading the manual to get more information on the HDZone and set it up.

But, there are two things.

1. It's now not possible to control volume or mute using the other remotes like the TV remote and Cable TV remote. They don't respond. I read somewhere in the manual that the Control with HDMI function won't work when using HDZone.

Am I right? Is there any work around?

2. The response to Cable TV remote functions seems slower after changing the HDZone.

Sony Bravia HX800 55" 240Hz 3D LCD EdgeLit LED
Pioneer Elite SC-71 Receiver
PS4 and PS3 Slim (with 3D Blue Ray player)
Comcast Cable Xfinity X1 DVR (Panasonic HD-DVR)
Bowers & Wilkins 686B Book Shelf Speakers (Front L and R)
BIC America F-12 12" Subwoofer
post #273 of 280 Old 04-17-2015, 08:23 PM

Many thanks to all who posted suggestions for tuning the sound of the SC-71! I knee-jerk purchased one this week from Best Buy (NIB, on sale for 549.99, free shipping), and I was afraid I'd made a huge mistake, as the sound seemed very thin compared to the terrific sound of the VSX-1124 I bought from BB a few months ago. After redoing the MCACC setup following the wonderful tips posted here, the sound is much fuller and richer.

I've *always* wanted an Elite, but was never able to afford one. When I saw the SC-71 on sale, all plans of waiting for the VSX-1130 went out the window! I don't recall doing this much tweaking to the MCACC of the 1124, but it's been a while. My plan is for the 1124 to replace the old (but still very functional) VSX-D912 in the bedroom setup, while the SC-71 takes up permanent residence in the living room. I'll keep tweaking, but...so far, so good!
post #274 of 280 Old 05-07-2015, 03:06 PM

I am at a loss here guys. Please help.
I just got the SC71 and ran mcacc setup and it's registering all speakers and it's setup.

I tris using my PS4 and my BD and neither of the are playing Rear surround and it's not showing on my display.

I have tried every setting Neo etc. I tried 2 dif ferret BD and still nothing. Also voice is not only in center like it should be.

Please help.
Jon
post #275 of 280 Old 05-07-2015, 04:28 PM

Quoted: 74 Post(s)
Liked: 17
To all the owners who were getting weak bass from their mains (without a subwoofer) - how did you get past this? I know I was getting better bass from my old Yamaha, so this shouldn't be the case, right?
post #276 of 280 Old 05-12-2015, 09:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by goldark View Post
To all the owners who were getting weak bass from their mains (without a subwoofer) - how did you get past this? I know I was getting better bass from my old Yamaha, so this shouldn't be the case, right?
There are some really good suggestions a bit further back through this thread; basically, after you run MCACC, you should go into the manual setup and make sure your speakers are set to "Large" (for no subwoofer), then select the "Front Align" profile from the Audio Parameters menu (button).
post #277 of 280 Old 05-20-2015, 02:49 PM

Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Liked: 0
Newbie Questions

Hi all, I'm a home theater novice and just got the SC-71. I am only running back surround speakers. Should those be connected to the Surround outputs on the receiver or the Back Surround outputs? I assume the former as that it what the instructions for my old Sony ES receiver advised.

Bigger question, I have DefTech 8040STs in front and the 8040 surrounds in back, both of which are bipolar. The speaker manual says to NOT use MCACC or similar as those systems are thrown off by bipolar speakers. Any ideas on using MCACC with bipolar speakers.

Last, the fronts have built in subs and I have a separate SuperCube 4000. Can anyone recommend an optimal setting for ensuring that all signals are being passed to the towers? You can connect the towers with LFE and High Level or just High Level. The sub can also be connected either via LFE or High Level.

Thanks for any advice, it's very much appreciated.
post #278 of 280 Old 05-26-2015, 05:21 AM

Purchased a Open Box SC-71 This weekend

Hi everyone

Purchased an open box SC-71 this weekend - Best Buy was selling it for $296; sans remote, av navigator software and manual - and a few surface scratches.

I'm using it to power audio only - 4 outdoor speakers and 2 indoor speakers on Zone 2

Few questions for you geniuses:

1) Is there a way to fully power each of the 4 outdoor speakers and have audio play properly - like using the Front L/R for 2 speakers and the Surround L/R for 2 other speakers?

1a) Does the source matter? I.e. digital sources, such as internet radio or spotify through the unit seem to push power through the amp much differently - prior to getting the internet up and running (I'm using an old linksys router as a client) i had a tablet running spotify hooked up through rca inputs. The internet radio seemed to be pushing a tremendous amount of power to where i was getting feedback, vs, having to turn the volume way up on the tablet feed.

2) Tried using the icontrol app from both an android phone and iphone - my network setup is as follows:

I have a netgear router generating a wireless zone - assume an internal i.p. of 10.0.0.x; in the room with the receiver, i have a linksys router serving as a client, with a internal i.p of 192.168.10.1; the receiver is hardwired into the linksys and is showing an i.p of 192.168.10.135.

When I try to get the icontrol app to find the receiver, it gives me an error code and says it cant find it. Confirmed that my phone is on the same wifi network. Thoughts?

Thanks for any help you can provide!
post #279 of 280 Old 05-27-2015, 07:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gyaf View Post
Hi everyone

Purchased an open box SC-71 this weekend - Best Buy was selling it for $296; sans remote, av navigator software and manual - and a few surface scratches.

I'm using it to power audio only - 4 outdoor speakers and 2 indoor speakers on Zone 2

Few questions for you geniuses:

1) Is there a way to fully power each of the 4 outdoor speakers and have audio play properly - like using the Front L/R for 2 speakers and the Surround L/R for 2 other speakers?

1a) Does the source matter? I.e. digital sources, such as internet radio or spotify through the unit seem to push power through the amp much differently - prior to getting the internet up and running (I'm using an old linksys router as a client) i had a tablet running spotify hooked up through rca inputs. The internet radio seemed to be pushing a tremendous amount of power to where i was getting feedback, vs, having to turn the volume way up on the tablet feed.

2) Tried using the icontrol app from both an android phone and iphone - my network setup is as follows:

I have a netgear router generating a wireless zone - assume an internal i.p. of 10.0.0.x; in the room with the receiver, i have a linksys router serving as a client, with a internal i.p of 192.168.10.1; the receiver is hardwired into the linksys and is showing an i.p of 192.168.10.135.

When I try to get the icontrol app to find the receiver, it gives me an error code and says it cant find it. Confirmed that my phone is on the same wifi network. Thoughts?

Thanks for any help you can provide!

Figured it all out - I needed to set up the router as a repeater bridge or client bridge, in order to be on the same network as my wifi, and once i got that running, I was able to use the icontrol app to put the stereo easily into extended stereo mode which seems to fully power the speakers no matter what the source is.
post #280 of 280 Unread Today, 01:01 PM

Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Settings to enable a sub with 2-channel sources?

Hi Everyone,

Does anyone know how to get a sub to run with the front L/R speakers on 2-channel music? I'm unable to run MAACC due to having DefTech biopolars. The only way I've been able to get the sub to run on stereo signals is using surround fields like DPLII Music.

Thanks,

Adam
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply Receivers, Amps, and Processors

Tags
Pioneer Elite Sc 71

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page