Help with marantz 8002 receiver - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 3 Old 01-23-2014, 01:18 PM - Thread Starter
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 8 Post(s)
Liked: 16
I've bought this marantz receiver new when it first came out. It's been a love / hate relationship ( mostly hate ) since the get go. I know what it's capable of because it sounded and performed great the first year that I owned it. But something has happened since then and it never has sounded right. The audio is suppressed and has been for a long time. At first I thought it was a the audio source and not the receiver. For example, when I listen to the audience channels " guitar sessions " , as soon as it comes on the audio is extremely low. You have to turn it way up and it sounds like crap. But it does the same thing when inserting a live blu ray concert. There is something wrong with the audio. You can't get it to turn up without really turning the volume up. A few years ago I sent it in and they said there was nothing wrong with it internally. So I have lived with it the way it is now for a few years. It's not that noticeable with tv and movies but still not right.
So tomorrow I'm going to take the day and see if I can get this thing to sound properly. I might call marantz for some over the phone c.s., not sure if they will help or not since it's over 5 years old now. The last time they tried to tell me it was audyssey issue and to take it up with them.
I will take any advice I can get. I have not done any firmware updates in a long time. Should I ? What's the latest?
I just can't tell you how frustrated I have been with it because I was so happy with it in the beginning . It was like a light switch went off and has never been the same. Thanks chris

Btw...it's the same with headphones on.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 Old 01-23-2014, 03:33 PM
585-645-1006

Mentioned: 20 Post(s)
Quoted: 2003 Post(s)
Liked: 1751
You may want to try resetting the microprocessor per the instructions in the Owner's manual.

---------------------------------
"JD" – jd@avscience.com ; shop.avscience.com ; 585-645-1006, AVScience - Authorized dealer for AVRs, Speakers, etc. 

Daily 8am – 8pm EST (including weekends)
Call for pricing - Denon, Marantz, Yamaha, Pioneer, Onkyo, Def Tech, Atlantic Tech, Oppo
** Think the AVR is defective?  Reset the microprocessor 4-5 times. 
post #3 of 3 Old 01-23-2014, 05:02 PM - Thread Starter
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 8 Post(s)
Liked: 16
Quote:
Originally Posted by jdsmoothie View Post

You may want to try resetting the microprocessor per the instructions in the Owner's manual.

That's the same as a factory reset right? If so, it never has worked before .
Reply Receivers, Amps, and Processors

Tags
Marantz Sr8002 Surround Receiver
Gear in this thread - Sr8002 by PriceGrabber.com

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page