yamaha rx-v375 vs yamaha rx-v475 ? - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 11 Old 01-26-2014, 10:08 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Can anyone explain the difference between these two units ? What would I be getting better by paying more for the 475 ?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 11 Old 01-26-2014, 01:55 PM
AVS Special Member

Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Liked: 258

Yamaha makes it easy to do some comparing.  See:

http://usa.yamaha.com/products/audio-visual/av-receivers-amps/rx/?selected=447955_447957_&mode=compare

You can also look at the product pages for each model for more details about them, and for explanations of the things in the chart.

If you want people to advise you on which one you should buy, you should tell us everything that you want it to do for you.  Normally, it is a better value to buy whichever one is cheaper that does everything you want from it.

God willing, we will prevail in peace and freedom from fear and in true health through the purity and essence of our natural fluids. God bless you all.
post #3 of 11 Old 01-26-2014, 05:03 PM

Liked: 19

The difference between 375 and 475 is huge in sound quality, features and the way are built (and where). Models 475 and up are using "total purity concept", but not 375, check the link. 375 is made in China, 475 and higher models are built in Malaysia, their higher end factory.

Trust me, pay the extra money, worth every penny. You don't have to believe me, be my guest and go in a showroom where you can hear them side by side and see for yourself. I did and was obvious difference.

Keep in mind that 375 is low end budget model, still a bit better than Pioneer VSX523, but both are far from the full sound of 475/575.

post #4 of 11 Old 01-26-2014, 05:09 PM
AVS Addicted Member

Quoted: 212 Post(s)
Liked: 389
You asked the same question before in this thread. And got answers too.

http://www.avsforum.com/t/1449248/hdmi-standby-passthrough/30#post_24249469

Afro GT
post #5 of 11 Old 01-27-2014, 06:38 AM - Thread Starter

Thank you for the complete answer, this is the information I was looking for.
In the other question I asked I didn't feel it was in the right place to get a complete answer. This answer is what I was looking for, very complete and informative.
I had no idea they were built in different factories and had so many other features. I don't know as that I will use the wifi or some of the other features since I am an amateur and really do not have all that much knowledge in AV equipment. In my opinion the sound out of the 375 is great and it would do what I want tot do, but I guess it would be better to spend a little more and get features I may want down the road.
My front left and right speakers are Bose rated at 80 watts, the rears are Bose rated 120 watts the Bose center has no rating on it and a JBL powered sub woofer. Will these handle the extra power of the 475 ?
This is what I am looking for
I want good quality surround sound, I have no need for hooking up an ipod or air stuff or internet. I have netflix and other apps on the BD player.. I want to hook up my samsung tv, samsung BD player, teac cd player and maybe an oldeer VHS player-recorder and my scientific atlanta HD cable box. I mainly watch tv with a little listening to music. Which unit would be recommended for my needs ? It will be a long long time before I have 3D or 4K tv.
post #6 of 11 Old 01-28-2014, 05:56 AM

Liked: 19
Quote:
Originally Posted by rebs View Post
 I don't know as that I will use the wifi or some of the other features since I am an amateur and really do not have all that much knowledge in AV equipment. In my opinion the sound out of the 375 is great and it would do what I want tot do, but I guess it would be better to spend a little more and get features I may want down the road.

Look, I almost don't care about the extra features or power. I would pay the difference even if would be only for the sound quality.

post #7 of 11 Old 01-28-2014, 06:16 AM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 429 Post(s)
Liked: 188
The lower end models have spring clip terminals, I went for the 671 even though it's "only" for the PC audio system (the third and least expensive system in the house)

Krell Evolution 900e x 7

Bose Jewel speakers.

Jealous of my speakers?

post #8 of 11 Old 01-28-2014, 06:47 AM - Thread Starter

Thank you for the replies, I am now thinking it makes more sense to buy the 475
post #9 of 11 Old 03-09-2014, 05:21 PM

Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked: 28
Quote:
Originally Posted by fatbottom View Post

The lower end models have spring clip terminals, I went for the 671 even though it's "only" for the PC audio system (the third and least expensive system in the house)

I was shocked today at bestbuy when I went in to do my "in person" test to see the 375 had spring terminals for the center and satellites, just not the fronts. Deal breaker for me.

Vizio m55
Yamaha v475
Pioneer Andrew Jones 5.0, BIC F12
PS4, AppleTV, DirecTV
post #10 of 11 Old 04-12-2014, 08:17 AM

Quote:
 The difference between 375 and 475 is huge in sound quality, features and the way are built (and where). Models 475 and up are using "total purity concept", but not 375, check the link. 375 is made in China, 475 and higher models are built in Malaysia, their higher end factory

How can the difference be "huge" when judging from the spec sheet both have the very same DAC? Who cares about the factory they where buit in, how is that a valid point in this argument?

post #11 of 11 Old 04-12-2014, 08:52 AM
AVS Special Member

Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Liked: 258
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gunhead View Post

... Who cares about the factory they where buit in, how is that a valid point in this argument?

I think the word you are looking for there is "bigotry." Where a thing is made does not tell you how good it is, but it matters to people who are prejudiced about the people who make something.

In the absence of level-matched, blind listening tests, or specifications or measurements that involve differences that are above known jnds, there is no reason at all to believe that there will be any audible difference when both are operated within their design limits and all EQ and special processing is off. But when people see what they are listening to, they often imagine all sorts of audible differences. I have read posts online where someone claimed to hear not only differences in different brands of a particular gauge of wire, but even between the same brand where the only difference is the color of the insulation (the claim was that the insulation affected the sound, and the different colors had different pigments and therefore changed the material of the insulation). Basically, someone can distinguish between many things by sight, but when they do not use ONLY hearing (i.e., listen "blind"), there is no reason to believe that their ability to distinguish between them has anything whatsoever to do with actual sound. No matter how sincere they seem to be. If they don't trust their ears alone to distinguish between things, there is no reason why you should trust their ears either.

God willing, we will prevail in peace and freedom from fear and in true health through the purity and essence of our natural fluids. God bless you all.
Reply Receivers, Amps, and Processors

Tags
Yamaha Rx V375 5 1 Channel Av Receiver , Yamaha Rx V475 5 1 Channel Network Av Receiver
Gear in this thread - V375 by PriceGrabber.com

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page