Official Pioneer Elite SC-71 Receiver Thread - Page 9 - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #241 of 244 Old 07-16-2014, 05:07 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 71 Post(s)
Liked: 24
UPDATE- incase anyone cares. Called pioneer support. Which sucked BTW. They closed for 2 hours in the morning for "training" and are closed at lunch. I waited 35 minutes and was on the phone with them for about a minute. They said. "oh thats broken" so I returned it and got the last new one they had. I got it open box for 499 and they gave me a NIB one so I cant really complain. Last shot with Pioneer if something goes wrong with this its time for a denon.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #242 of 244 Old 07-16-2014, 05:17 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 17 Post(s)
Liked: 31
that's really weird.. maybe try crossing at 80hz? it's like some kind of mute is on taking the volume down -20 or something... have you tried a full on factory reset? I know it's a pain but maybe some setting got stuck in there that's causing this... at 0 db you should be achieving "lift off' type volumes.. my wife flips out if I get under -15...

the reset procedure is on page 71 of the manual: reset sc-71

EDIT: DOH! I need to read these posts backwards.. well, glad you got it replaced then.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lemonslush View Post
MCAA did set most of my channels -3 on surrounds and -7 on the C,L,R speakers. I find I have to watch a movie at -0 to get what I would consider "loud enough". Don't get me wrong its not quiet at -0 but seeing as it bench tested so high on RMS I would assume it would be a tad louder when compared to my 35 rmx yamaha also turned up to -0. I took out the db metter and decided to adjust the db levels of all the speakers. I made my RR the reference channel and put it to -0 db's, Which on my db meter turned to be around 81-83db's. The receivers volume was set to -30. I made all my speakers match to that 81-83 range with the center just a tad higher 82-84. All my speakers are set to small and the subs crossover is at 100 hurtz. My main subs are not finished yet as I am still waiting for the drivers to arrive so I have a 15" ported sub only right now getting about 600rms from my inuke.
I had to put the trim on -3 as the voices sounded tinny at higher volumes, might be my rooms acoustics but I am guessing its more the receiver. All in all I feel it sounds very clean and clear and has a nice even tone.

I will do a test later with a movie and see how loud it is turned up to -0. I have been using the blue ray avengers for my listening tests. Kinda getting sick of the movie at this point.

Listening: Outlaw Audio 950 | Sony CDPCX355 | 2x Marantz MA-700 + 2x MA-6100 | Energy RC-70 bi-amped + SVS PB-1000
HT: Pioneer Elite SC-71 AVR | LG 60PV450 plasma | all BIC 7 speaker surround + Klipsch sub-12hg | Sony BDP-S350 | WD TV
post #243 of 244 Old 07-17-2014, 10:35 AM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 71 Post(s)
Liked: 24
Yea this new receiver works EXCEPT the network keeps having errors and my mobile app wont work. My first sc-71 worked right away when connected and had no issues. I know my Either nets working fine as the PS4 is hooked up to it. Also the MCaa didnt do as good of a job this time around and the vocals sound muddier but on the pus site it was much louder. 0.0 was very loud and I had to turn it down to 10. My mains where still at -6.

I said enough is enough, regardless of the stellar deal I got on it $500 new. Bought a x4000 open box for $800 and I am returning it today.
post #244 of 244 Old 07-17-2014, 10:55 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 17 Post(s)
Liked: 31
wow... well, I think I would have done the same if I had all those issues with multiple receivers. Good luck with the x4000! If I made the jump from Pioneer it would be to Denon for sure.

PS: the network thing might have been a mac address issue.. setting a static IP on a different address from the old sc-71 might have fixed that. but the MCACC issues - sounds like another bad unit maybe. I have had different mic placement change the outcome of MCACC drastically. I now use a mini tri-pod and put it on two pillows on the couch right in the sweet spot (kind of where my head/heck would be if I was slouching). We have a floor lamp also that if i had it in a certain spot one of the rear channels would show as being out of phase.. so I remove that from the room before running it. Weird stuff.

Here's hoping all of us who bought these online don't have issues. we're pretty much screwed if we do.

Listening: Outlaw Audio 950 | Sony CDPCX355 | 2x Marantz MA-700 + 2x MA-6100 | Energy RC-70 bi-amped + SVS PB-1000
HT: Pioneer Elite SC-71 AVR | LG 60PV450 plasma | all BIC 7 speaker surround + Klipsch sub-12hg | Sony BDP-S350 | WD TV

Last edited by r3v3nant; 07-17-2014 at 11:00 AM.
Reply Receivers, Amps, and Processors

Tags
Pioneer Elite Sc 71

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page