Pioneer SVX-923-K HDMI out 2, sync problem - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 12 Old 01-29-2014, 04:09 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10

Hi, 

I just got a Pioneer SVX-923, and the main reason to get it was that it had a 2nd HDMI out (in its price range), since I have in the living room a TV and video projector.

The tv is close to the AV receiver, connected to HDMI out 1 with a 1.5m cable. All fine. The video projector (BenQ W1060) connects to HDMI out2, through a longer (maybe 7m) cable. And the problem is, the video projector rarely syncs. It just stays there "no signal" sometimes after a few mintes it seems to randomly acquire signal, and after that if I change input maybe it will do it maybe it will lose signal again. If I change back to HDMI1 (TV) it always works flawlessly. I've tried swapping, having video projector on HDMI1, and tv on 2, problem is the same.

If I connect any source directly to the beamer it works perfectly (as it always did before having the AV, when I had to manually plug cables back and forth). Sources I use are a pc, a windows surface, PS3, Xbox, and android computer. They all work perfectly connected directly on the video projector, but only randomly when connected to the AV.

Could I be missing something obvious? Could the AV be defective? If I don't sort this out, I'll probably give it back, since this was my number 1 reason so get it, having two HDMIs out...

Thanks a bunch in advance for any help.

Cheers

Luis

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 12 Old 01-29-2014, 06:45 AM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 24 Post(s)
Liked: 75
Have you tried connecting the receiver to the projector with a shorter HDMI cable temporarily? 7m isn't excessive and many people have been fine with that length, but it's still a significant distance. If the receiver to projector connection works with a shorter cable, (maybe use that 1.5m cable), then you might try a redmere cable for the 7m as that should tell you it's a cable thing and not a handshaking issue between the projector and receiver.
muitosabao likes this.

post #3 of 12 Old 01-29-2014, 07:05 AM - Thread Starter

Thanks for the tip, that makes sense. I'll give that a try later tonight! (among other things: like connecting just the projector without the TV on the other HDMI out)

What's the big advantage of those redmere cables? Sorry, noob here, first time I hear about them. Work better at longer distances?

Actually, I just checked my amazon purchase from last year, this was the cable http://www.amazon.de/gp/product/B008FNZH6Q/ref=oh_details_o00_s01_i00?ie=UTF8&psc=1 

It's actually 10m...

But again, it worked fine until now, if source was connected directly to the video projector, as I've had until now.

Thanks once again.

post #4 of 12 Old 01-29-2014, 07:34 AM
Advanced Member

You should be able to have both HDMI outputs running at the same time. I have a Pioneer 1522k and I use both to a projector and a secondary monitor just fine.

Redmere is for longer distances. Google/search these forums and then look here: http://www.monoprice.com/Category?c_id=102&cp_id=10255

I have a 16m HDMI cable and on my old projector it wouldn't work reliably, but in my new setup it works just fine to my secondary monitor. Different pieces of gear have difference tolerances. By trying the short HDMI cable from the receiver to your projector you should be able to determine if one of those devices, or the combination of the two, is more sensitive to the length and signal levels of your 10m cable. Hopefully that's all it is and the Redmere cable will be a relatively inexpensive solution... certainly cheaper than a new receiver.

Good Luck! Let us know how you get it resolved.

post #5 of 12 Old 01-29-2014, 07:47 AM - Thread Starter

Thanks a bunch. I'll sure give that a try and keep you posted if it works.

post #6 of 12 Old 01-29-2014, 12:16 PM - Thread Starter

Hi. So i've  made the tests without success. Connecting the BenQ projector using a short 1.5m cable results in the same problem, no signal is acquired or it is randomly (like, 1 out of ten tries, turning on and off etc). in the rare instance when the video signal is acquired, it happens after a long time trying (30 sec, 1min).

I've tried all combinations, both hdmi outs, with and without TV on the other hdmi out. Again, trying to connect any source directly to the BenQ projector with the same cable, resulted immediately in signal acquisition.

Anyone has any idea of what might be happening and what i could do to solve this?

Thanks again in advance for any help.

Luis

post #7 of 12 Old 01-30-2014, 08:29 AM - Thread Starter

Bump. Anyone? Getting really desperate here. Dunno if I should send it back. Anyone knows of a good alternative with 2HDMIs out in this price range (300-400euro)

post #8 of 12 Old 01-30-2014, 08:43 AM
Advanced Member

Have you verified you have the latest firmware?

Both of the last two updates (June and October 2013) indicate updates to "Improve the stability of HDMI connection."

post #9 of 12 Old 01-30-2014, 09:03 AM - Thread Starter

Thanks for your reply. I've checked on the device for updates and it told me i had the latest. But I'll check the version number on my system to the one online. Also, my BenQ beamer is firmware upgradable (through usb) but I searched online and couldn't find any firmware to download.

One thing I thought, since my projector also has a component in, was find a HDMI to component cable and try if this would work. Does it make sense? Would I lose quality taking the video out from the AV receiver HDMI out and send it to the projector in component?

Thanks again for your help. 

post #10 of 12 Old 01-30-2014, 09:14 AM
Advanced Member

Component is analog and HDMI is digital. You can find converters but I don't think you should have to go that route. This sounds like a handshaking problem. After verifying your firmware try posting over in the projectors forum and see if someone else with the W1060 can offer any insight. Some quick Google searches showed me that the W1060 is know for slow handshaking... but what you are experiencing may be something else.

Have you tried contacting either Pioneer or BenQ support?
muitosabao likes this.

post #11 of 12 Old 01-30-2014, 03:15 PM - Thread Starter

Yeah, indeed I had the latest firmware as i've suspected. And i shouldn't go the hdmi to component way, but at the moment i don't seem any other alternative. I've posted on the projector forum since two days, no reply yet :(

Will try somehow the Benq or pioneer support. Will also try to take my benQ to a friend's place this weekend, who has a Yamaha AV Receiver to see if it handshakes property and somehow excluse the possibility of being a problem with av receiver. Far fetched i know, but have to exclude all possibilities.

Bummer.

Thanks once again.

post #12 of 12 Old 02-03-2014, 04:52 AM - Thread Starter

Well, I decided to exchange the Pioneer with a Onkyo TX-NR626, which also features 2 HDMIs out for the same price. Now fingers crossed that it will play well with my BenQ.

Reply Receivers, Amps, and Processors

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page